Verizon's due to get the Storm 2 as early as next week, as well as the Bold 9700. Their HSPA+ network is due out next week I think and they're planning on launching those phones with the official release of the network. The Curve 8530 should also be in the lineup by the holiday season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    whoa...i seriously hope all that was sarcasm
    10-26-09 04:02 PM
    Verizon's due to get the Storm 2 as early as next week, as well as the Bold 9700. Their HSPA+ network is due out next week I think and they're planning on launching those phones with the official release of the network. The Curve 8530 should also be in the lineup by the holiday season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Storm2 announced. Due this Wednesday, the 28th.
    Bold 9700 is GSM only, not coming to Verizon any time soon.
    HSPA+ not coming out on Verizon. LTE is their next major network protocol, and that won't be fully capable of replacing their current network for several years.

Seriously, where are you getting your information?

Edit: never mind, I see your username. That explains it.
    10-26-09 04:18 PM
    Storm2 announced. Due this Wednesday, the 28th.
    Bold 9700 is GSM only, not coming to Verizon any time soon.
    HSPA+ not coming out on Verizon. LTE is their next major network protocol, and that won't be fully capable of replacing their current network for several years.

Seriously, where are you getting your information?

Edit: never mind, I see your username. That explains it.
    I deal with Telus in Canada, a company that has a Blackberry lineup identical to that of Verizon. The Bold 9700 is an HSPA+ device, not strictly GSM, and is going to be released on Telus' HSPA+ network in the next couple of weeks. Telus is making the same steps to LTE tech that Verizon is, and HSPA+ is the 3.5G technology that AT&T (Rogers in Canada) already have in place. 4G tech is due out in limited areas sometime next spring, but 3.5G is going to be put in place first. Telus is also getting the iPhone 3GS, which is another HSPA+ phone, and rumour has it that Verizon will have it before christmas too. Do a little research and don't blast someone when you don't have all the info - feel free to check up on my facts, but they're sound.

Edit: By the way, here's a link to the spec page for the Bold 9700, and if you take a few seconds to scroll down, it clearly states the phone as being HSDPA-compatible. Again, that is the 'stepping stone' CDMA companies are using to move from 3G to 4G. Next time, avoid the unnecessary trash talk and like I said, double-check your facts before openly questioning a post.
    Last edited by lieman; 10-27-09 at 12:18 PM.
    10-27-09 12:13 PM
    I deal with Telus in Canada, a company that has a Blackberry lineup identical to that of Verizon. The Bold 9700 is an HSPA+ device, not strictly GSM, and is going to be released on Telus' HSPA+ network in the next couple of weeks. Telus is making the same steps to LTE tech that Verizon is, and HSPA+ is the 3.5G technology that AT&T (Rogers in Canada) already have in place. 4G tech is due out in limited areas sometime next spring, but 3.5G is going to be put in place first. Telus is also getting the iPhone 3GS, which is another HSPA+ phone, and rumour has it that Verizon will have it before christmas too. Do a little research and don't blast someone when you don't have all the info - feel free to check up on my facts, but they're sound.

Edit: By the way, here's a link to the spec page for the Bold 9700, and if you take a few seconds to scroll down, it clearly states the phone as being HSDPA-compatible. Again, that is the 'stepping stone' CDMA companies are using to move from 3G to 4G. Next time, avoid the unnecessary trash talk and like I said, double-check your facts before openly questioning a post.
    Telus is not Verizon. What he said about Verizon was accurate. You should do some fact checking on Verizon.
    10-27-09 01:13 PM

Clearly Telus is NOT the same as VZW. VZW will not have HSDPA+. Why spend money on the stepping stone to LTE, when they're already building the LTE network? VZW is NOT getting the iPhone by Christmas. AT&T is not HSDPA+, as you stated, it's HSDPA. 3G dude.

Oh, and when I said the 9700 is GSM only, I wasn't clear. What I really meant was that the 9700 does NOT work on Verizon's network (CDMA) and there will most likely never be a Verizon Bold.

So, to sum up your original post, the storm2 is tomorrow, the 9700 will NOT be coming to vzw, there is no hsdpa+ network in the works for Verizon. Not even sure if the Curve will be out by the holidays, but since you said it, it's probably a LIE, Lieman.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 10-27-09 at 02:11 PM.
    10-27-09 02:04 PM
    Clearly Telus is NOT the same as VZW. VZW will not have HSDPA+. Why spend money on the stepping stone to LTE, when they're already building the LTE network? VZW is NOT getting the iPhone by Christmas. AT&T is not HSDPA+, as you stated, it's HSDPA. 3G dude.

Oh, and when I said the 9700 is GSM only, I wasn't clear. What I really meant was that the 9700 does NOT work on Verizon's network (CDMA) and there will most likely never be a Verizon Bold.

So, to sum up your original post, the storm2 is tomorrow, the 9700 will NOT be coming to vzw, there is no hsdpa+ network in the works for Verizon. Not even sure if the Curve will be out by the holidays, but since you said it, it's probably a LIE, Lieman.
    Sorry barban7 and kjjb0204 for the confusion, you're both right in saying I should have checked VZW specifically for these facts, and apparently I was in the wrong for not doing so. My reasoning for assuming Verizon would be getting these same devices is because, in the past, every BB to appear on the Verizon network has been picked up shortly thereafter by Telus (and Bell) in Canada, and in my experience I've found it more than reliable to depend on rumours of upcoming VZW BBs for info regarding when the same devices will be appearing in Canada. My understanding of the situation there is that in many cases, for (in this case) RIM to consider making a phone for the CDMA network that VZW and Telus share, VZW usually puts in the initial bid to lock down the development, which it can do considering it has a substantially larger customer base than all the Canadian companies combined, and then the likes of Telus will follow suit.
    Telus and Bell are launching an HSPA+ network on November 5th that will feature the Bold 9700. Again barban7 you're right in saying it isn't a CDMA phone, but, like I said I figured it only made sense that Verizon would, at the very least follow Telus and Bell in creating this network.
    Also, HSDPA is part of the HSPA family of networks, there is no such thing as HSDPA+ (it's HSPA+), and HSPA+ uses the same base technology as LTE (MIMO), so in fact saying Verizon is building an LTE network at all contradicts your point, considering like I said it's the same base technology, which also means it would make perfect sense for Verizon or any CDMA carrier for that matter to use an HSPA+ network as a stepping stone towards an LTE network.
    Again, sorry for jumping to conclusions, but there's my reasoning and you're welcome to take it however you like.
    By the way kjjb0204, if you check the CB home page, a few hours before your most recent post there was a banner put up clearly displaying the 'Curve2' in the Verizon holiday advertisement.
    10-27-09 05:00 PM
    the storm 2 comes out tomorrow and the curve 2 comes out at the end of november
    10-27-09 06:19 PM
    Storm2 is releasing tomorrow & curve2 (8530) will be released in time for black friday allegedly
    10-27-09 06:41 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD