I have sprint. What all can i do with my tour? Change Internet browsers?
    03-28-11 01:54 AM
    Yes, you can change browsers. I recommend you read the BlackBerry 101 Lesson series that's under Help at the top of the forums. You'll find a wealth of customization info there.

Welcome to the Forums.
    03-28-11 05:48 AM
    BB101 is your friend. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 05:55 AM
    Indeed, welcome to CrackBerry!

The 101 Tutorials can be very helpful to build a base knowledge. Just as helpful can be reading through the Forums for different members' advice & expereiences. You'll often see some contradictory reports, mostly because your apps & usage make your BB uniquely yours.
    One tutorial I found particularly helpful was the one on Shortcuts:
    BlackBerry 101 - Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com

There some other browsers, of which the two most popular are Bolt and Opera Mini. The just released Opera Mini 6 has been getting very positive reviews.
    Honestly I've always just used the stock BB Browser.
    Check out this thread on customizing the Browser's settings:
    Browser Page Tiny???

If you search in the Tour Forum and the Apps Forum, you'll be able to find numerous threads on the "best" apps recommended by other members.

You probably already have BB App World on your Tour. That is the best place for free apps. AW has tons of them, and notifies you if a free app has upgrades.
    Also download the CB Superstore app. You'll find some apps there that aren't in App World. If you're going to buy an app, buy it from CB Superstore as long as it's available there. They offer better support and release updates more quickly than AW.

For the most part, just play around with your new BB. Hit the MENU key (the  key to left of Trackpad) on different screens to see available options, settings, functions, etc. And look in the Options app itself (wrench icon).

Enjoy your new toy, and see you in the Forums!
    Last edited by elite1; 03-28-11 at 06:21 AM.
    03-28-11 06:18 AM
    As the others have already stated, read and read a lot! Lots of great info in the How to tips forum. Also it may sound lame but there is a huge amount of info in your bb's help folder. The more you can learn the more you will understand and it is all worth it if you want to maximize your Blackberry experience. Welcome to CB. And always, have fun!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 02:03 PM
    Also it may sound lame but there is a huge amount of info in your bb's help folder. The more you can learn the more you will understand and it is all worth it if you want to maximize your Blackberry experience.
    Doesn't sound lame to me at all! I don't know why everyone's in such a hurry to get rid of their Help app, especially with a new OS. I shrink everything so it's less than 1MB, but i do keep it. I probably don't even look at it every month, but I've been happy to have it the 3 or 4 times I've needed it.
    03-29-11 08:58 PM
    Since you are new to BlackBerry, you might see some icons that you are not familiar with. This list should help. The Wi-Fi does not apply, since the 9630 does not have Wi-Fi.
    03-29-11 09:08 PM
    Since you are new to BlackBerry, you might see some icons that you are not familiar with. This list should help. The Wi-Fi does not apply, since the 9630 does not have Wi-Fi.
    Great idea Laura!

One little note for the OP and anyone else newer as well: please note that 3rd party themes may include customized notification icons as well.
    03-29-11 09:17 PM
    Nice welcome guys. I'ts posts like this that make the crackberry forums so popular.
    03-29-11 09:53 PM
    Howdy fellow KU fan! Read the 101 series...oh wait already said. :P

Honestly you can do a lot to make it pretty. If your phone isn't under warranty and you're feeling brave you might try putting a colored housing on there for fun maybe in a crimson and blue KU logo or something. You can do themes, get some apps (QuickLaunch, etc., do a search for top BB apps), or whatever. Some really good themes exist and I even saw there was a hybrid that used some OS 6 files (I'm not sure if it did the browser) for the Tour.
    03-30-11 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD