Seems sketchy but would be nice
    02-13-11 08:29 PM
    Argh, can people stop trying to make out that a device showing a stock wallpaper in a picture is a clue to anything, sometimes a wallpaper is just a wallpaper.
    02-14-11 07:01 AM
    Argh, can people stop trying to make out that a device showing a stock wallpaper in a picture is a clue to anything, sometimes a wallpaper is just a wallpaper.
    And sometimes a clue is a clue.
    02-14-11 08:26 AM
    I just watched the tour of the BB displays at MWC, and it does not look good for any new devices being shown IMO. I really hope I'm wrong. I would love to see the Bold Touch (or whatever it's called) in action.

If we don't see anything in Spain, then BBW is May 3rd. Which means that we may not see anything until summer, which is a bummer. It just always seems to be the same old story - waiting.... waiting.... waiting.... though, the wait, I think, will be actually worth it this time.

Every time I think about upgrading my Curve now, I sing "just keep swimming, just keep swimming...."

C'mon MAN! Let's see one of these bad boys now! Arrrrrraaaahhhhaaghghgh!
    02-14-11 10:02 AM
    ^ Hate to break it to you..but that's what has been said already. No new devices till summertime. Of course..everybody gets excited and gets speculating and "hoping" that somehow RIM is going to magically drop a new phone out of nowhere ahead of everyone's expectation..only to be let down when it doesnt materialize.

Your best hope is a release date given at BBW in May for a perhaps June/July drop. Hope you brought your snorkel..
    02-14-11 10:09 AM
    Waiting till May seems most likely at this point. It also seems like a mistake.

I think the general public and most IT purchasers alike will not be aware of their existence until following MWC. RIM's gamble that BB users may not buy a new BB b/c they will wait for the new devices, vs. BB users and IT purchasers that will abandon the platform in the interim, seems very risky. Of course, if I knew how to run a billion dollar company.........I would be, and I don't.
    02-14-11 10:21 AM
    you can't announce new hardware in 15 minutes

you need 2-5 minutes to build the hype in a presentation, you need a full minute just for a slide showing the device, and then you need to break down the device why it's great, what new you've done, blah blah blah, can't be done in less than 30 minutes for a press launch, and for more than 3 devices you'd need like 45-60 minutes.
    you could announce the release date and price of a product....
    02-14-11 10:31 AM
    you could announce the release date and price of a product....
    Not sure how that would go..

"Oh and by the way..we will be releasing <insert name here> in <insert date here> but I don't really have the time to go into specifics with the phone at this time so hopefully you understand. We'll have more info come BBW in May..so please continue holding your breath..mmmkay?"
    02-14-11 11:25 AM
    Not sure how that would go..

"Oh and by the way..we will be releasing <insert name here> in <insert date here> but I don't really have the time to go into specifics with the phone at this time so hopefully you understand. We'll have more info come BBW in May..so please continue holding your breath..mmmkay?"
    was talking about the playbook :P
    02-14-11 11:44 AM
    Did you not read my last post? I was basically denying that "clue".

It's not looking good for a new device. Playbook news is good though. May isn't THAT far away I guess.
    02-14-11 11:59 AM
    Last January, i thought MWC wasn't THAT far away and then I thought, WES wasn't THAT far away. Then there was Dev Con, which wasn't THAT far away and we saw PlayBook but no major device upgrade, especially for us Verizon users. Then we figured, CES 2011 wasn't THAT far away. It's a perpetual cycle of waiting for the next event, lol.
    02-14-11 12:06 PM
    I guess if you can't wait and or are up for a contract renewal and can't wait again, then there is always something else out there to fill in a void...sometimes change is good, sometimes it isn't...but you won't know unless you try.

I can wait...be nice for more info on these devices, but so be it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 10:05 PM
    Yeah that's how I feel. I'm basing everything on BB World. If I don't see anything I like there it's time to move on. My 9550 is getting old.

Yeah Mahen you make a good point. More waiting!...the usual
    02-15-11 10:49 PM
    Yes the waiting game is getting very old. AT&T was the only company to get something substantial from RIM in the past year that wasn't some lame refresh (torch). I have till summer when I'm going to switch from Sprint to either T-Mobile or AT&T because Sprint has came up with so many new fees and add-ons this year and I do enough International travel where I'm tired of only having a single Blackberry to choose from. I would prefer T-Mobile because I don't like AT&T, they have pricing inline with Sprints family plans, their HSPA+ network is faster, and I like the plan that they laid out for the next few years. I'm hoping that both the Bold Touch and Monza go to T-Mobile and support HSPA+ 21. That said, it would be nice if they would announce the new phones officially.
    02-16-11 06:20 AM
    Waiting game is old but I'm hoping there will be a flurry of new announcements from RIM shortly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 06:24 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD