Does anyone know if the new devices with this better hardware will still have that stalling at certain points in the os? Or will the faster hardware keep them from bogging like the current and earlier phones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 07:02 PM
    No way to know. The processor should be enough but if the OS isn't optimized correctly they could still be there. Either way it's safe to say you'll definitely see less, if any.
    CGI likes this.
    07-08-11 07:40 PM
    I doubt we've totally seen the end of the hourglass, but cheers to wishful thinking.
    07-08-11 07:50 PM
    they will still be there. there will probably still be instances where you do a bit more than the processor can handle, but it will DEFINITELY be less than on any other device now.
    07-09-11 09:51 PM
    Usually, the random hourglass is attributed to the phone doing a garbage collection, unless you specifically know that you are doing a processor intensive task. They will always be with you, but probably will last much less than with current hardware.
    Last edited by gbsn; 07-10-11 at 12:08 AM.
    07-10-11 12:05 AM
    I really wish they get rid of that hourglass. Even if it still took the same time to complete the task. Lots of us have become accustomed to it signifying a crash, ... come back...maybe it'll be better". Its the psychology of it. (I'm used to that meaning I have 0kb memory left on my storm1.)

Maybe if they still allowed the garbage collection in the background, but you could still use your phone.

Its not even a smooth clock animation! It is more like a sequence of images. They should replace it with a nice smooth loading icon that actually shows progress.

This is if they do not fix the garbage collection issue. I don't have much experience with other phones, but it doesn't seem the iOS or android does this.
    07-10-11 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD