I'm just wondering if there are any news/rumors of a new curve in the works? I ask because the 8900 (not my opinion, just saying hardware wise..) looks a little dated considering it has a trackball when the 8520, and the pending Onyx/driftwood have trackpads. I know that the curve 8900 is very far from being outdated, it's a great phone, one I'm actually considering getting over the onyx because I am impatient (lol), and won't living in a 3G area. Once again, not saying that the 8900 is outdated, just posing a question. Thanks for reading!
    08-14-09 12:31 AM
    Well, you sort-of, kind-of answered your own question... the Onyx is stepping in as an upgrade there. It will not replace the BOLD as a flagship macdaddy device, but rather offer something half-way between 8900 and BOLD, i.e. it will be the 8900 upgrade

We won't see a new flagship BOLD in the coming 8-12 months, judging from what has been posted to date.
    08-14-09 04:21 AM
    You can say what you want, but when the 9700 is available to the masses, it will be RIM's new flagship device. I don't understand people reasoning that because it's smaller than the Bold, it can't be a flagship device. Personally, I would wait for the phone that comes out after the Onyx but that's a matter of having patience.
    08-14-09 06:22 AM
    What is coming out after the Onyx? What details can you share about it. And what do you believe is the time frame?
    08-14-09 03:59 PM
    I believe the odin is going to be the next after the onyx xD (YEAH!!!!) and that is the phone i am difenetly going to get ODIN!ODIN!ODIN!
    08-14-09 09:08 PM
    is 3g that important?

personally i would suggest going for curve 8520. its affordable and includes everything a phone should do.

gps is a no no, why would u need a gps phone if you could buy a dedicated gps which will do the job better?
    08-17-09 08:23 AM
    Im just waiting for the S2/Odin. I cant go back to the small screens. The S2 will be the premiere device. I just cant see buying a device named Driftwood
    08-17-09 08:28 AM
    Some people like having GPS at hands reach at all times. GPS isnt just about being in the car and having turn-by-turn directions. It also helps you find places of interest etc etc.
    08-17-09 08:32 AM
    yah, 3g is way important. when i had the storm on verizons 3g network, i zoomed by so many pages. my pearl is old, so no comparision there. but my roomies 8900 is alrighty, but gets smoked by the 3g storm
    08-17-09 03:35 PM
    Someone help me. The onyx is the 9700 and the driftwood is Tmobile's 9700 with UMA and just a few days ago there was a picture on CB showing the battery cover of a 9700 with BOLD embossed in the battery cover......so isn't the onyx, driftwood and 9700 all the same darn phone?
    08-17-09 03:40 PM
    Therefore making the above phones the new Bold and the Bold replacement....the way I see it the Bold replacement is already being field tested from the pictures posted here on CB and that soon the Bold will be replaced
    08-17-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD