I understand that there are several threads, and topics with the same beginning and the same stereotypical idea over and over, and this could be OLD news.. but im just going to share what I was informed of when I went.. Yes.. To a Verizon store... (lol)

I went to go replace my Tours trackball, which they gave me a brand new one out of the box (Nice.) And the Rep went on to say how that the New Berry s are delayed and are planned to come out November 28th along with the OS 5.0.

Now, I'm not trying to spread rumors or trying to say this is 100% true valid information, but she was quite confident when she said it. The weird thing was I didn't even ask her about the new Blackberry's, it just came into the conversation while talking about the Trackball. She owned a tour also so im sure she is enthusiastic about his as we all are.

Sorry to have bothered anyone by posting this, but I just had to share my experience.
    Last edited by darkkhorse; 10-25-09 at 07:22 PM.
    10-25-09 07:03 PM
    I will have to agree 100% because the Storm2 isn't coming out until black friday the 27th. I can back this up aswell. My company owns 2 of the 3 strictly blackberry stores in the world!
    10-25-09 07:35 PM
    The more I compare dates, the more this makes sense.
    10-25-09 07:47 PM
    and where might that be your and whats your company name cause i work in a all blackberry store and 2 of the stores are in atlanta and i work in 1 of those stores and blackberry corp came down from and held a training class and we discussed a different date
    10-25-09 07:56 PM
    And what date did you discuss?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 08:29 PM
    and where might that be your and whats your company name cause i work in a all blackberry store and 2 of the stores are in atlanta and i work in 1 of those stores and blackberry corp came down from and held a training class and we discussed a different date
    and I Own a Blackberry store.....looks like we are all here! LOL
    10-25-09 11:49 PM
    And what date did you discuss?
    I think he'd want to keep that date secret unless he's itching for a date with the unemployment office.
    10-26-09 01:32 AM
    Storm 1, just got released so I highly doubt that it will be a Nov 28 or so...
    10-26-09 08:00 AM
    oh really where might your store be loacted at but im not trying to be funny but we are only official blackberry stores in the confirmed by blackberry themselves
    10-26-09 11:17 AM
    Storm 1, just got released so I highly doubt that it will be a Nov 28 or so...
    I would have to agree with you, now the storm 2 is out it seems ill-logical for anything else to come out as late as nov 28th. However I don't see how she made that date up, and I don't see why she would be informing customers false information even though I've heard of cases where Verizon reps were wrong, it just doesn't make sense this time.

10-26-09 12:33 PM
    The Storm 2 9520 is already out and it has 5.0 on it, the Storm 2 9550 is coming out wednesday also with 5.0. The Bold 2 9700 is coming mid Nov with 5.0 AND last night 5.0 came out for the Storm 1 9530.

Maybe the VZW rep meant 10/28, the announced release date of the Storm 2 9550, BUT the 5.0 OS came out last night 10pm ET for the Storm 9530.
    10-26-09 12:46 PM
    This thread got off topic I can careless about your stores because none of you are giving any information I don't already know.

OS 5 is already being released & both the storm2 & curve 2 (8530) are being released prior to & FOR black friday sales.

The End
    10-27-09 07:11 PM
    Storm 2 launches Oct 28th and the OS 5.0 was available thru Verizon yesterday. I already have it loaded on my device.
    10-27-09 10:19 PM
    The original post was referring to the OS 5.0 for the Tour not the Storm or Storm 2. Can anyone provide or confirm the dates the original text stated for the TOUR please? Also to harleygirl98 where did you go on Verizon to get the OS for your storm...this way I know where to look when its available for my Tour
    10-27-09 11:20 PM
    However I don't see how she made that date up, and I don't see why she would be informing customers false information even though I've heard of cases where Verizon reps were wrong, it just doesn't make sense this time.
    Anything you hear from VZW CS is probably wrong, from ignorance or, on rare occasions, a deliberate lie. It didn't used to be that way but about June of this year when the Alltel merger was supposed to be completed CS changed and not for the better. My own personal experience was that around June was when VZW's CS went completely to pot.

In my own case they cost me so much with their misinformation and lies that I left the company in disgust only to come back again when I realized lying to customers is what CS does, makes no difference what company.

At least now I don't have a contract, I can leave whenever I want.

BACK ON TOPIC: As of right now, October 27, 2009, 9:45pm Arizona Time there is no OS 5 for the 8330.
    Last edited by xs11e; 10-27-09 at 11:46 PM.
    10-27-09 11:43 PM
    i will have to agree 100% because the storm2 isn't coming out until black friday the 27th. I can back this up aswell. My company owns 2 of the 3 strictly blackberry stores in the world!
    how much bs is this comment.
    10-27-09 11:49 PM
    I think it's fair to say that *314 is the best beta version so far that has been erm... *leaked* - apart from it's annoying reboots - it's a good OS and extremely fast.

I too am confident that the new OS will be released around the time that the BOLD 9700 is released - but that would leave only a month or two for the guys at RIM to fix the little bugs in the latest BETA release - is it going to be enough time though?

We shall see!

For the time being we can only speculate - but it's fair to say that we can expect a whole new BlackBerry experience pretty soon
    10-28-09 05:02 AM
    I understand that there are several threads, and topics with the same beginning and the same stereotypical idea over and over, and this could be OLD news.. but im just going to share what I was informed of when I went.. Yes.. To a Verizon store... (lol)

I went to go replace my Tours trackball, which they gave me a brand new one out of the box (Nice.) And the Rep went on to say how that the New Berry s are delayed and are planned to come out November 28th along with the OS 5.0.

Now, I'm not trying to spread rumors or trying to say this is 100% true valid information, but she was quite confident when she said it. The weird thing was I didn't even ask her about the new Blackberry's, it just came into the conversation while talking about the Trackball. She owned a tour also so im sure she is enthusiastic about his as we all are.

Sorry to have bothered anyone by posting this, but I just had to share my experience.
    She had her dates mixed up. She was referring to the S2 launching today.

10-28-09 05:16 AM
    Well I own 10 of the 3 blackberry stores AND I already have the official 5.0 on my tour.

I also sell developed lots on the moon.

Sorry, just couldn't resist ;D

10-28-09 06:30 AM
    Some people really need to develop some patience and stop planning their lives around a new OS or new device.
    10-28-09 07:05 AM
    Some people really need to develop some patience and stop planning their lives around a new OS or new device.
    No kidding! Aren't there bigger things to worry about?
    10-28-09 07:26 AM
    Oh yeah well my tour has wifi and my second phone is a CDMA iPhone
    10-28-09 10:33 AM
    I bet its gonna be release in the year of 2315
    10-28-09 06:21 PM
    It hits when it hits. Guessing is just tiresome...
    10-28-09 08:47 PM
    I was in a verizon store and they told me that on 11/1 that verizon will push out Storm 2 software to storm 1 owners. Then you just have to download it and replace old version software to new os05.. Anyone confirm this yet?
    10-28-09 11:41 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD