So my carrier is Verizon and I am in need of a new blackberry. Not sure what I should do. I currently have the curve (8330). I mostly use my bb for email and I do alot of facebook. Would love to have navigation on it. Not sure whether I should stick with what I have or wait a while for something better to come to verizon like the bold I was reading about? Any suggestions?
    05-04-10 09:24 AM
    Well, it's all kind of up to you. While the Bold 9650 is probably worth waiting for, it's not 100% necessary. The new 9650 comes with 512mb of memory, plus it will be able to run BlackBerry 6, plus it has WiFi and the Trackpad. However, when it comes out I anticipate that it will be really expensive, even with the upgrade, so if cost is a factor in your decision then this may not be the best route to go.

The Tour 9630 is a fine device, I've had mine since November and I've had no problems with it. It has 256mb of memory, 480x360 hi res screen, bold style keyboard, 3.2mp autofocus camera, it's really a nice device, and with OS 5.0 being available for it, makes it all the nicer. Plus, you can pick one up for a pretty good price.

There is also the Curve 8530, which you will probably find is fairly similar to your 8330. The screen is the same, camera is the same (8530 doesn't have a flash however), and the keyboard design is similar between the two. The 8530 also has 256mb of memory, and a faster processor than the 8330. It also comes pre-loaded with 5.0, which is nice as well.

If it were me, I'd go Curve or Tour, but you're not me... Any one of the 3 devices I listed will do e-mail and Facebook with relative ease, so it's up to you!
    05-04-10 09:36 AM
    Keep your 8330 for now and get the 9650 when it comes out which should be in a few weeks.
    05-04-10 10:07 AM
    any ideas on date and cost of the bold?
    05-04-10 12:09 PM
    A date hasn't been released for Verizon. For Sprint, the release date is May 23. So, it probably will be around that for Verizon.

Most likely, the device will be $199 after rebates. Less if you are eligible for any discounts (NE2, etc) on your account.
    05-04-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD