So my work is going to start paying for my cellular service, this is of course 2 weeks after I finally got my Curve after 2 months of trying. (Irony plays a pretty big role in my life) I do international sales and so I will need a GSM phone so Verizon and Sprint are out of the picture. You would think that my office has a contract with just one service provider but they don't, it's between T-Mobile and AT&T.

What I'm wondering is which do you recommend as far as international/domestic service. I do also travel around the U.S. a bit as well, coast to coast.

Lastly, I tried looking for the article but wasn't able to find it, what's the "release date" for the Bold for these two companies?
    07-29-08 10:32 AM
    Att has a much larger coverage area, Tmo is generally cheaper. Tmo is owned by Tmo Germany and has one of the largest international footprints in the world with some of the lowest roaming. My question is, why not keep VZW/Sprint and get the 8830? It roams overseas on GSM, domestically uses CDMA. This is but one option of many. There is no release date definately for the 9000. Tmo won't have it for months and it will be a different model # than the ATT one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 10:37 AM
    For one, my company doesn't have a Verizon/Sprint account as far as I know. Also the camera is a pretty big deal for me and useful for my job.

Side note, I'm pretty disappointed that the Bold only has a 2mp camera, a higher MP would really put it over the top for me.
    07-29-08 10:44 AM
    I would keep what you have and get the 8830, I love mine, you can get it unlocked to work with ANY Sim card outside the U.S.

And if you want to roam on Tmobile, just go get a SIM off ebay and activate it when you travel.

Simple and you can still keep great CDMA coverage here in the states

07-29-08 10:56 AM
    I would keep what you have and get the 8830, I love mine, you can get it unlocked to work with ANY Sim card outside the U.S.

And if you want to roam on Tmobile, just go get a SIM off ebay and activate it when you travel.

Simple and you can still keep great CDMA coverage here in the states

I think what he's trying to say is that it has to be att or tmobile (period).

Yes, you can go with the Verizon and unlock it and get another sim card and wait for the bill and pay the bill and expense the bill... But, his company most likely has a net account that they just bill on, so it's easier for work and him to just choose between the two.

Personally, I would get T-Mobile if I were outside the country the majority of time. Otherwise, I would get ATT because Tmobile service/coverage stinks in the U.S. (my opinio)
    07-29-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD