Not trying hard enough I'm afraid.

Given what I have gathered about your expectations about such things, I'd be inclined to think it would be impossible to satisfy you in that respect unless they enlisted Dr. Who to help them turn back the clock to 2008.
    01-30-14 06:30 PM
    I've been asking for this device for months. They would instantly sell 10 millions of them through Legacy fans upgrades and Legacy BES users replacements/upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    I don't think so.

BlackBerry isn't really seen as a smartphone in many places of the world.

Many people with BlackBerry phones tell me that they 'can't wait to upgrade to a smartphone'.

The world thinks that they are 'upgrading'. BlackBerry phones aren't really seen as better than their predecessors, more like a side-grade.

BlackBerry needs to focus on being seen as THE upgrade to all phones!!

Posted via my Z30.
    01-30-14 11:00 PM
    In fact t, many people here get an 'iPhone for work' and an Android for play. They tell me that 'The iPhone is probably the best suited smartphone for work'.

BlackBerry doesn't even enter their mind. The keyboard alone makes BlackBerry 10 better for work.

Posted via my Z30.
    01-30-14 11:02 PM
    Dead end. I'd rather see their limited resources put into filling in the gaps on BlackBerry 10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    milo53 and SK122387 like this.
    01-30-14 11:07 PM
    Without getting into arguments, of BB comes out with an OS8 updated 9900 they can count on my cash.

BB10 has been a bad experience of wait and see and bug after bug.

Until then I'm going back to BBOS. Very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Yeah there are loads of used BBOS 7 phones available. Anyone that still prefers that OS and the devices still has access.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-30-14 11:12 PM

Including the USA. Ask Marissa Mayer.
    01-30-14 11:20 PM
    Dead end. I'd rather see their limited resources put into filling in the gaps on BlackBerry 10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    I see that as a dead end, they basically cave up already when it comes to consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-31-14 01:19 AM
    Yeah there are loads of used BBOS 7 phones available. Anyone that still prefers that OS and the devices still has access.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    The difference is my used BBOS device still makes BB money when BIS is activated, even if I activate it on my old 7230.

01-31-14 01:21 AM
    I don't think so.

Many people with BlackBerry phones tell me that they 'can't wait to upgrade to a smartphone'.

The world thinks that they are 'upgrading'. BlackBerry phones aren't really seen as better than their predecessors, more like a side-grade.

BlackBerry needs to focus on being seen as THE upgrade to all phones!!

Posted via my Z30.
    A cheeky android owning friend asked me a couple of years ago if I've ever considered buying a smartphone.

He's been using a 9790 for the past year along with an android tablet.

Tablets have changed the game a little.

01-31-14 01:24 AM
    I've read tons of posts comparing the q10 to the9900. Here's the scenario

What if blackberry were to upgrade the bold, but keep the same form factor. Better camera, better ram, better processor, but still have the trackpad and buttons.

Then what if they were to make a new os for that phone that kept all the best features of os7 but just upgrade it to work with the new hardware. This would satisfy all the bold users that don't want to switch to bb10.

Maybe a bold 9999 running bbos8?

I know this will never happen, but let's hear your thoughts!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using CB Forums mobile app
    First, you ll need to mention what do you mean with "best feature of OS7"?
    I can't remember what feature that is better on OS7 than BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:56 AM
    First, you ll need to mention what do you mean with "best feature of OS7"?
    I can't remember what feature that is better on OS7 than BB10

Posted via CB10
    Notifications, customisation, keyboard shortcuts, Protect, true push email, sleep mode, call/end call buttons, trackpad, email filters, email delivery receipts, firewall etc

01-31-14 04:10 AM
    Notifications, customisation, keyboard shortcuts, Protect, true push email, sleep mode, call/end call buttons, trackpad, email filters, email delivery receipts, firewall etc

- What's wrong with the current notification?
    - I though keyboard shortcut available on Q10 and those with physical keyboard?
    - Call/end call button also available, or maybe I don't get really get what you mean exactly.
    - why use track pad when u have touchscreen device? I never use track pad on my 9860
    - email filter -- true but I never actually use it before
    - firewall = parental control, available, never use it though
    - email delivery receipt - true
    - true push email. What's the different with the current setup? I see there's an option in email setting "use push if supported".

New BlackBerry OS? Hypothetical situation-img_20140131_172429.png

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:24 AM
    - Call/end call button also available, or maybe I don't get really get what you mean exactly.
    - why use track pad when u have touchscreen device? I never use track pad on my 9860
    - true push email. What's the different with the current setup? I see there's an option in email setting "use push if supported".

Gets out the popcorn. This should go on for another ~1000 repetitive posts or so now. cuek80, you have no idea what you just got yourself into

kbz1960 and johnnyuk like this.
    01-31-14 04:29 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140131_172429.png 
Views:	498 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	243647

Posted via CB10
    There you go, you found a few things better on BB7 without going into further explanation.

Except maybe for notifications: you no longer have holster profiles and you can't set the length and count of vibrations for example.

Oh, and firewall and parental control are two different things, BB7 had both.

Just because you never used them doesn't mean that BB7 didn't have superior options.

01-31-14 04:42 AM
    Okay. Hahaha. Resigning from the debate.
    I hope BB10 keep improving to cover those missing features mentioned.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:24 AM
    Gets out the popcorn. This should go on for another ~1000 repetitive posts or so now. cuek80, you have no idea what you just got yourself into

Looks like you were wrong.

01-31-14 12:50 PM
    Looks like you were wrong.

Off topic. You need to get a group together and buy BBOS.

They would be absolutely nuts to back track or go with yet another OS.
    01-31-14 01:10 PM
    I see that as a dead end, they basically cave up already when it comes to consumers.

It was an accident that consumers ever chose BlackBerrys in the first place. They were truly lucky for some time. A lot of it globally having to do with BBM.
    01-31-14 01:34 PM
    The 9900 has been out for 3 years or so, nothing has been done at all to improve that model and it still out sell's bb10. Go figure.

There's lots of new features that I like in bb10. That said, some important pieces are missing for me to be totally happy with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Can you prove that the 9900 alone, outsold every BB10 phone combined?
    Because what I see, is that BlackBerry had 0.5% marketshare of new devices sold in 2013 with BB10 and 1% with BBOS.
    It would mean that 50% of the phones sold were Bolds.
    And that is a very dubious claim.

It's not like we play that game for about one year with BelfastD, right..?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:35 PM
    The difference is my used BBOS device still makes BB money when BIS is activated, even if I activate it on my old 7230.

I agree. It is a win win situation. You can just buy up bunches of old BBOS phones and store them. As long as the carrier keeps supporting them with BIS, it's truly a win win. I am sure BlackBerry appreciates the 2-$5 a month for just providing efficient email, data compression, and BBM.
    01-31-14 01:38 PM
    As long as the carrier keeps supporting them with BIS, it's truly a win win. I am sure BlackBerry appreciates the 2-$5 a month for just providing efficient email, data compression, and BBM.

Because the cost of operating, maintaining and upgrading that 24x7 network to maintain performance and reliability is exactly zero, and that princely sum of $2.00 is all just "free money" for them, right?
    01-31-14 09:55 PM

The user base of the 9900 was never huge...
    And that's why the OS7 devices continue to outsell BB10? Check your facts. The only BlackBerry phones I even see anymore are 9900s

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.1898
    01-31-14 09:58 PM
    It's not like we play that game for about one year with BelfastD, right..?

Nah - figment of your imagination. Just like all the alleged flaws with BBOS that all those meanies keep making up.

01-31-14 09:59 PM
    Because the cost of operating, maintaining and upgrading that 24x7 network to maintain performance and reliability is exactly zero, and that princely sum of $2.00 is all just "free money" for them, right?
    I was sort of being sarcastic.

I do know that BlackBerry had some disclosures about how eroding service revenues from loss of BIS customers would negatively impact their financials. Thus I'd assume at some point, even in this decline, BIS was still very profitable for them.

Who knows now. Yes at some point once the BBOS user base becomes small enough they'll lose money keeping it running.

That much is obvious. However without a statement from BlackBerry, or some other evidence none of us knows when that'll be.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-31-14 10:10 PM
    Whether or not BlackBerry can survive as a handset maker will be decided in Indonesia, Nigeria, India, and other places with large populations and relatively speaking low smartphone penetration. Canada and the UK are very small smartphone markets by comparison and not where the smartphone growth is taking place. BlackBerry is damaged in the emerging markets but not out for the count. I don't think we will be having this debate next year if Jakarta is not a big success.

From: http://www.techinasia.com/10-highlig...industry-2013/

ll the signs were there: BlackBerry didn’t launch any new phones in 2012 in Indonesia, while more affordable and more fully-featured Android phones were surging into the Indonesian market. The launch of the all-new BlackBerry 10 phones last year didn’t help much as there were no longer the long queues you’d expect to see in Indonesia for a new BlackBerry device. The magic has gone.

Research firm IDC then made it official. BlackBerry is now third in Indonesia in terms of phones shipped in Q3 2013, pushed down by Samsung and local telco and phone brand Smartfren.

BlackBerry still has about 15 million users in Indonesia. We’ll see if 2014 is a better year for the company there. Maybe its new phone codenamed ‘Jakarta’ can help spark a revival in Indonesia.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    02-01-14 12:22 AM
135 12345 ...