Really not interested in a keyboard phone at all. And honestly, you can assume that most of the market won't be interested in physical keyboards either. iphone=all touch, most androids=all touch... unless they are planning to officially move to a niche player, this maybe a large mistake..

i was really hoping that they would announce plans for a high performance all touch z10 followup ... seeing as by the time its released (late 2014, early 2015) we'll be going on 2 yrs after the Z10 launch, and all those users will want to upgrade...
    03-28-14 11:49 AM
    If BlackBerry don't continue with all touchscreen devices and solely developed just keyboard devices in the future then my Z10 will continue until it is dead and then I'll go with another none BlackBerry phone altogether. Sad, but alas I will never return to a physical keyboard device again. Been spoiled too much by my awesome Z10.
    Same for me. If Blackberry does not update the Z10 in the next 12 months then it's an iPhone for me. Ironically Blackberry weened me off keys.
    03-28-14 12:31 PM
    love the q10 and love the z30 so it wouldn't bother me at all ....................and if people don't like it then they can go and be Iphone sheep again
    03-28-14 12:33 PM
    man they better hope that the Z3 sees some traction
    Eric Ton and richardat like this.
    03-28-14 03:42 PM
    No it's not it's just like what Apple is doing with the iPhone 4.
    Wow. That's too bad.

Of all the things Apple does right, they choose that one.
    03-28-14 03:47 PM
    This is rediculous. The market has been saying it loud and clear for years... keyboards are OUT! And BlackBerry 10 touch devices are awesome! Wish BlackBerry would actually try selling them.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:15 PM
    Chen cancelled Windermere.
    Source?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:29 PM
    This is rediculous. The market has been saying it loud and clear for years... keyboards are OUT! And BlackBerry 10 touch devices are awesome! Wish BlackBerry would actually try selling them.

Posted via CB10
    Physical keyboards are very much a necessity for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:42 AM
    Well, they have revealed their plans for keyboard affecianados.

So the question is, what will exactly be their plans to make the physical keyboard experiences better?

we can deduce that following assumptions were made:

1. BlackBerry thinks that toolbelt is a must with physical keyboard users.
    2. Physical keyboard users do not want a virtual keyboard, even with BlackBerry's new virtual keyboard UI (its at least different from the layout and how it performs from OS6,7,7.1, that much is given?)
    3. BlackBerry has indicated that it will continue research in physical keyboards, as per the revelation of patent pending paper that some posters have pointed and shown before.

Hence, the question begs, what will BlackBerry do with the evolution of physical keyboards?
    03-29-14 04:47 AM
    That the company is going backwards - at the same time, he announced they are restarting production of the Bold! - this is a pretty desperate attempt to simply hold onto existing customers rather than grow base.
    Steve Jobs used this quote a lot:

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been." - Wayne Gretzky

John Chen is doing the opposite of that.
    BB_Junky and NG888 like this.
    03-29-14 05:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    There is still a mark for pk phones and those people buy Blackberrys. They are not in a position to leave people behind.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-29-14 06:25 AM
    There is still a mark for pk phones and those people buy Blackberrys. They are not in a position to leave people behind.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    They aren't in the position to cater to only the few who will only buy a kbp as well. I guess we will see in a year. I was an early adopter of the Z10 and this summer I'm upgrading... if blackberry doesn't have anything to upgrade to then I guess it's android time. And that goes with the 50 or 60 of my friends and colleagues with Z10s as well... We've all been talking

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-29-14 06:42 AM
    They aren't in the position to cater to only the few who will only buy a kbp as well. I guess we will see in a year. I was an early adopter of the Z10 and this summer I'm upgrading... if blackberry doesn't have anything to upgrade to then I guess it's android time. And that goes with the 50 or 60 of my friends and colleagues with Z10s as well... We've all been talking

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Fair enough. If BlackBerry throws a keyboard phone with a screen at least 4 inches I might consider them, otherwise I'll definitely get the Moto X successor or get a WP that has a screen size less than 5 inches.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-29-14 06:48 AM
    Funny thing is I just picked up a used Q10 to play around with. I may use it as a work phone as my Nexus 5 is my daily driver.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 03-29-14 at 08:23 AM.
    03-29-14 07:30 AM
    If BlackBerry does not make another high end touch phone, I'm out.

It is not just the phone, The software is being dumbed down to appeal to bb7 users.

I agree BlackBerry is looking backward not forward.

Posted via CB10
    Tinomane, NG888, lnichols and 3 others like this.
    03-29-14 07:41 AM
    As far as I know, the Z10 is the best selling BB10 phone so if they do not continue making all-touch phones they are digging their own grave. They should have available 3 all-touch phones and 3 keyboard phones. The consumers want options.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:58 AM
    Chen is going where they prospered. Now when he gets there he will make new decisions. Steady the ship then play hard.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    03-29-14 10:26 AM
    I'm one of the backwards people looking forward to the Q20. Bigger screen, real keyboard with all the shortcuts and trackpad - perfect combination for a compulsive thumb typist who constantly edits the text. Loving the Q10 in the meantime.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 06:52 PM
    As far as I know, the Z10 is the best selling BB10 phone so if they do not continue making all-touch phones they are digging their own grave. They should have available 3 all-touch phones and 3 keyboard phones. The consumers want options.

Posted via CB10
    Too many options at the moment. They need to simplify things.

Posted with my Q
    amjass12 likes this.
    03-29-14 06:54 PM
    About time. I swear BlackBerry has been focusing on just all touch device. They took the software and just slapped it into the Q10. Very few adjustments or benefits IE keyboard shortcuts on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and flyingsolid like this.
    03-29-14 07:14 PM
    Too many options at the moment. They need to simplify things.

Posted with my Q
    I dint know what's so hard fro blackberry to understand about this. They keep churning our phones, when they should be concentrating on making a flagship, and bettering that phone each year.

There's nothing stopping them keeping the q10 as their keyboard and the. Improving in that. Make it bigger, add the belt ir whatever. But just name it the q10.

And same with touch. I propose the z30 become the flagship. It's clearly the best all touch bb

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-30-14 04:17 AM
    Steve Jobs used this quote a lot:

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been." - Wayne Gretzky

John Chen is doing the opposite of that.
    One is very dead, the other much alive.
    03-30-14 04:27 AM
    One is very dead, the other much alive.
    Wayne Gretzky is very much alive thank you.
    03-30-14 04:38 AM
    I dint know what's so hard fro blackberry to understand about this. They keep churning our phones, when they should be concentrating on making a flagship, and bettering that phone each year.

There's nothing stopping them keeping the q10 as their keyboard and the. Improving in that. Make it bigger, add the belt ir whatever. But just name it the q10.

And same with touch. I propose the z30 become the flagship. It's clearly the best all touch bb

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that they have been releasing phones about 6 months plus later than they planned to. The Z10 was built and designed to release Summer 2012. By the time it showed up Q1 2103, or Q2 in US, it was expensive and no better hardware wise than other phones from Samsung that had been out for 9 months, and when it released in the US, the GS4 released weeks later. Z30 should have been accelerated, and released instead of the Z10 in the US. Plus let's be real, 10.2.1 is now what makes BlackBerry great option, the previous versions were good, but had a lit of missing things that both BlackBerry users and other platforms users would want.

With BES12, BlackBerry needs to have 10.3 ready, a true Flagship all touch device (quad core, 1080, etc.), and a flagship PKB model (I would recommend with a 4 tall by 3 wide ratio minimum, or a slider with a 1080 and get rid of the 1 by 1).

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:34 AM
    Physical keyboards are very much a necessity for me.

Posted via CB10
    Understood, but you are in the minority.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:37 AM
54 123