Given the fact that after reading this article about the new CEO of RIM:

Meet RIM's new CEO [video]

Do you think that Thorsten Heins who has been named new CEO will take RIM in the direction it should have gone a very long time ago?

Note in the article about the mention of RIMS old CEOs and their Marketing concerns.

What does everyone think? Please post your comments. Will you now leave RIM and your beloved BB behind for a new platform or stick it out to see where things go from here?
    01-25-12 06:12 PM
    Staying with RIM, new CEO is mainly for perception and investors. Besides marketing they're still staying on the same path of releasing their OS7/OS7.1 devices, working on BB10 devices, and playbook 2.0.

New marketing campaigns already in the works, not sure what else they can do except moce forward to release better devices then the competition. My 9900 could perform a little better, which should come with 7.1 (haven't tried the leak) but other then that it does everything important to me really well with the best keyboard ever made!
    01-25-12 06:20 PM
    I have a 9930 as you can see in my profile at the top here and it works great. I wish I could share your same thinking. I am staying put but more than likely not for long as this will place RIM so far behind the competition unless they come up with a Marketing program to revile the other platforms, they will doom themselves.

There is a recent article the iPhone Q4 has outsold ALL Android phone combines written and reported by USA Today and the New York Times as well as many other publications.
    01-25-12 06:29 PM
    Iphones are definitley killing it, has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of people own Mac computers, ipads, and everything syncs really easy.

BlackBerry is growing everywhere except the US I believe and it's for a reason, they're great communicatin devices. To be honest if Apple made a Bold 9900 style phone I might jump ship to that. For me, no interest in an all touch phone I'd rather go back to OS5 and a Bold 9000 and be content with using it mainly for emails and give up the browser over a full touch. I've tried a Torch 9800 and 9810 but the Bold is just my style and preferrence.

RIM is a really strong company, no debt, billions in revenue, and great product. They just need to market their products and win back the business and consumer market share they've lost in recent years.
    01-25-12 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD