I Hope this is the Blackberry Dakota got finger crossed
    02-06-10 04:14 PM
    to make it easier...

still really doesn't show much proof of anything... could be some ransom screen with blackberry written on top... I say it's fake...
    02-06-10 04:26 PM
    to make it easier...

still really doesn't show much proof of anything... could be some ransom screen with blackberry written on top... I say it's fake...
    CX doesn't post fake stuff. The day crucial makes public something that isn't true I lose faith in humanity. Up is down, north is south, and blackberries are iPhones
    02-06-10 08:02 PM
    CX doesn't post fake stuff. The day crucial makes public something that isn't true I lose faith in humanity. Up is down, north is south, and blackberries are iPhones
    Agree!!!

I think it has a Pre form factor. The size of the screen seems to fit that style but then again they can come up with something completely new.
    02-06-10 08:14 PM
    Looks like the same screen, with two different phones as reference. It doesn't appear to be separate from the frame like the storm, so I think touch is out of the question. Is this a new breed with a large screen? I guess that it is a longer version of the format we are used to or something with a slide out keyboard... just guessing...
    Didn't you happen to notice the ribbon sticking off one end of the screen? That would be because it is a capacitive touch screen.

CX, nice shots, way to keep everyone guessing!
    02-06-10 11:42 PM
    to make it easier...

I say that you would be wrong.....only time will tell who is correct!
    02-06-10 11:44 PM
    its the slider in my mind.
    02-06-10 11:45 PM
    well if the other rumours are correct about the storm 3 that it is as thin as the iphone then this must be a slider then ?
    02-07-10 02:42 PM
    I Hope this is the Blackberry Dakota got finger crossed
    Crucial did say the Dakota is a gamechanger. He knows what he's talking about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 05:13 PM
    no way this is a slider-- this has to be the dakota.

-sliders are full touchscreen with a slide-out keyboard. this means the screen would be as large as the storm-- instead, it is smaller than the storm.
    -screen is larger than the bold, which means there is no room for a trackpad.
    -screen is a capacitive touchscreen.

add these together and the picture is pretty clear...
    02-10-10 11:03 AM
    That's either the Dakota, Talladega, or both.
    02-10-10 11:09 AM
    If it is not a slider, the kb would be really tiny and a turnoff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 08:01 PM
    no way this is a slider-- this has to be the dakota.

-sliders are full touchscreen with a slide-out keyboard. this means the screen would be as large as the storm-- instead, it is smaller than the storm.
    -screen is larger than the bold, which means there is no room for a trackpad.
    -screen is a capacitive touchscreen.

add these together and the picture is pretty clear...
    The screen could be cut off for the bb convenience keys like send, end, menu and back for a slider. Couldn't it be? Like how the Pre and Pixi have that bottom navigation area and how the pre has that exit button.
    02-10-10 08:51 PM
    If the first pic is of the Dakota Surepress screen, where is the keyboard going to fit? It would be an extremely long phone I would think.
    02-10-10 10:55 PM
    That's not a screen, that's just the digitizer...
    02-11-10 12:55 AM
    If you guys only knew how reliable CX's info is...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-11-10 02:30 AM
    If you guys only knew how reliable CX's info is...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I couldn't have said it better myself.....
    02-11-10 08:52 AM
    The screen could be cut off for the bb convenience keys like send, end, menu and back for a slider. Couldn't it be? Like how the Pre and Pixi have that bottom navigation area and how the pre has that exit button.
    Keyboard would fit below that screen if the send/end/BB/back keys are touch like the Storm2 has........just a thought....
    02-11-10 08:53 AM
    Very interesting looking I will say. CX does know his stuff! I followed him when the 9700 was coming out.
    Chris
    02-17-10 09:33 AM
    Nice screen... but tell me more of this convinience key lmao
    loooooooooool oooooh maaan convenience key?1?!??!?!?! mmmmmmmmmm
    02-17-10 09:37 AM
    If you read this article, the screen is going to be SurePress... Reuters - RIM Device Development Holds Promise
    this is what i like more of the article:

"RIM could also launch a hybrid device, with a clickable screen alongside a keyboard and an optical navigation pad, in the third quarter, he wrote."

great, thanks RIM for a touch-clickable screen + qwerty keyboard and trackpad.

d
    02-17-10 05:25 PM
    CX, Any new information on Dakota? Should I wait for it or go for a Bold 9700?
    03-11-10 02:08 PM
    Orjense, the dakota is supposed to be a GSM device.
    03-11-10 05:36 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD