Can anyone confirm that VZW is bringing out new BB's before the end of the year? This would be in addition to the new tour they have already brought out. Thanks in advance!
    10-06-09 05:48 PM
    The Storm 2, and possible Curve 2.

After that, probably the next Tour with Wifi the following year.
    Last edited by kkwan77; 10-06-09 at 06:01 PM.
    10-06-09 05:53 PM
    Details on Verizon's Holiday Phone Lineup - Verizon - Gizmodo

Just saw this on Giz. Take it with a grain of salt.
    10-06-09 06:30 PM
    Details on Verizon's Holiday Phone Lineup - Verizon - Gizmodo

Just saw this on Giz. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Puts the 10/25/09 expected release date for the S2 up in the air I guess.
    10-06-09 06:33 PM
    it states before black fri. On the bbs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 06:49 PM
    I love this site...Thanks for the info everyone. Love live Crackberry addicts!
    10-18-09 02:12 PM
    A Curve 2??? Wow, if it is bad*** enough, I just might make that jump to Verizon. Sprint is almost on my last nerve these days!!!
    10-19-09 03:42 PM
    Come to the dark side...LoL...Verizon is pretty good. I was on AT&T for almost 8 years. They always had good phone but the service was really starting suck out.

I have never looked back since on Verizon. I travel globally and the service is solid and their agreements with overseas carriers are reasonable so the cost is not to bad. They seem to be behind the curve on phones but great service. I wish they would bring the Essex out this year I really need a replacement to my 8830 World Edition.
    10-19-09 05:05 PM
    isn't storm 2 due out in late nov?
    10-19-09 05:39 PM
    isn't storm 2 due out in late nov?
    Don't be surprised if you see Storm2 out before the end of this month, if not this week.
    10-19-09 06:05 PM
    Storm 2 is out now is it not?
    10-19-09 06:09 PM
    Not on Verizon, officially.
    10-20-09 07:30 AM
    curve 2! i hope so!
    10-25-09 03:50 PM
    Storm 2 - Reported release date of 10/28/09

Curve 2 / Curve 8530 - Rumored release prior to the end of this year

Essex - Rumored Q1 or Q2 of 2010
    10-25-09 04:34 PM
    ohhh new curve awesome
    10-25-09 05:53 PM
    ohhh new curve awesome
    Track pad and wifi
    10-25-09 06:18 PM
    wtf..

correct me if I'm wrong but..

curve = 82xx
    curve 2 = 8900
    curve "3" = 85xx

wtf?
    10-25-09 08:51 PM
    wtf..

curve = 82xx
    curve 2 = 8900
    curve "3" = 85xx

wtf?
    The Curve 2 is a potential name for the 8530 on Verizon (second Curve on the network, ie Curve 2). We are talking carrier specific, not the entire Curve family.
    10-25-09 09:07 PM
    wtf..

curve = 82xx
    curve 2 = 8900
    curve "3" = 85xx

wtf?
    seems like "curve 2" is just a name us addicts come up with. i've been waiting for a curve upgrade for ages and i guess i expected too much. coming from a 8330 on verizon, i'm about to bite the bullet and go with the tour. i'd love to have the trackpad but it doesn't seem like the 8530 will make many improvements on the 8330 other than that...and i personally have never minded the trackball.

not that many people care but here's what i'd like to see as an improvement on the 8330 (most of this the tour has):

faster processor
    more internal memory
    external access to memory card (not behind battery PLEASE)
    crisper screen
    camera 3-4 MP minimum
    less cheap feeling battery cover
    better/faster web browsing
    no dust-collecting hole surrounding camera lens
    software that includes obvious features that are currently excluded (auto-standby, vibrate+ring etc)

am i crazy for wanting these things? curve is a great phone but like any product, there is tons of room for improvement.

am i going to be happy with the tour or should i wait for something that is an even better upgrade from the 8330?
    10-25-09 09:08 PM
    Depends what you are looking for and how you intend to use the device. The Curve is an entry level, consumer targeted device. The Tour is aimed at business users/enterprise and has world-wide roaming capabilities.
    10-25-09 09:28 PM
    Depends what you are looking for and how you intend to use the device. The Curve is an entry level, consumer targeted device. The Tour is aimed at business users/enterprise and has world-wide roaming capabilities.
    only recently have i realized that the curve is so consumer-centric (mostly via the posts on this forum). i used my bb for 70% business: emails, spot-viewing pdfs/faxes, googling simple information, listening to email-based vm's and of course making calls (lots via google voice lately!).

i realize a SIM-capable device would technically be more business-y, but i have been extremely happy with my Curve for the most part...and sadly i never travel internationally for business.

maybe i'm not looking at the situation correctly but what makes the Tour so much more 'professional' than the Curve? They run very similar software and do essentially the same things in the same manner...right?

sidenote: the few times i've played around with a model and friends 8830 world edition (the predecessor to the tour), i have been extremely UNDER-impressed. give me the curve anyday over this rickety piece of junk.
    10-25-09 09:40 PM
    I'd love the new Curve 8530 but...why would they take away the camera flash which was on the 8330? Isn't this supposed to be a step up?

I hope I can get the lavender phone. Tres stylish.
    10-26-09 09:33 AM
    I'd love the new Curve 8530 but...why would they take away the camera flash which was on the 8330? Isn't this supposed to be a step up?

I hope I can get the lavender phone. Tres stylish.
    that is a strange one but here's where i can see it making sense:

the 8330 flash only traveled about 3-4 feet tops, and all flashes are a major battery drain. maybe blackberry felt that they're better off not including something unless they can "get it right" so-to-speak?

this being said, i'll take a half-functional flash over none at all.
    10-26-09 10:06 AM
    Come to the dark side...LoL...Verizon is pretty good. I was on AT&T for almost 8 years. They always had good phone but the service was really starting suck out.

I have never looked back since on Verizon. I travel globally and the service is solid and their agreements with overseas carriers are reasonable so the cost is not to bad. They seem to be behind the curve on phones but great service. I wish they would bring the Essex out this year I really need a replacement to my 8830 World Edition.
    That is what I am waiting on. My 8830 gets so flaky when I add apps on it. The Essex sounds perfect for me. Getting rid of the trackball, mine has been replaced twice in just under 2 years, will be nice. Addinf WiFi will be awesome!
    10-26-09 01:36 PM
    Can anyone confirm that VZW is bringing out new BB's before the end of the year? This would be in addition to the new tour they have already brought out. Thanks in advance!
    Verizon's due to get the Storm 2 as early as next week, as well as the Bold 9700. Their HSPA+ network is due out next week I think and they're planning on launching those phones with the official release of the network. The Curve 8530 should also be in the lineup by the holiday season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 03:47 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD