BlackBerry Search Results

Environment

* BlackBerry� Device Software 4.3

Details

This article profiles the main changes to BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.

SureType� Enhancements

Word Completion

As BlackBerry smartphone users type, a list of word options is displayed when the BlackBerry smartphone user pauses. The vertical list consists of word selections that are the closest match to the word the BlackBerry smartphone user is trying to type. The BlackBerry smartphone user may then select the word.

Advanced Editing

BlackBerry smartphone users may now scroll to a word they want to correct and move between specific letters by rolling the trackball up or down to flip between letters.

Improved Frequency Learning

Commonly used words are recognized with greater consistency.

Wireless BlackBerry Device Software Upgrades

BlackBerry smartphone users can wirelessly upgrade their BlackBerry smartphone.

Voice Notes

BlackBerry smartphone users can record voice notes using the Voice Notes feature. Voice notes can be sent using the following:

* Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages
    * email messages
    * personal identification number (PIN)
    * instant messaging

The BlackBerry smartphone user may also store the recorded voice note locally for playback at a later time. For more information on Voice Notes, see KB05452.

Note: BlackBerry Messenger supports this feature with BlackBerry Device software 4.2.1.

Selectable Phone Equalizer

Adjust the audio to best suit the BlackBerry smartphone user listening preference. Listening preferences include:

* Normal
    * Boost Bass
    * Boost Treble

For instructions on improving phone call quality, see KB14258.

Enhanced Voice IT Policy Controls

IT Policies may be used to manage voice usage. A whitelist (always allow) and blacklist (never allow) of phone numbers can be created.

* Ability to Allow Ability to Control International Calls - allow or deny international calls received to the BlackBerry smartphone.
    * Ability to Allow or Deny by Area Code and Single Numbers - create Allow or Deny calling lists by area code and single numbers.

BlackBerry� Maps Enhancements

Points of Interest

Using the Local Search menu option, search for local businesses and landmarks within a 30 kilometer radius of the current location. For instructions, see KB14271.

Route Saving

Routes from one location to another may be saved for later viewing. For instructions, see KB05451.

Multimedia Enhancements

Send and receive video files using MMS

Attach video files to MMS messages, and play video files received using MMS. For more information, see KB14268.

3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) Progressive download

Allows streaming and playback of media from web sites on the BlackBerry smartphone using the browser.
    3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) Progressive download

Allows streaming and playback of media from web sites on Wi-Fi� enabled BlackBerry smartphones.

Music playlist support in the Media application

Create and edit playlists (in .m3u format) directly in the Media application on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Video recording

BlackBerry smartphone users can record video using the Camera by selecting the Video Camera icon. The following options may be selected to control settings:

* Video light - brightens dark environments to improve video recording
    * White balance - control white balance of the camera; options include Automatic, Indoor, and Sunny
    * Video format - use normal mode (240X180) or lower quality MMS mode (176X144)
    * Store videos - decide where to save video files

Browser Enhancements

The start page accommodates easier navigation and displays the five most recently visited bookmarks. If the BlackBerry smartphone user clicks Bookmarks or History, they are redirected to a dedicated screen, respectively.

BlackBerry Internet Service

Synchronize the address book and calendar features of integrated email accounts (for example, Yahoo!� Mail address book and calendar) with the Address Book and Calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone.

This feature requires BlackBerry� Internet Service 2.4.
    11-08-07 01:39 PM
    I can't wait for this updates...

Audio/Video improvements are best...
    11-08-07 02:02 PM
    any word yet? still end of year?
    11-08-07 10:29 PM
    OMG.
    I've been waiting for this update ever since I got my BB8800.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-07 10:40 PM
    This could be the best thing I have seen in a very long time!
    11-08-07 11:43 PM
    According to Boy Genius

OS 4.3.1, is forecast for all 8000 series devices sometime in late Q4 2007 or Q1 2008.
    11-17-07 04:04 PM
    Question. My pearl has OS 4.3.0.60 IS this OS 4.3.1 going to have big updates to my 4.3.0????

click
    11-17-07 05:53 PM
    W O W !

Very, very impressive.

- CB
    11-17-07 10:22 PM
    The neccessity to run the foreseen new handheld OS 4.3.1 is said to be neccessary to bring this whole series of eye-popping improvements on the Blackberry handheld when this major BES update is available. No idea for BIS users.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/bes...nts-more-8901/
    11-18-07 08:25 AM
    Cant wait until this is out!!!

11-18-07 04:36 PM
    this is probably a stupid question, but i am new to the blackberry. i have a8800 how will i update this on my bb and where will i find it to update..

thanks,

tau
    11-19-07 03:47 PM
    When you say all 8000 series that means the 8800 and the 8830. If it is I am going to flip out. 20 bucks though Verizon doesn't offer it to Q4 of 2008.

According to Boy Genius

OS 4.3.1, is forecast for all 8000 series devices sometime in late Q4 2007 or Q1 2008.
    11-19-07 05:39 PM
    I cant wait. I check the RIM website everyday to see if it is out yet.
    11-19-07 06:26 PM
    SYNCING WITH GOOGLE CALENDAR?

Now that would be a very cool feature! I've been looking for a OTA syncing solution for my Berry for some time now. I know there will be sync support for Yahoo, but what about Google? Any thoughts?
    11-22-07 11:18 PM
    I have 4.3 and I am un able to sync with google calendar. Wish I would have been able to. Sorry cellinator.

Click

11-23-07 05:26 AM
    Holy crap! I absolutely can't wait for this!
    11-29-07 11:59 PM
    Can't wait until they release the update, looks like its getting better and better. Thanks for the info.
    11-30-07 05:19 PM
    Yes! I can't wait. But does anyone have an idea of when???
    11-30-07 05:29 PM
    I have this verision but Sprint users remember Sprint blocks MMS on the 8130. And noticed that each email address has a calendar associated with it and sync wireless..ie yahoo and google.
    12-08-07 02:27 PM
    Thanks for the information
    12-08-07 03:41 PM
    RIM should have put the video camera on the curve in the beginning
    12-09-07 03:25 AM
    This is a minor thing but wouldn�t it be nice to have all your text msgs grouped together like an IM instead of multiple entrees for each user & see smiley�s as smiley�s instead of text. That�s 2 things Palm has on everyone with their "outdated" OS RIM if you hear me it�s the little fun extras.

P.S. I love my Crackberry
    12-09-07 03:51 AM
    What i dont understand is,if the new verizon and sprint bb pearl users get this out the box,why do the rest of us have to wait?
    12-09-07 01:35 PM
    Whenever the new OS does finally come out where are you suppose to go to get it. The blackberry website doesn't even act like they have a clue. I noticed the earliest post about this subject were in early Nov. Is it already out and i don't know about it. Someone please enlighten me.
    12-09-07 08:14 PM
    It is already out and yes Verizon and Sprint users got this out of the box but Sprint users still can't send MMS.
    12-09-07 09:20 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD