Not sure what phone I want but my contract is up in Aug and the Bold is anywhere from Aug-Sept and Torch is Q3. When I consider buying the current model bold or torch, I hear my future self screaming at me. I really want one of the new phones so what do I do? Do I just go phoneless for a while?? Can a human survive without having a phone :P

I'm a Canadian (Ontario) who currently with Rogers.
    05-12-11 10:21 PM
    You can keep your phone you know that right?
    I mean you don't terminate the service, You just wait.
    My Upgrade is due now for a week. I'm waiting for a launch day 9930.
    05-12-11 10:23 PM
    oh goodie... another thread about which new device to buy....

If your contract is up in august would be a better time to decide.. personally i'd wait for the torch 2, or the bold 9900....

i will assume that by "going phoneless" your current device is broken, lost, or stolen? if that's the case, i would pick up a cheap replacement until the new devices are released...
    05-12-11 10:26 PM
    So Rogers lets you continue the phone contract even though its expired?
    05-12-11 10:27 PM
    and no... held onto it for 3 years. This is not about which phone is better, my main concern is the gap between my contract being up (I'm done my contract. This is not an upgrade. I Have not lost/broken my phone) and when the new bold/torch coming out.

How can you misconstrue "contract is up"?
    Last edited by Waff1es; 05-12-11 at 10:31 PM.
    05-12-11 10:29 PM
    So Rogers lets you continue the phone contract even though its expired?
    They sure do... You keep your phone, and your monthly plan will switch to a month to month basis... Trpically upgrades are given to re-sign another contract. Keep your phone until the new devices come out, then resign your contract to get them at a better deal...

Where in ontario are you if I may ask?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 10:30 PM
    I'm in Waterloo for work, Guelph for school, and Pickering for off time. So I would consider myself living in Guelph most of my time.
    05-12-11 10:34 PM
    I would go for the touch Bold... I can not wait for this to come out.
    05-12-11 10:35 PM
    Cool. I'm in ottawa. I renewed my telus contract @ future shop. Got great service, got a better dean on the phone than telus was offering, and the salesman tweaked my plan to give me more features for less $$$

After your contract has "expired", when you are ready to get a new device, head to future shop, or a rogers store... You can get whetever device you like, and will get the same deal as anyone else would (usually something like $99 on a 3 year term, $199 on a 2 year term, etc...). You can always dial 611 from your phone, and see what offers / "upgrades" are available ATM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 10:39 PM
    Well I was assuming that I would get the same bonuses everyone else would get, I just wanted some input about the gap of time between phones. Your previous post gave me an idea of what to do. Thanks.
    05-12-11 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD