I see recent posts regarding the new MSN/Hotmail email icon that has appeared on peoples devices. well, i just upgraded to .714 on my at&t branded 9700 and when i rebooted, a new yahoo icon appeared as well. it appears smaller than the original one with a slightly different background (no white circle i think). i did a search, but didnt see any mention of it. anyone else care to confirm?

EDIT: after digging deeper, it looks like some have noted the yahoo change in the hotmail threads. oh well, if you deem necessary, mods can do as you please with the thread. i thought hotmail was the only new icon pushed.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 07-02-10 at 05:56 PM.
    07-02-10 05:50 PM
    I had the Yahoo symbol for a few days and then it disappeared after my 9700 bricked on me.
    07-02-10 07:05 PM
    All you have to do is resend your service books and the icon will appear.
    07-04-10 10:48 AM
    Windows Live Mail has a little symbol as well.
    07-04-10 10:55 AM
    All you have to do is resend your service books and the icon will appear.
    i know that. but what im saying is that the icon is new. it is different than the older, larger one we were used to seeing for the past year or two.
    07-04-10 11:13 AM
    I'm wondering if we're going to see a new icon for Gmail show up eventually...
    07-04-10 11:16 AM
    I'm wondering if we're going to see a new icon for Gmail show up eventually...
    I've never seen an icon for Gmail on mine. Are we supposed to? I use a Gmail account, through the Rogers online service I had to put my email address into.
    07-04-10 11:30 AM
    I've never seen an icon for Gmail on mine. Are we supposed to? I use a Gmail account, through the Rogers online service I had to put my email address into.
    I've never seen an icon for Gmail on mine either, I'm just saying that with the new icons popping up for Hotmail, and a changed one for Yahoo!, it'd be cool to see one come along for us who use Gmail!

I think that Yahoo was the only one that had their own icon for the longest time, it'd be nice if they made one with the little Gmail "M" icon instead of the globe... We can only sit and wait...
    07-04-10 11:34 AM
    Gotcha'...yes, that would be cooler for sure.
    07-04-10 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD