remove the trackpad and add a slider included qwerty.

Posted via CB10
    So a new phone? thanks for the feedback though

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-04-14 11:20 AM
    Good work though op. It's better than I could do

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    Thanks

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-04-14 11:21 AM
    Why not
    - Hexa-Core processor @ 1.0 THz per core
    - Li-Ion 25.000 mAh battery
    - 256GB RAM
    - 4TB memory (expandable up to 25TB)

?/s

Seriously guys, the concept designs themselves are almost always already completely out of touch concerning reality, why even bother with some fantasy specs, too?

Please could some of you cellar designers lay at least some thought behind those concepts instead of delivering this uninspired wishful thinking.

And yes may not sound like that but I am sorry to say this! But it's just so pointless.
    Fantasy specs? My friend, few months ago, ubuntu was going to make a phone like this! Its nothing which can't be made! Remember, this is 2014. Few days ago an sd card was announced thanks though

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-04-14 11:23 AM
    thanks. Nice design. But I think it's too long. I'm not sure if there's a way to reduce the size of the upper and lower "bars" ...maybe widen it instead.
    Thanks for the ffedback

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-04-14 11:23 AM
    People can be really harsh in here yeeerrrrr! LoL

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    Andreas Kimishis1 likes this.
    03-04-14 01:55 PM
    People can be really harsh in here yeeerrrrr! LoL

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    Always They have to, otherwise there is no satisfaction

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-04-14 02:51 PM
    Its good to see all these pics
    But this one is like hybrid of htc one iphone5 and BlackBerry keyboard but the one which was built for iphone5

Posted via CB10
    Funny how you didn't mention it looks like a hybrid from the Z10 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 02:57 PM
    OP, could you design a futuristic "Q10" looking like phone that is 4.0' and slightly wider than what the current Q10. In other words the phone should not be as long as present Z10 but wider than the present Q10. Thanks.
    I'm also wondering what a wide screen Q10 with a 4 inch screen size would look like. I'm loving all of the unique features you've added. I have to visit this folder more often now. Since seeing the Q20 my thirst for a qwerty is back. My Z30 is getting lonely all of a sudden lol.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    03-04-14 05:55 PM
    I would give this phone a shot. I think a phone the size of a Z30 with a qwerty and slightly smaller screen to fit the keyboard would be great. I love this designs and hope BlackBerry is watching.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 06:47 PM
    I would give this phone a shot. I think a phone the size of a Z30 with a qwerty and slightly smaller screen to fit the keyboard would be great. I love this designs and hope BlackBerry is watching.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-04-14 06:51 PM
    I'm also wondering what a wide screen Q10 with a 4 inch screen size would look like. I'm loving all of the unique features you've added. I have to visit this folder more often now. Since seeing the Q20 my thirst for a qwerty is back. My Z30 is getting lonely all of a sudden lol.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    Thabks man

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-04-14 06:52 PM
    Fantasy specs? My friend, few months ago, ubuntu was going to make a phone like this! Its nothing which can't be made! Remember, this is 2014. Few days ago an sd card was announced thanks though

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    That's not the point. Point is you're likely no engineer and you were never involved in the engineering process of a smartphone and you don't know suppliers and their roadmap. You're just designing hardware graphically and have no clue about actual technical practicability. So what's the point of throwing out specs at all? You could pretty much write about the spec sheet what you want and therefore it's fantasy.

As for the Ubuntu phone...keep it mind, just as you said yourself: was going to. It didn't happen.
    03-05-14 04:16 AM
    That's not the point. Point is you're likely no engineer and you were never involved in the engineering process of a smartphone and you don't know suppliers and their roadmap. You're just designing hardware graphically and have no clue about actual technical practicability. So what's the point of throwing out specs at all? You could pretty much write about the spec sheet what you want and therefore it's fantasy.

As for the Ubuntu phone...keep it mind, just as you said yourself: was going to. It didn't happen.
    Let me explain you as a business man then WAS going to because of the lack of availability of funds Thats the reason wwhy it actually didnt happen . A phone like this can be done easily. Companies need to make money from every phone that they sell right? And for that reason there is no point for them to make the "perfect" phone (yet). This is the plan that every company follows. As long as they sell, they don't need to do something wow. Almost every 2 years the samsung galaxy S series has 1GB ram than the previous two. You actually think, because I am not an engineer I don't know how the game is played? I am an accountant, I know how companies work. So, to conclude, IF there was a company out there which was thinking about the CUSTOMER AND ONLY, this phone would have been a reality even this year. Ubuntu was close to that company that I am describing but..no money no phone

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-05-14 05:31 AM

P.S Fantasy means having a vision or a dream about something which will never happen. The phone that I made with the specs its not a fantasy. It's just doesn't exist (yet)

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-05-14 05:37 AM
    Let me explain you as a business man then WAS going to because of the lack of availability of funds Thats the reason wwhy it actually didnt happen . A phone like this can be done easily. Companies need to make money from every phone that they sell right? And for that reason there is no point for them to make the "perfect" phone (yet). This is the plan that every company follows. As long as they sell, they don't need to do something wow. Almost every 2 years the samsung galaxy S series has 1GB ram than the previous two. You actually think, because I am not an engineer I don't know how the game is played? I am an accountant, I know how companies work. So, to conclude, IF there was a company out there which was thinking about the CUSTOMER AND ONLY, this phone would have been a reality even this year. Ubuntu was close to that company that I am describing but..no money no phone

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    Actually I know how business works and I know the story behind the Ubuntu phone (a billionaire that failed at crowd funding $30M - WTF!?).

Anyhow, I do know greater specs are coming. It's a fact and Qualcomm for example probably has big tech in the works. But the point is that you as an accountant and hobby graphics designer
    A) don't know when these components will be commercially market ready and
    B) how to actually build them and utilize them in the phone

Point is: just design the phone. Don't bother with specs.
    03-05-14 06:01 AM
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I designed a concept too.

New Blackberry Q80i (concept)-bb_concept.jpg

It's called BlackBerry Q2000xyz because it's 100 times better than the upcoming Q20 and the "xyz" basically stands for like "does all the stuff", heh.

I implanted a 40MP front facing camera, since Nokia has 40MP cameras, too, so it's possible. But if you want an even better camera up in there, let me know and I'll check what I can do.

As you can also see, the screen is 4,5 inches, so plenty of screen for a QWERTY candy bar phone. Although it looks like nearly 1:1 aspect ratio, it's 2000 by 1500 pixels (heard they already testet over 600 PPI displays so this should not be an issue). Anyway, if you want an even bigger display, let me know and I can put up to 5" displays in there without adding to the size of the overall phone (I know: it's like magic, heh).

The chipset in there is superb, believe me. Although Qualcomm doesn't know about this yet, I called it "Snapdragon FX". Sounds cool, doesn't it? Aaaand it really really is powerful, it masters Geekbench 4 (coming soon I guess) with over 900.000 points (score system Geekbench 4 will probably be different, but let me tell you 900.000 blows everything else out of the water). If the Snapdragon FX isn't good enough for your taste, let me assure you that I'm already working on the successor, which will be the Snapdragon GX (G comes after F you know). It'll take time to finalize it but if you really want it, I can maybe built the GX into the phone like... tomorrow.

Stay tuned!
    03-05-14 06:26 AM
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I designed a concept too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb_concept.jpg 
Views:	951 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	252883

It's called BlackBerry Q2000xyz because it's 100 times better than the upcoming Q20 and the "xyz" basically stands for like "does all the stuff", heh.

I implanted a 40MP front facing camera, since Nokia has 40MP cameras, too, so it's possible. But if you want an even better camera up in there, let me know and I'll check what I can do.

As you can also see, the screen is 4,5 inches, so plenty of screen for a QWERTY candy bar phone. Although it looks like nearly 1:1 aspect ratio, it's 2000 by 1500 pixels (heard they already testet over 600 PPI displays so this should not be an issue). Anyway, if you want an even bigger display, let me know and I can put up to 5" displays in there without adding to the size of the overall phone (I know: it's like magic, heh).

The chipset in there is superb, believe me. Although Qualcomm doesn't know about this yet, I called it "Snapdragon FX". Sounds cool, doesn't it? Aaaand it really really is powerful, it masters Geekbench 4 (coming soon I guess) with over 900.000 points (score system Geekbench 4 will probably be different, but let me tell you 900.000 blows everything else out of the water). If the Snapdragon FX isn't good enough for your taste, let me assure you that I'm already working on the successor, which will be the Snapdragon GX (G comes after F you know). It'll take time to finalize it but if you really want it, I can maybe built the GX into the phone like... tomorrow.

Stay tuned!
    If a human managed to make from a Nokia 3310 to a samsung galaxy s5 in just 10 years, I would say..wait another 10 years

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-05-14 08:37 AM
    Great work Tom but I see you've left the battery stats out. Is this its weak point ?

03-05-14 09:07 AM
    Great work Tom but I see you've left the battery stats out. Is this its weak point ?

Hmm you're right, but that's no problem. I'm thinking about 6.5 mm thickness, yet, let's say 4,000 mAh battery capacity. Would that work for you?
    03-05-14 09:29 AM
    Hmm you're right, but that's no problem. I'm thinking about 6.5 mm thickness, yet, let's say 4,000 mAh battery capacity. Would that work for you?
    Unbelievable!

See people, the technology is out there already.

Tom, when is it on sale??

03-05-14 09:36 AM
    Unbelievable!

Unbelievable!

You can't be serious right? Bro if yoou want to have a conversation with some facts, then do it. If you are going to be with full ironic the stop it man. You clearly so closed minded. I will answer you then with the same attitude. You want t hear a story?

Once upon a time, we all had a Nokia phone, and specifically a VGA camera? Then we had a 2megapixel phones wow. Were you one of those people who said that a phone should only be.Then a man (maybe a crazy one?) called Steve Jobs said that thats not how mobile phones should work and he made the first iphone. Ofcourse other companies should have followed because they were behind competition. After few years we have seen Google in the scene and many other companies. Can you please tell me how much GBs of RAM was a normal pc had in 2003? Can you please tell me the speed of a normal pc had? A touch screen in 2003? I mean come on, 10 years ago I am sure you said that technology wont go that far right? well can you also tell me the specs of a Z30? maybe S5? Omg how can a thin device like iphone store so much data? OMG how can actually listen to music through ipod? I thought only cds and floppy disks are the future. So can you actually have download files with 10mbs per second? I thought that dial-up is the solution. LED displays? Thin screen? Bending LED screens? ohh technology? but how comes? Technology was not there in 2003

Now go back to my specs and tell me if I am unreal Octa-core processors? They will be available in few months. 4GB of Ram? Oh come you really think its impossible? 128GB storage? An sd card was announced. You only need that one person again, to see, change and make it right

P.S I dont like iphones, I dont like Galaxy smartphones! It was an example of technology and not as OS

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    03-05-14 10:10 AM
    Andreas, yes I didn't doubt you. I'm playing along to Tom's funny diagram.

03-05-14 10:31 AM
    Unbelievable!

It's targeted to launch in July, but considering your overwhelming response I'll try to accelerate the process a bit. So let's say next week.
    03-05-14 10:34 AM
    It's targeted to launch in July, but considering your overwhelming response I'll try to accelerate the process a bit. So let's say next week.
    "Next week" + 1 year as it's BlackBerry right or...?

03-05-14 10:37 AM
    You can't be serious right? Bro if yoou want to have a conversation with some facts, then do it. If you are going to be with full ironic the stop it man. You clearly so closed minded. I will answer you then with the same attitude. You want t hear a story?

Once upon a time, we all had a Nokia phone, and specifically a VGA camera? Then we had a 2megapixel phones wow. Were you one of those people who said that a phone should only be.Then a man (maybe a crazy one?) called Steve Jobs said that thats not how mobile phones should work and he made the first iphone. Ofcourse other companies should have followed because they were behind competition. After few years we have seen Google in the scene and many other companies. Can you please tell me how much GBs of RAM was a normal pc had in 2003? Can you please tell me the speed of a normal pc had? A touch screen in 2003? I mean come on, 10 years ago I am sure you said that technology wont go that far right? well can you also tell me the specs of a Z30? maybe S5? Omg how can a thin device like iphone store so much data? OMG how can actually listen to music through ipod? I thought only cds and floppy disks are the future. So can you actually have download files with 10mbs per second? I thought that dial-up is the solution. LED displays? Thin screen? Bending LED screens? ohh technology? but how comes? Technology was not there in 2003

Now go back to my specs and tell me if I am unreal Octa-core processors? They will be available in few months. 4GB of Ram? Oh come you really think its impossible? 128GB storage? An sd card was announced. You only need that one person again, to see, change and make it right

P.S I dont like iphones, I dont like Galaxy smartphones! It was an example of technology and not as OS

AK BlackBerry Prototypes
    Dude no reason to get serious about this. I didn't mean to say your specs won't ever happen. It's more like that it's pointless to discuss internal specs of concept phones since we don't know how exactly things (both hardware and software) will evolve and when exactly. So it doesn't make any sense. We're better off designing exterior only with real practicability in mind. No?
    03-05-14 10:44 AM
86 1234