I have just come across this phone on the net. It says it carries dual secure OS (I assume much like the silent circle blackphone 2 which BP1 is a fail), I am not sure whether it is as secure as they describe on their website and on some articles. But it attracts my attention due to its design. I still not convinced Android can be secured but if I am going to buy a android, this could be my next alternative.

New Built-In Security Android Smartphone on market-1234-768x512.jpg

The world is getting bored with Apple and Samsung monopoly. I hope Blackberry smartphone has more interesting design.

LEAGOO Venture 1 | 5.0" Octa core Privacy Security business smartphone

Leagoo V1 Comes With Built-In Security Features - Gizmochina
    IJKBB10 likes this.
    10-18-16 12:23 PM
    It's tacky, especially the leather. Even their Engrish marketing acknowledges it as merely "decent" luxury.

And the lack of specifics plus the fact they're a Chinese company don't exactly make me trust this.
    rt2567 likes this.
    10-18-16 12:29 PM
    The problem with the boutique Android phones is support. Once their venture capital runs out who is going to support your phone?
    10-18-16 12:44 PM
    LARGER, SMOOTHER, GREATER

I'm sold.
    10-18-16 12:56 PM
    The world is getting bored with Apple and Samsung monopoly. I hope Blackberry smartphone has more interesting design.
    If "the world" is getting bored with them, then why are they still two of the top best sellers? "The world" has numerous other options, but keeps buying Samsung and Apple.
    JeepBB and MikeX74 like this.
    10-18-16 12:58 PM
    Sadly the world doesn't agree with your statement they keep buying the newest iphone and samsungs by the millions.
    10-18-16 01:06 PM
    Yeah I don't know that I have ever heard decent and luxury in the same sentence. Chinglish fail.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 02:26 PM
    Yeah I don't know that I have ever heard decent and luxury in the same sentence. Chinglish fail.
    One of the funniest "English as a foreign language" things I've come across was in an installation manual for a washing machine my Uncle had... which contained the memorable command to "Now insert pipe up your orifice".

I've also read technical books that have been translated from German into English, and they are near-impossible to parse due to strange sentence structure and words that no native English speaker would normally use in that context.

I've never understood why companies don't get a native-speaker to quickly glance through their manuals/adverts. I know that if I were to launch a product in Japan, I'd get a Japanese national to translate the manual and check for unintentional humour or clumsy phrasing.
    10-18-16 02:40 PM
    @ thurask

You centred the point. How can we trust a product to protect our privacy if we cannot even look within it?

Yes, you played the Chinese card, but unfortunately even Blackberry just licensed the entire hardware manufacturing to a Chinese manufacturer.

I don't want to get there because everyone manufactures phones in China (Apple is the first).

The point remains, if we can't look inside a product, in my opinion we cannot trust it.

On top of it we need to clarify what privacy includes or means when it comes to our personal correspondence.

A general definition of what is private should include:
    - who do we call (text or e-mail) or who do we receive calls (text or e-mail) from
    - how frequently we do receive or place such calls (text, e-mails)
    - the content of our correspondence
    - our geographic location

So in some ways a combination of the so-named meta-data and the correspondence itself.

Now, I am not aware of any smartphone whose broadband chip firmware is open. Neither Apple, nor Samsung nor Blackberry.

And since the broadbandchip provides connectivity to the cellular networks, it holds pretty much the key of all the details I mentioned above.

Not to mention that all smartphones that connect to cellular networks have a unique identification number that can be used, legally or illegally, to track us and tap our calls, text and internet data traffic.

I would conclude therefore by saying that if any of you is serious about protecting the privacy of your digital correspondence, I would not look at any phone that uses standard cellular (or satellite) networks to connect and exchange data.

p.s. I am not a native Engish speaker, so I apologize in advance for any mistake or misuse of the language. I hope nonetheless I was able to transfer the relevant concepts appropriately.
    Last edited by isherclub; 12-19-16 at 08:35 AM.
    rt2567 likes this.
    12-19-16 08:23 AM
    This is a Vertu knock off
    http://www.vertu.com

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 08:40 AM
    This is a Vertu knock off
    Vertu Official Website | Vertu

Posted via CB10
    And what does Vertu have to do with secure smartphones? As far as I remember they have some sort of agreement with Silent Circle, to pre-load their apps.

Still Vertu is a standard Android phone working with standard cellular networks and therefore at risk of being tapped/tracked exactly like every other phone connected to cellular networks, using networks vulnerabilities.
    12-23-16 08:47 AM
    "Dual carrier secured", you mean the phone is (a) MFG and (b) carrier secured as they promise to release update of patch holes every time in when google push out update? like it described here? (1) MFG implemented on the handset level, and notify to the carrier (2) the carrier pushout the update - if it has trace-ability and capable to blocking any phone that is NOT updated (user choose not to for what ever the reason, like someone here not want to update to 10.3.3 for example)?
    Why iPhones Are More Secure Than Android Phones
    12-23-16 09:37 AM
    And what does Vertu have to do with secure smartphones? As far as I remember they have some sort of agreement with Silent Circle, to pre-load their apps.

Still Vertu is a standard Android phone working with standard cellular networks and therefore at risk of being tapped/tracked exactly like every other phone connected to cellular networks, using networks vulnerabilities.
    I'm not saying Vertu is a secure phone, I'm only saying that it's a clear knock off in terms of design, so I personally would take their security claims with a huge grain of salt since they couldn't even come up with their own phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 12:34 PM
    I'm not saying Vertu is a secure phone, I'm only saying that it's a clear knock off in terms of design, so I personally would take their security claims with a huge grain of salt since they couldn't even come up with their own phone.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. There is a lot of confusion with the strategies of those brands.

Sririn Labs makes a $16,000 phone to compete a bit with Vertu, a bit with Silent Circle and a bit with Apple. Silent Circle makes a phone, but then it gets in trouble with the actual manufacturer. I remember of the Turing phone still playing in between Apple, Samsung and a Turing machine.

At least Vertu has been the luxury brand for several years now.

But to make everyone happy, i just heard of an Apple iPhone 7 gold plated, with diamonds and the effigy of Donald Trump on its back.

What can I say, I am sure someone will buy it.
    12-23-16 12:44 PM