Crucial....any word on if VZW will be getting this or is it just for Sprint?
    A Sprint exclusive?? Nope.
    09-01-09 09:38 AM
    Why do I feel that your smiley is laughing?
    09-01-09 09:41 AM
    Thanks for the response. I know it was a stupid question but I just wanted to be sure. Cant wait to get this on Verizon.
    09-01-09 09:43 AM
    Why do I feel that your smiley is laughing?
    Cause he is. Very very hard!
    09-01-09 09:44 AM
    sounds nice .. if it is released in nov/dec... maybe sprint will replace my tour with this new one.. being of all the trackball issues...

why doesnt sprint get a touchscreen BB .. storm2?
    09-01-09 10:18 AM
    no way this thing is released in nov/ dec

and even IF they did, no way they will replace a tour just because they came out with a newer version
    09-01-09 10:22 AM
    i want this, but i can't buy it for wifi and the trackpad alone.
    Sure you can. Just wait til' your trackball "locks-up".And it will. I love my 8330 but I'll never buy another trackball-equipped BB. It's the Essex,Driftwood, or Odin for me.
    Last edited by experiment626; 09-01-09 at 11:01 AM.
    09-01-09 10:25 AM
    cannot wait for this to come out...by the time it does, I will be eligible for my early upgrade...just hope I don't have to wait too long...was really looking into getting the Storm 2 but this phone looks like it's a winner...plus, I wanna take a break from touch screen phones for a little while
    09-01-09 10:40 AM
    Cool, by the time I move in with my girl in the States, this should be available. Sprint has been bugging her to ad an extra line for ages and her contract is due in feb 2010. I'm moving over in March, so we should be able to get a nice deal on this one, if they want to keep her/us as customers . Now if they finally release that pearl flip on Sprint, were both happy
    Last edited by Mistik1973; 09-01-09 at 10:48 AM.
    09-01-09 10:46 AM
    Sure you can. Just wait til' your trackball "locks-up".And it will. I love my 8330 but I'll never buy another trackball-equipped BB. It's the Essex,Driftwood, or Odin for me.
    it did, 15 minutes ago.
    09-01-09 11:21 AM
    what is the driftwood? any details have been dropped yet?
    09-01-09 11:28 AM
    what is the driftwood? any details have been dropped yet?
    It's T-Mobile's version of AT&T's 9700(Onyx,Merlin,Bold 2,whatever the h*** RIM calls it next.....) It will have T-Mobile's AWS 3G bands,WiFi,and perhaps UMA.There's a Thread w/pic of it here in this Sub Forum.
    09-01-09 12:03 PM
    nice. I want. Subscribing for more details/specs...
    09-01-09 12:59 PM
    Well, I cannot wait for this new device, as the Tour is a piece of crap. RIM should issue a recall because of the trackball. The Tour is just poor quality. All the more reason to get excited about this new device... as long as they actually QA it. Which, I am lacking faith in RIM after the Tour. We shall see. And I know this much, I will definately NOT order this new one on the day of release. I am glad to see the trackball go away, though I haven't played with the trackpad, so not sure how that will work.
    09-01-09 02:20 PM
    CrackBerry blog post finally up:

not my finest photoshop but does the job for a blog post

Yet Another Upcoming BlackBerry Smartphone: Codename Essex is Next Revision of Niagara (Tour) | CrackBerry.com
    Kevin,
    Would you be able to photoshop a video as well?
    09-01-09 03:50 PM
    This is something that I am definitely interested in.
    09-01-09 05:13 PM
    hmmmmmm wi-fi.........
    09-01-09 09:53 PM
    goddamn it... i still have a bit over a year on my 8900 contract.
    09-02-09 12:47 AM
    Kevin,
    Would you be able to photoshop a video as well?
    lol yeah in Videoshop
    09-02-09 11:02 AM
    I showed Essex Iowa properties earlier this summer.
    09-02-09 04:04 PM
    I went into my Sprint store today because my replacement Tour is having trackball issues. The tech tried telling me I should just wait until this comes out before replacing it. I asked him if I would be made eligible for another upgrade all of a sudden and he stared at me for a second and then ordered me another replacement.

Anyway, excited for the trackpad upgrade, although I still don't really care too much about wifi.
    09-03-09 07:09 PM
    I asked him if I would be made eligible for another upgrade all of a sudden and he stared at me for a second and then ordered me another replacement.
    Could you rephrase this sentence? I'm not really sure I understand what you're saying.
    09-04-09 04:35 PM
    Could you rephrase this sentence? I'm not really sure I understand what you're saying.
    Translation:

unbreakableblue: Hey, the trackball on my Tour stopped working again. I guess I need to order a replacement.

tech: You know, there's a new version of the Tour coming out that has that new trackpad thingy. And its going to have Wifi, too. If I were you, I would just wait till it comes out.

unbreakableblue: Wow. Good idea! I'm only a couple months into my contract, right now, but what you're telling me is; when this new Tour comes out, Sprint will make me eligible for an upgrade early?

tech: <silence>

unbreakableblue: Well?

tech: You're replacement Tour will be here in two days, sir. Sorry for the trouble. And forget what I just said about the new Tour coming out. I lied.
    09-06-09 07:54 AM
    that will PROBABLY be my next phone.
    09-06-09 08:02 AM
    Has anybody heard anything new on the Magnum? I did hear of one referred as the monster, which fits the description. Just no new details.
    09-06-09 08:04 AM
112 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD