Hi all
    I am a new user to Blackberry; have been a use of iPhone for long time.
    I got my torch 3 days ago and did not have the time to get a data contract with Orange to configure my email settings, however, when I activated the phone using my Orange sim, the browser automatically hooked to all Orange settings, WAP and so on, I could not figure out how.

I have configured my wifi setting it is saved and logs in quite normal. However, I have noticed that my browser, it opens and drags data from Orange World and not my wifi. I checked my mobile settings and switched off the data option, instantly I had no access to internet

My services status reads as follows:
    status available
    connection Mobile network
    Blackberry Internet services & Enterprise server : not connected

Wi-Fi network
    Active profile & SSID
    Type : not connected, not the data option is switched off. When on, it reads, 802.11b/g/n

However, the wifi is connected to my router. When I switch on the data option, internet is accessible, however, I have no idea from which source the browser is pulling data; Orange WAP setting or wifi.

Can anyone help

Thanks folks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 03:14 AM
    If you switch off data, it also switched off the wifi. As long as you have the WiFi logo, it should be running through wifi. It would only turn into a solid white if you are connected to BES or BIS, which I assume you're not. Best if you contact Orange and see if you have been using data through them. If not, wifi is working perfectly fine.
    12-19-10 03:54 AM
    Thanks for your info. Will check with Orange
    Another question. My bb used BES for email; is there a way to overrule BES or it is a MUST to have data package?

Also, noticed that my browser is linked to Orange WAP; is there a way to free it or download another browser?

Thanks
    12-19-10 06:21 AM
    hi, im with orange and all i did was change the default home page on the browser to google.... open browser hit the bberry key / options / and set home page.

not sure if thats what your wanting to do but it might help
    12-19-10 06:29 AM
    hang on reread that post of yours lol....have you got it set to wifi preferred ??....

options / network connections/ mobile network / connection preference....... set it to wifi prefrerred....thats how mines set and connects as soon as im in range etc.......
    12-19-10 06:37 AM
    hang on reread that post of yours lol....have you got it set to wifi preferred ??....

options / network connections/ mobile network / connection preference....... set it to wifi prefrerred....thats how mines set and connects as soon as im in range etc.......
    It is set to wifi, actually 2 wifis and phone connects as soon as it is in range; I doubt it is the wifi connection.
    Also, in the option of mobile network, I do not have connection preference; I suppose there is must be a difference between your Bold9700 and Torch. I looked it up again to see if there is any option about 'preferred connection'; there is none.

That how I am not from where the internet is pulling data; from Orange or my wifi.
    Thanks
    12-19-10 06:55 AM
    im using a torch too just too lazy to update my profile from the bold......
    12-19-10 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD