amen...why create a ph that will play the vids not take???? its like all of us that hv been loyal and purch blackberry's in the past are being punished...why do only the new one's get it, why are we still waitin?? when i learned this i hit the roof...that was one of the things i thought the "old" at&t pearl had, i am happy to say i know own the curve and am LOVING IT !!! SSSO I'm floatin the boat with the rest of you guys waitin on the update... any body know if the voice note record update that allows you to store it to your phone also will allow for recording a call in progress?? sure would be nice...hehe
    12-12-07 01:59 PM
    If they (rim),would at least give us a solid date would be one thing,but we are not even giving anything but speculation like late 4th q,early 1st q,sure envy u pearl 2 users.
    12-16-07 10:25 AM
    I Have a curve and where can i get the new os
    12-16-07 11:49 PM
    Whenever the new OS does finally come out where are you suppose to go to get it. The blackberry website doesn't even act like they have a clue. I noticed the earliest post about this subject were in early Nov. Is it already out and i don't know about it. Someone please enlighten me.
    There are links from blackberry site to your providers blackberry download site. That's where you will get the updated OS- whenever it happens.
    12-17-07 07:55 PM
    Hmmm I just recently got my curve and these features seem very cool. I have v4.2 or so, and I'm curious as to when this will come out. When it does will I be notified through the air from my service provider or do I have to check frequently for the update? Also, where can I check for this update if I need to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-07 12:01 AM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    Find your provider here-- when it's available, it will be in the drop down menus.
    12-18-07 09:30 AM
    Check frequently here and at Blackberry forums when the new OS is released it will makes its way around like wild fire
    12-18-07 09:33 AM
    Htmll an live stremaing they payroll system at work os web based it's about time.

12-24-07 11:02 PM
    Im checking daily for 4.3 i cant wait to take some video
    01-01-08 09:55 AM
    I have the Pearl 8130 with OS v4.3.0.65 using BIS with Telus up in Canada. Can someone explain a little bit more about this OTA syncing of calendar entries? Is this for BES users only? Will I have this capability on my version or do I need to get 4.3.1? Also will Windows Live (the pay version) be supported?
    01-03-08 02:02 AM
    Hmm I'm hangin out for this too...wonder where it is?

Cheers
    MotorWayne
    01-07-08 12:44 AM
    OTA sync only works for BES users, for now until BB Unite is out which by the way, I can't wait for it, as for many others.
    01-07-08 12:47 AM
    OTA Sync???
    01-07-08 08:04 AM
    Please excuse my confusion. I am new to BBerry use.
    I know I downloaded 4.3 desktop software here:
    blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22
    Installed it but my 8310 Curve (AT&T) shows only 4.2.2.170

My confusion is wide and varied, but in this particular case,
    Is it that ATT doesnt let my phone upgrade?
    Is this not the actual 4.3 discussed here?
    Did I not install it properly?
    Why do women insist on assuming men can read minds instead of just telling us?

01-07-08 10:18 AM
    desktop is different from device software.
    01-07-08 10:27 AM
    OTA = Over The Air (wireless Sync)

01-07-08 12:33 PM
    I saw this:>

"BlackBerry Internet Service

Synchronize the address book and calendar features of integrated email accounts (for example, Yahoo!� Mail address book and calendar) with the Address Book and Calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone.

This feature requires BlackBerry� Internet Service 2.4"

If I buy an 8320 Curve from T-Mobile will this work (I don't want to use the Yahoo Go app).
    01-09-08 12:40 AM
    me too im checkin everyday for the new v4.3 os to hit im dyin to try the video app and other apps dat come wit it..
    01-09-08 01:12 AM
    I saw this:>

"BlackBerry Internet Service

Synchronize the address book and calendar features of integrated email accounts (for example, Yahoo!� Mail address book and calendar) with the Address Book and Calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone.

This feature requires BlackBerry� Internet Service 2.4"

If I buy an 8320 Curve from T-Mobile will this work (I don't want to use the Yahoo Go app).
    Do you have any more information on this? Is this an OTA sync? Is Hotmail included?
    01-09-08 02:59 AM
    The current Desktop Manager for the Curve offers sync with Yahoo. I've been using it. This is sync via USB and PC, not wireless sync, but it works. Yahoo syncs contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes. For those of us who don't use Outlook, it's a good option, and lets you access your stuff from any computer on the web, but you have to be at your "base" computer to do the actual sync.
    01-09-08 07:36 AM
    I assume that OS 4.3 will allow video clips recorded with the camera to be sent by email, not just MMS, but can anyone confirm this? For me, this is important because I like to archive photos (and eventually videos) wirelessly at Twango.com.
    01-09-08 07:38 AM
    I assume that OS 4.3 will allow video clips recorded with the camera to be sent by email, not just MMS, but can anyone confirm this? For me, this is important because I like to archive photos (and eventually videos) wirelessly at Twango.com.
    You are correct! 4.3 will recorded video that you can email.
    01-09-08 07:00 PM
    You are correct! 4.3 will recorded video that you can email.
    That'll be great. I know it's just cheesy phone video, but I think it'll be fun. When I first got a phone with a camera (the black&white Sidekick), I had no interest in it at all. Then I started using it, and I found that I loved to take random pictures of...anything! Since then, I've become a certified phone camera nutcase. Just this afternoon I was walking along the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia and I snapped about 20 pictures. I know that if I have video capture I'll be shooting clips of everything. But half the fun is being able to email them to people. MMS is a pale substitute.
    01-09-08 07:20 PM
    I would like to see that feature added to the Facebook app. Its awesome that you can upload pictures but how cool would video be?! I don't know how much I would actually use it but it would be a cool feature.

01-09-08 07:39 PM
    No timeframe for BIS? Crap

01-09-08 08:24 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD