Hi Everyone,

My BF has been travelling and using WiFi wherever he is to send me emails. He is now in London England and I am in Canada. Ive noticed for example, that when I look at my email before I open it up, it says I recieved the email at 9:34am. However once i open the email, under the subject line, the date it was sent and the time being 7:12 am. what is happening here?..are his messages just getting caught up somewhere?...Im so confused about this. When I read the messages that I send him, the two times are the same. help!
    02-07-12 12:30 PM
    No, the date and time you see when the email is open is the local time the email was sent, the time you see beside the email in messages folder is the time you received it at.
    02-07-12 12:51 PM
    So he may have sent it at 7 but for some reason im not recieving it until 9?..so somewhere its getting caught up for a couple hours before I recieve it?
    02-07-12 12:56 PM
    He may be composing and sending his messages to you while out of WiFi coverage. So his timestamp is when he pressed Send on his BB. However, the message doesn't actually start moving until he gets back into WiFi coverage, hence the delay between when he "sends" and the timestamp of when it shows up on your device.
    02-07-12 12:59 PM
    My hotmail e-mails are pretty much instantly pushed to my phone, but my @shaw.ca ones are sometimes 20-30 minutes behind. There are delays for some reason, carrier/BB/e-mail service you're using/Internet provider. I don't know, but there are, yours seem a little extreme, maybe it's the london internetz being bad?
    Kellym2011 likes this.
    02-07-12 03:04 PM
    Hey JWN,

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess things are just getting held up somewhere along the line.
    JWN im in Nanaimo. We're neighbours. lol.
    Thanks for the help again everyone.

Cheers
    02-07-12 05:06 PM
    Are you taking the time difference into consideration?
    02-07-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD