I think that if Blackberry where to make a new Blackberry with QWERTY keyboard it would be a big success and they would sell a lot of cell phones and mostly toward the business people out there.
    I have my own blog and when I wrote a piece about Blackberry Passport it got a great impact on my blog. There was almost 400 people who read about that phone and normally I get maybe 13 persons who read my new posts. That's a big difference and it shows how big the interest for that kind of cell phone really is.
    What do you think? Am I right about that many consumers wants a cell phone with a great keyboard?
    10-31-16 08:43 AM
    I think they would sell SOME phones. Not Enough to make BB viable anymore tho. PKB phones are unfortunately not in much demand by today's consumers.
    10-31-16 08:56 AM
    I think they would sell SOME phones. Not Enough to make BB viable anymore tho. PKB phones are unfortunately not in much demand by today's consumers.
    My wife makes me watch kardashians. Kim K was rocking her BB last night for everyone to see. I think if BB had some better marketing, a PKB would make a come back!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-31-16 09:02 AM
    PKB would only make a comeback, IMO, if Apple suddenly decided it was cool.

The chances of that happening are slim and none, and slim left town.
    JeepBB, TGR1, jaydee5799 and 1 others like this.
    10-31-16 10:17 AM
    Have to agree with you on this. Truth is the decline of BlackBerry pkb phones clearly reflect how practically everyone has acclimated to vkb.

The good news is that BlackBerry vkb for me is one of the best is not the best vkb out there. I use the vkb on my Priv practically 99% of the time.

I'm writing this reply on my Priv pkb on those occasions when I crave a tactile fix and it still can't be beat on a visceral level, so yeah, I for one would be one of those hold outs that would buy a new BlackBerry pkb phone if ever they decide to release one again.
    10-31-16 10:18 AM
    PKBs aren't a big seller in the USA, but how do the do in other countries?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 10:47 AM
    Here in the USA the PKB devices are all but extinct, most of the folks I know who would have bought a PKB device have long since adapted to their all touch device and are not looking back.

I would be in line to buy the Mercury PKB device if and when it's ever released, but the determining factor would be the price.

I have been a long time Blackberry supporter and ambassador of the brand here in the USA, but it's been very difficult to continue this loyalty when the folks up there in Waterloo have abandoned the market and users here.
    10-31-16 11:14 AM
    This is very true. I love PKB devices which is why I am still rocking the Classic. But I realize at this point it is a very niche market that is unlikely to see any growth or expansion.

An Android PKB phone by BlackBerry could see some success among PKB faithful but I doubt enough interest to turn a profit. Partly because it wouldn't be able to use the well known Bold/Classic form factor. It has to be elongated and I'm not sure how many PKB fans would want that. The Priv didn't seem to steal a lot of PKB people away from their Bolds, Classics or Passports.
    10-31-16 11:21 AM
    Believe the PBK keyboard has been one of the great downfalls of BlackBerry. It was just left in the dust by the younger group who love tech.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 12:03 PM
    I think that if Blackberry where to make a new Blackberry with QWERTY keyboard it would be a big success and they would sell a lot of cell phones and mostly toward the business people out there.
    I have my own blog and when I wrote a piece about Blackberry Passport it got a great impact on my blog. There was almost 400 people who read about that phone and normally I get maybe 13 persons who read my new posts. That's a big difference and it shows how big the interest for that kind of cell phone really is.
    What do you think? Am I right about that many consumers wants a cell phone with a great keyboard?
    This topic has been discussed to great lengths in Crackberry. Aside from a very small vocal, group there is not much universal interest for a pkb bb phone.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-31-16 12:11 PM
    My wife makes me watch kardashians. Kim K was rocking her BB last night for everyone to see. I think if BB had some better marketing, a PKB would make a come back!
    kim k fans could not care less if she uses a bb. In fact Drake and some rappers uses bbs but you don't see their fans buying bb because of them.
    10-31-16 12:14 PM
    kim k fans could not care less if she uses a bb. In fact Drake and some rappers uses bbs but you don't see their fans buying bb because of them.
    Using BlackBerry and promoting them are different things.
    If I had to make a statement, I would put some KAWS cases, have pharell use BlackBerry, have kardashian take selfies in some major vmas or stuff, have bieber use his BlackBerry and put some snapchat features into BBM and give these folks BBM channels and so and so. Having them use these phones is not enough.
    10-31-16 01:01 PM
    I agree with Jaydee. Though I am a PKB fan but it has very few takers these days.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-31-16 01:19 PM
    Every PKB phones that has been released by BlackBerry.... was going to be the one that proved there was a market for PKB devices. Last year a flood of Android users and past BlackBerry users were expected to make the PRIV a huge success for BlackBerry. Maybe it was the price, maybe it was the build quality and issue, maybe it was the awkward slider form factor..... or maybe, just maybe, it was that people don't really see a need for a PKB when they have a VKB that is just as fast to type on.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-31-16 01:29 PM
    One of the reasons why it has few takers is marketing in my opinion
    People today do not want a PKB at the expense of missing out on any of the other features
    Mercury could be that phone
    But people would need to know that it has a keyboard, runs all the apps, has very good cameras. Which can only be achieved through marketing. But isn't going to happen.
    But I feel the mercury could have a better chance overall than the classic (dated specs), passport (PKB fans wanted the full 4 row keyboard) and the Priv (the keyboard is just bad when compared to other BlackBerrys)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-31-16 01:32 PM
    Here in the USA the PKB devices are all but extinct, most of the folks I know who would have bought a PKB device have long since adapted to their all touch device and are not looking back.

I would be in line to buy the Mercury PKB device if and when it's ever released, but the determining factor would be the price.

I have been a long time Blackberry supporter and ambassador of the brand here in the USA, but it's been very difficult to continue this loyalty when the folks up there in Waterloo have abandoned the market and users here.
    Very rightly said Ronald. Agree with you . I am though a big fan of BlackBerry but now here in UAE the device is almost extinct. Once upon a time BlackBerry 10 had good following here but looks like all over . The pricing and overall package will be the deciding factor IMHO if BlackBerry has to survive here.
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-31-16 01:38 PM
    I truly don't get people's logic on crackberry. If a PKB device would be a success, then where was all that success when the Q10 was released? The Passport? The Classic???

It "might" appeal a tad more due to having Android, but it's still a very limited market

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 01:47 PM
    Quick reminder that BlackBerry phones are the only decent ones with Physical Keyboards these days. There isn't that much demand, but doesn't really matter because those of us who want them will get the physical keyboard phone and they have a monopoly on that market. I agree that if they released a PKB phone it'd do great. They have one coming soon, too. February 2017 at the latest.
    10-31-16 02:11 PM
    Well, I for one am still interested.
    They'll be putting me out to pasture soon, I know.
    10-31-16 02:13 PM
    Using BlackBerry and promoting them are different things.
    If I had to make a statement, I would put some KAWS cases, have pharell use BlackBerry, have kardashian take selfies in some major vmas or stuff, have bieber use his BlackBerry and put some snapchat features into BBM and give these folks BBM channels and so and so. Having them use these phones is not enough.
    How much would you budget for these campaigns?
    10-31-16 02:15 PM
    How much would you budget for these campaigns?
    I wasn't talking about these could be done. But this is how you could do it. KAWS case idea is pretty cool actually . Smart me.
    10-31-16 02:21 PM
    PBK is a dead issue. People don't want sliders. They are a maintenance nightmare (general belief out there) and they don't want to loose screen space to a keyboard. They are dead. People want a mini tablet with phone.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-31-16 02:42 PM
    So...a product no one outside of an extremely select few wants to buy made by a company whose brand is all but dead to the general buying public is going to be a big success? Sure, ok.
    Ronindan, JeepBB and Joao Oliveira like this.
    10-31-16 04:16 PM
    Some other company needs to make it. Not a company that still has all those hungry shareholder mouths to feed, who still expect big dividends and a return to the days when the company was worth $50 a share lol. ($5 is more like it)
    10-31-16 04:18 PM
    I truly don't get people's logic on crackberry. If a PKB device would be a success, then where was all that success when the Q10 was released? The Passport? The Classic???

It "might" appeal a tad more due to having Android, but it's still a very limited market

Posted via CB10
    It took two years after release to make OS 10 usable.
    10-31-16 04:19 PM
47 12