Hello all

Am new to blackberry, have posted in the newbies thread, but not many go in there so decided to post in here

I'm hoping to get my first BB tomorrow maybe, I can't decide which phone would be best for me, between the the 9320 curve and the 9360 curve. The reason I'm dithering really is I'm going from a touch screen samsung, I have sight problems and was wondering which was the better screen? and the best overall phone?

Any help greatly appreiciated
    12-19-12 09:45 AM
    Hi.

The 9360 has almost double the res of the 9320

Screen info for the 9360 is 360x480 or around 245 ppi while the 9320 is 240x320 and around 165 ppi, and both have the exact same screen size (2.4") Screen is better on the 9360. Battery life and talk/standby is better on the 9320. They both have fm radio and typing is almost the same across the board. The screen size is the same, but with the 9360 taking it in resolution. The 9360 is also a touch smaller (overall size) 9320 has a bigger capacity battery though (1450 mAH) as opposed to the 9360 which is smaller at 1000 mAH.
    12-19-12 09:56 AM
    Thank you!!

So in reality, they both have the same screen size? and its just down to screen resolution?
    Thats what was bothering me really, that the 9320 seems better on all things, its just the screen res i think.
    12-19-12 10:10 AM
    any particular reason for your change?
    12-19-12 10:12 AM
    I would suggest going for a bigger screen like Torch. But then again, if you can wait for another 43 days, then the L-series will launch and it's a full touchscreen phone, much like the Samsung you're accustomed to. The bonus is that it will run BB10, which is the latest and best OS out there to date.
    12-19-12 10:15 AM
    any particular reason for your change?
    for a change to blackberry? one of my family members has one and i love it for the way it works and its great for my particular sight problems, because you can increase the font size which actually increases it over everything on the phone, which is brilliant for me. On other phones, font increase only works on certain areas (i'm talking to you iphone!). Also, I think increasing the font also means the size on apps is increased as well? If so, this is also brilliant for me, as the size of font on apps is something I struggle with. I also wear hearing aids and find the sound volume and sound quality during calls is much better than other phones
    Last edited by GlamGemini; 12-19-12 at 10:55 AM.
    12-19-12 10:17 AM
    I would suggest going for a bigger screen like Torch. But then again, if you can wait for another 43 days, then the L-series will launch and it's a full touchscreen phone, much like the Samsung you're accustomed to. The bonus is that it will run BB10, which is the latest and best OS out there to date.
    I love love love the bb10 L series, it would be perfect. I'm wondering how expensive its going to be? If its not going to be too expensive, it would be perfect
    12-19-12 10:20 AM
    If your Samsung is still in working condition, I would suggest waiting couple of months. See the BB10 phone reviews, see the pricing and then can decide better.
    12-19-12 10:38 AM
    If your Samsung is still in working condition, I would suggest waiting couple of months. See the BB10 phone reviews, see the pricing and then can decide better.
    Yep the little samsung is going great guns, I can certainly hang onto it for a bit, get a good look at the BB10 when it comes out, which is what I would really like, it would be absolutely perfect for me. I'm just hoping the pricing is going to be good
    12-19-12 10:44 AM
    Thank you!!

So in reality, they both have the same screen size? and its just down to screen resolution?
    Thats what was bothering me really, that the 9320 seems better on all things, its just the screen res i think.
    That sounds about right.

Cheers,
    GlamGemini likes this.
    12-19-12 11:08 AM
    Hello all

Am new to blackberry, have posted in the newbies thread, but not many go in there so decided to post in here

I'm hoping to get my first BB tomorrow maybe, I can't decide which phone would be best for me, between the the 9320 curve and the 9360 curve. The reason I'm dithering really is I'm going from a touch screen samsung, I have sight problems and was wondering which was the better screen? and the best overall phone?

With the release of BlackBerry 10 smartphones only 2 months away you could wait for the all-touch BlackBerry 10 London.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    12-19-12 11:49 AM
    Hi!!

It's me again, am itching to get on the BlackBerry bandwagon, can't wait for BB10, but am wondering if its worth my while to buy a refurb 8900 curve to get me started. One of my family has this phone and its a great little phone.

Or am I better waiting it out for BB10? which i think is going to be too expensive for me at first?
    12-31-12 09:17 AM
    RIM has said it will be releasing a lower end (read lower price) BB10 device later in 2013. So you don't need to buy the more expensive first model in the early part of the year. I think your idea of buying the refurbished phone now and then the lower cost BB10 phone later is a good one, especially if you feel this choice will suit your needs.
    12-31-12 09:35 AM
    I love love love the bb10 L series, it would be perfect. I'm wondering how expensive its going to be? If its not going to be too expensive, it would be perfect
    Since you mention vision problems you might want to contact BlackBerry Support via their Twitter account for BlackBerry 10 to ask about font size changeability on the BlackBerry Z10.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    12-31-12 09:38 AM
    RIM has said it will be releasing a lower end (read lower price) BB10 device later in 2013. So you don't need to buy the more expensive first model in the early part of the year. I think your idea of buying the refurbished phone now and then the lower cost BB10 phone later is a good one, especially if you feel this choice will suit your needs.
    Hi!!

Thank you for replying, everybody's so friendly round here

Yeah, I thought this was a good idea as that way I can be using the refurb one and be waiting for BB10 lower budget device and reading up on how well BB10 is going, can't wait for that, hope it does well for them. Also, with the 8900, I'm not sure if I can use BB App World on it or not? I know it has an internet browser similar to the samsung tocco light I'm using at the moment.
    Last edited by GlamGemini; 12-31-12 at 10:07 AM.
    12-31-12 09:40 AM
    Release dates or more specifically rumours of product releases at some future date have burned many of the BlackBerry Loyalists. I no longer trust anything announced by Research In Motion until AFTER the product is actually available (not in beta form). How many "coming soon", "within 60 days", "Summer of <YEAR>" can we take before cynicism takes root in any rational person's mind?
    anon(3896606) and GlamGemini like this.
    12-31-12 09:44 AM
    It's the start of a New Year tomorrow. Fresh year = fresh belief that RIM will do as they say. It's a completely different executive and once the platform is launched manufacturing new devices is easier. Hopefully good execution will turn cynicism to belief but hey, we'll know better in a month or so.
    robkd and GlamGemini like this.
    12-31-12 10:28 AM
    Hi!!

It's me again, am itching to get on the BlackBerry bandwagon, can't wait for BB10, but am wondering if its worth my while to buy a refurb 8900 curve to get me started. One of my family has this phone and its a great little phone.

Or am I better waiting it out for BB10? which i think is going to be too expensive for me at first?
    I decided not to wait for BB10 because I expect them to be expensive. I bought a used Torch 9810 with OS 7, and I love it. It's very fast, with a 1.2 Ghz processor, and IMO it has the best options because it has a good sized touch screen but also has a trackball and a slide-out keyboard. You get the best of both worlds, easy pinch and zoom when browsing, keypad for typing emails and SMS, and even the trackball comes in very handy when you have small font menus.

I really like this phone, and I got it for a decent price, $150.00. It retailed just a year ago for $500. Now is the best time to buy any top OS7 phones with BB10 about to be released.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    12-31-12 10:36 AM
    Go register a comment on the Crackberry Santa's win a phone contest. Just leave a comment. You can pick your phone. But I am sure there would be nobody worthier with your sight problems. Plus we would all be pulling for you. But hurry up, contest ends at midnight!
    12-31-12 10:44 AM
    Hello all

9360 is slightly better then 9320
    unless you meant the touchscreen 9380 in which case definitely the 9360.

the 9360 is probably the best Curve, but the 9320 has slightly better battery
    GlamGemini likes this.
    12-31-12 10:49 AM
    Everybody is so friendly over here!!

Ahhh i'm too shy for the Crackberry Santa's win a phone contest and stuff like that. But i'll think about it hehe
    12-31-12 10:50 AM
    personally i use the 9810 slider which i love.
    but a curve is a nice way to get used to a blackberry
    hope you enjoy whatever you choose
    GlamGemini likes this.
    12-31-12 10:58 AM
    personally i use the 9810 slider which i love.
    but a curve is a nice way to get used to a blackberry
    hope you enjoy whatever you choose
    Thank you, thats what I thought about the curve as well.
    I looked at the 9810 slider one thought it was great. Hmm decisions decisions.
    12-31-12 11:01 AM
    Thank you, thats what I thought about the curve as well.
    I looked at the 9810 slider one thought it was great. Hmm decisions decisions.
    my first blackberry was a curve 8520
    The 9360 curve is a great phone though, and i believe it is the only smart phone that has a real radio, if you like listening to the radio that is.
    i got the 9810 to get used to touchscreen as i aim to get the London when it comes out.

But try going to a shop and playing about with each model. shops often have working display units out
    12-31-12 11:04 AM
    Maybe you should get the least expensive one and then you can upgrade when a bb10 phone comes out that is in your price range.
    12-31-12 11:10 AM
37 12