Upgrading to a smartphone on MOnday with SPRINT. I currently have a Older LG Rumor.. I am planning on upgrading to the BB 3G 9330. The only issue that worries me is the complaint on the reviews are the low resolution display... Am I going to be unhappy with the display on this phone?? Most of my use of this phone will be email, text, weather, maps, some pictures, and phone... I will use it on the internet sometimes to kill time, but not heavily...

Will I be happy with this phone? Wife got a Android(Samsung Intercept), and it is IMO nothing but junk.. Friend has DroidX, and it is awesome, but way out of my price range. I can't afford the Bold(9650), so the 3G 9330 is my next best choice.....

HELP!
    10-30-10 07:18 PM
    If you haven't already done so, take a look at the posts in the 9330 forum, http://forums.crackberry.com/f216/. Everybody will have opinions. What really matters is if you are satisfied. If you are not, return it for something else in the first 30 days. No one can tell you if you will be happy. You have to try it yourself.
    10-30-10 07:26 PM
    You will be fine with the 9330, its a solid device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 07:26 PM
    Welcome to the family! A dysfunctional one at times we may be, but a family none the less
    10-30-10 07:38 PM
    Upgrading to a smartphone on MOnday with SPRINT. I currently have a Older LG Rumor.. I am planning on upgrading to the BB 3G 9330. The only issue that worries me is the complaint on the reviews are the low resolution display... Am I going to be unhappy with the display on this phone?? Most of my use of this phone will be email, text, weather, maps, some pictures, and phone... I will use it on the internet sometimes to kill time, but not heavily...

Will I be happy with this phone? Wife got a Android(Samsung Intercept), and it is IMO nothing but junk.. Friend has DroidX, and it is awesome, but way out of my price range. I can't afford the Bold(9650), so the 3G 9330 is my next best choice.....

HELP!
    We are not you, therefore, we cannot tell you whether the screen resolution will satisfy you or not.

My advice, therefore, will be the following: find a nearby corporate store for the carrier you're interested in. I say a corporate store because they are more likely to have activated devices to play with. This is important as it allows you to test various features of devices you're interested in.

Spend plenty of time using the device(s) you're considering and then make your decision based on that time.
    10-30-10 07:47 PM
    The resolution and DPI is better than the LG Rumour, so if you find the screen of your older phone sufficient, this will be better.
    10-30-10 08:19 PM
    How can I keep my backlight on?I turned off auto dim and it still goes dim lol

10-31-10 11:31 AM
    Here's a thread that explains how screen lighting works: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/screen-dims-58562/. The battery saver features will over-ride your settings and first dim, then shut off the display lighting. You can control this behavior with the 3rd party app BBLight.

Another app that gives a similar capability is Leave It On.

I use Leave It On and recommend it. BBLight is an acceptable free alternative. Full Disclosure: the developer of Leave It On is a CB Moderator.
    10-31-10 11:33 AM
    Solved my problem. Picked up the new 9670 Style. First BB and awesome!

11-02-10 09:18 AM
    Well, see, there is a market for the Style afterall......

Thanks for updating us on your choice....
    11-02-10 11:26 AM
    Nice... Went and picked up the Style. Let us know how you like it. I need to stop in a store and get a hands on with one.

11-02-10 09:34 PM
    Solved my problem. Picked up the new 9670 Style. First BB and awesome!

Congrats on your selection. I think it is a good device. I visited a Sprint store Monday and had the opportunity to test one.
    11-03-10 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD