For most of us, often, most of the web sites we visit are often too big to be displayed entirely on our screens so we often use pinch and zoom a lot if you have a touch screen. I don't know if this is new, but I just discovered that I am able to do the same thing pinch and zoom does but with my keyboard and trackpad. Just press alt+trackball (up to zoom in and down to zoom out)
    12-08-11 01:05 AM
    It's always been there and you can also press I to zoom in and O to zoom out
    recompile likes this.
    12-08-11 01:19 AM
    Its pretty old but thanks for the tip!
    12-08-11 04:22 AM
    Well it's the original way to do that..
    12-08-11 05:06 AM
    It has always been there
    I knew it from the manual of my former phone 9780 guess you don't read instructions
    12-08-11 05:50 AM
    It has always been there
    I knew it from the manual of my former phone 9780 guess you don't read instructions
    Who does these days? especially us iGenerationists.
    tyler_JC likes this.
    12-08-11 07:49 PM
    eGenerationist I meant
    12-08-11 08:08 PM
    For heavy CB addicts that's old news. thank any way.
    12-08-11 08:47 PM
    thanks for the tip. some of us still need to learn the tricks

edit:

posted from my 32 gb playbook
    12-08-11 08:54 PM
    For most of us, often, most of the web sites we visit are often too big to be displayed entirely on our screens so we often use pinch and zoom a lot if you have a touch screen. I don't know if this is new, but I just discovered that I am able to do the same thing pinch and zoom does but with my keyboard and trackpad. Just press alt+trackball (up to zoom in and down to zoom out)
    I think I prefer using the trackpad to magnify the page, because then it automatically adjusts the texts to fit, rather than scrolling side to side with the touch screen
    12-08-11 11:11 PM
    So does double tap on text.
    I'm finding that double tap works better for this purpose than the previous method of putting the (+) on text and pressing the trackpad. That method would often result in a partial zoom and would sometimes have to be repeated. And when repeated, it would sometimes zoom back out instead of zooming in and wrapping text.

One of the things I liked about Opera Mini is that you could move the "square" around, press the trackpad, and text would zoom to the desired size and wrap. It was easy and dependable. In OS 7, double tap is working just as well, so I'm not using Opera Mini much at all anymore. In fact, I may end up deleting it from the phone, since that was my main reason for keeping it around.
    12-09-11 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD