K I cannot be the only one who is waiting for sprint to get the new blackberry. I have not heard of any news but I can't wait anyone else

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 07:26 PM
    I'm not sure but I think the new one is gonna be out in less than 3 months, I can't wait either
    05-21-09 10:29 PM
    heh i rarely if ever comment on these types of threads, but i too am at the point of wanting something new lol.

the problem is i cant beat sprints price for the plan i have with any other carrier, at all. in fact i'd likely pay anywhere from $50 to $65 more a month for what i have.

i've never been one to choose a carrier based on phones, but the funny thing is, all the carriers work great in my area, T-Mo has some dead spots, but the big 3 of sprint, VZW, and AT&T work just fine around here.

i dont care for the up coming Tour. i'd settle for the Bold, i Really want that phone badly since playing around with a co-workers Bold.

i've been surfing the AT&T site pricing out plans/phones.. as i do about once a year or so when i think about leaving sprint.. last time i did that they came with the Curve.. lets hope their about to release something ahead of schedule lol... but at least with AT&T you can buy a different phone (either unlocked or one of their own) and use it.. unlike sprint...

cheers
    05-22-09 02:10 AM
    BB's take SO long to get to CDMA carriers like Sprint. Sprint usually gets a horrible choice of phones. But the new Curve should be coming out to Sprint this summer.
    05-22-09 02:28 AM
    BB's take SO long to get to CDMA carriers like Sprint. Sprint usually gets a horrible choice of phones. But the new Curve should be coming out to Sprint this summer.
    You're absolutely right. The big issue is the CDMA carries. Because each phone has to be serialized, it removes the ability for expansion. Of course SIM card phones, such as the BB's on AT&T and T-Mobile, all have serial numbers, but the reason they are serialized is for the pricing plans.

And to comment on the new Curve, you're sort of right. From what I've heard we're actually seeing the Niagra soon, or the new "World Edition". Thought I would pass that off to you all!
    05-24-09 03:03 PM
    I have heeeard how cheap Sprint is...I have unlimited minutes/messages/megabytes, vz navigator, visual voice mail & 5gb for tethering...before taxes that is $179.98...now with Sprint I like a U.S. rep...but money is money, how much would all THAT be with Sprint???
    05-24-09 03:08 PM
    Not sure how much extra tethering is additional, but the SEP (unlimited everything but tethering) is $99.99.

05-24-09 03:26 PM
    I don't think tethering is an available add-on on SEP. But you can still tether, as long as it's not an outrageous amount.
    05-24-09 03:57 PM
    I have downloaded Sprint SmartView and tethered numerous times. I have used about five hundred thousand kbs and no extra charges. You just have to be careful not to go over a mil.

05-24-09 04:22 PM
    So it would be fabulous to see Sprint a better choice of new phones. However, as already stated, it's hard to beat the prices.
    05-24-09 05:12 PM
    I don't think tethering is an available add-on on SEP. But you can still tether, as long as it's not an outrageous amount.
    It is available as an add on option. For 5GB tethering and the SEP (unlimited everything, data, voice, messaging, navigation, etc) it is $149.99/month.

Bundled offers
    05-24-09 05:56 PM
    I also had planned on having a new BB by now. It does not help that we have to see all these other carriers get new BB's and we still have the old ones.
    05-24-09 07:25 PM
    It is available as an add on option. For 5GB tethering and the SEP (unlimited everything, data, voice, messaging, navigation, etc) it is $149.99/month.

Bundled offers
    that's not tethering, that's a mobile card. wayyyyyyyy better than tethering. you're getting evdo rev A there, and it's a mobile card so it has nothing to do with your cell phone. no battery drain, etc.
    05-25-09 01:10 AM
    that's not tethering, that's a mobile card. wayyyyyyyy better than tethering. you're getting evdo rev A there, and it's a mobile card so it has nothing to do with your cell phone. no battery drain, etc.
    What do you mean it's not tethering?? Why get a data card for $59.99 & a 2 year committment when you can add on the feature....take it off if you need to & not only avoid the "save team" but get it for $30 for the same 5gb??????
    05-25-09 01:15 AM
    Whats the new CURVE, what MODEL ?
    05-25-09 04:42 PM
    Whats the new CURVE, what MODEL ?
    i thought it was the 8330m
    05-25-09 04:48 PM
    I have heeeard how cheap Sprint is...I have unlimited minutes/messages/megabytes, vz navigator, visual voice mail & 5gb for tethering...before taxes that is $179.98...now with Sprint I like a U.S. rep...but money is money, how much would all THAT be with Sprint???
    i hope thats not just for one line.

i pay barely $160 a month for 2 BB's with full data plan, unlimited message, early nights and weekends at 6pm, insurance, as well as a 3rd line with just a basic phone and international long distance plan on it..
    i have a 1400 minute family plan that we never go over, and i use my phone a heck of a lot.
    as for VZ navigator.. sprints GPS on the BB curve is already to go and you can use Nav4all if you want to..they dont charge extra for it.

cheers
    05-26-09 04:35 AM
    The SEP plan is $99 and comes with unlimited everything. Sprint doesn't offer visual voicemail, unless it comes with the phone (i.e. Instinct), but does include Sprint GPS and Sprint TV. Although they can not add PAM to this plan, you can tether with a BB without incurring (AFAIK, no one has) additional fees (everyone with the exception of a few stay under the 5GB limit and radar).
    05-26-09 12:06 PM
    (everyone with the exception of a few stay under the 5GB limit and radar).
    I would imagine that if you own a BB and no aircard, their threshold for being suspicious is smaller.

I have used my phone for A LOT of data and I've never reached 1g. If I saw that someone was using 2g every month, I would be suspicious.

Not saying Sprint does that. Just saying that if it were my job to look into that, I would flag users who had 1.5-2g of data in a month.
    05-26-09 12:42 PM
    Venomgirl, wat u pay wit vz I pay 170.98 plus tax which includes 3 lines with unlimited data and insurance for all three lines. And 1500 fam share min. That's a good price. Payin that amount for 1 line is ridiculous.

05-26-09 12:45 PM
    honestly. We have 2 phones with all the above except for visual voice mail, but have insurance. We pay less then 108.00 a month. But that is for 450 shared mins, which we never use.
    05-27-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD