Traitors!
    Deception and trickery!
    They thought they had us fooled, but a messed up google link and some quick sleuthing revealed the TRUTH!
    Looks like the CrackBerry Team decided they wanted to go Android, and drag all of CrackBerry along with them.
    If you open any thread here on CrackBerry, and afix -print to the url, you'll get to see the lovely android robot. Yay.
    The proof is in the pudding:

New CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-crackberry-android-central.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-10-45.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-10-47.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-10-49.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-10-51.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-10-56.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-10-59.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-11-00.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-11-03.jpgNew CrackBerry Theme is just a copy of the Android Central theme :(-screenshot-2012-10-08-23-11-24.jpg

Come on CrackBerry, you're better than that, and the loyal BlackBerry users here deserve better than this.
    Shame on you.

*I don't actually care, I just think it's kinda funny. Mods feel free to relocate this thread; also, this bug has been reported in the proper bug reporting thread.
    10-09-12 12:16 AM
    10-09-12 12:23 AM
    Lol, I know. Kevin doesn't say that they just moved the theme files over from Android Central though
    I would have done the exact same thing as the CB team in the same position, except I would have used less white.
    mikeplus1 and bungaboy like this.
    10-09-12 12:34 AM
    I like the mobile theme allot.
    But it needs some orange, white, purple and red.
    10-09-12 12:41 AM
    I take it you never noticed iMore is the same template as well. That said though; we're not done here.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-09-12 12:45 AM
    Lol, I know. Kevin doesn't say that they just moved the theme files over from Android Central though
    I would have done the exact same thing as the CB team in the same position, except I would have used less white.
    The new iMore theme looks similar too.
    10-09-12 12:50 AM
    We have been assimilated.. Crackberry is a large part of Mobile Nations, and a new theme across the boards.
    "resistance is futile" (Star Trek)
    10-09-12 01:08 AM
    Mobile nation sites are rationalized and optimized together. (this is how I read it, I'm nowhere involved)
    Step one : rationalize (i.e : share the maximum in every sites to facilitate hosting, maintenance, evolutions => lower the costs, gain efficiency). During this step, "cosmetic" is secondary (even counter-productive) : you must ensure they are all bug-free.
    Step two : optimize (i.e : give each site its own "signature")

Kevin said specific themes will come, just watch the bottom-left of your screen in the coming weeks, they've already added a (beta) mobile theme !

On thing I'd love is to have SSO (single sign on) across all the sites ... that would be precious.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-09-12 05:46 AM
    I take it you never noticed iMore is the same template as well. That said though; we're not done here.
    Never had any reason to visit iMore lol, and I use(d) XDA for my Android news
    We have been assimilated.. Crackberry is a large part of Mobile Nations, and a new theme across the boards.
    "resistance is futile" (Star Trek)
    Would that make Kevin the Borg Queen?
    ...On thing I'd love is to have SSO (single sign on) across all the sites ... that would be precious.
    There kind of already is SSO if you use the same email to register on each site.
    10-09-12 10:50 AM
    its called mobile nations for a reason, and i do believe crackberry was one of the first
    10-09-12 11:00 AM
    But iWantMoreCrackBerryThemes. :P
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-09-12 12:24 PM
    When did Mobile Nations promise the forums wouldn't look the same? lol
    As a matter of fact, I remember Rene over at iMore basically admitting that
    the iMore forums would be similar looking the Android Central.

I actually prefer the older theme for all the sites. But what can we do?
    10-09-12 12:32 PM
    Once the creative department of the webmaster completes their critical mission, monitoring Kevin's hair growth, they promise to wow and amaze us.
    SCrid2000 and kbz1960 like this.
    10-09-12 10:11 PM
    Yeah, makes sense. Cause all unchanged avatars (on CB) on my Android version of Tapatalk are Lloyd the Droid and have been for about two weeks.

+1 on xda

BBW - Font colour is playing havoc with this theme...LoL

10-09-12 10:17 PM
    I'm waiting to see what things look like when the changes are done, but yea, not a fan of the new forum either....I find I'm spending a lot less time here now browsing the forum
    10-09-12 10:33 PM
    BBW - Font colour is playing havoc with this theme...LoL

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...perOni/bbw.jpg
    WTJ is your background doing all black

10-09-12 10:50 PM
    I'm waiting to see what things look like when the changes are done, but yea, not a fan of the new forum either....I find I'm spending a lot less time here now browsing the forum
    bbpandy

CrackBerry Addict

The addiction is not so strong with this one.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-09-12 10:55 PM
    *sigh*

No trickery involved. We've made this very clear. In terms of the code base across all our sites, this year we're getting all of the sites update to the same tech platform on the sites... both on the blog content side, and on the forum side.

So we want as much of our codebase the same as possible between the sites, as from a technical standpoint it makes our lives easier to maintain and from a user standpoint it makes new features MUCH easier for us to roll out (in the past we'd have to recode a new feature five times for each site). But to say ene site theme is a copy of another site theme is wrong. In reality, we're designing one master theme that will be used across all sites, that will then be customized for each community to fit it's unique characteristics and personality. Depending which sites get upgraded first, one will always be leading or trailing the others. In this case, we rolled out the forums upgrade on AC and iMore first.. then to CrackBerry.

After CrackBerry's upgrade here, we're working out tons of bugs and making tons of tweaks, so CB's forum code will be leading the pack. We'll have to back update AC to have some of the latest features and upgrades.

But in this case.. yep, you caught a bug. Which we'll be fixing shortly.

In the meantime, ya all should read this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...nd-2-a-749181/
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    10-10-12 02:51 PM
    I like the theme, I'm hoping for tons of cool tweaks. Jumping on it now.
    10-10-12 04:30 PM