When BlackBerry becomes profitable... you assume that they would waste those profits to make another device with the BB10 OS that never made profits for them in the past? How would that be a good business move for BlackBerry?
    Exactly. The only question now is whether they stay in the Android hardware business.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-28-16 04:39 PM
    New BlackBerry 10 Device coming? COO says maybe
    I'll believe that when the March 2016 OS 10.3.3 update rolls out. We're only what, 5 months late so far?

Where did the forward thinking your-phone-replaces-your-laptop-and-pc go that brought us things like fast application switching, full document creation and editing on device, hub peek, etc? I thought BB bought a vritualization company and would be bringing us a new phone that ran multiple OS's or ran a sandbox for security and had multiple SIM cards, supported all networks on one device, and had direct-from-blackberry OS updates? What about the crazy patents I saw filed with ingenious new keyboards and other hardware? Where did the innovative company go?
    07-28-16 07:01 PM
    I'll believe that when the March 2016 OS 10.3.3 update rolls out. We're only what, 5 months late so far?

Where did the forward thinking your-phone-replaces-your-laptop-and-pc go that brought us things like fast application switching, full document creation and editing on device, hub peek, etc? I thought BB bought a vritualization company and would be bringing us a new phone that ran multiple OS's or ran a sandbox for security and had multiple SIM cards, supported all networks on one device, and had direct-from-blackberry OS updates? What about the crazy patents I saw filed with ingenious new keyboards and other hardware? Where did the innovative company go?
    The money ran out.

JeepBB likes this.
    07-28-16 10:05 PM
    Where did the innovative company go?
    To every corner of the Earth. Dan Dodge went to Apple. Oh wait, was that a rhetorical question?
    07-28-16 10:22 PM
    'Maybe' BB will get a decent CEO too ?
    08-08-16 09:44 PM
    The money ran out.

BIS is still paying the share options...for now
    08-08-16 09:45 PM
    'Maybe' BB will get a decent CEO too ?
    They have one.

BES with Good Suite, WatchDox, AtHoc, and SecureSmart were all on his watch.

Not to mention finally cutting the BB10 dead weight, and developing fantastic Android software. He may have also found a way to keep device hardware costs low enough to finally make a go of it.
    bberrist likes this.
    08-08-16 09:48 PM
    FIFY. Plenty of CrackBerry members want a new Android BlackBerry phone. I'm one of them, so you cannot claim there is zero demand.
    OK 0 + 1
    Orange UK likes this.
    08-08-16 09:50 PM
    They have one.

BES with Good Suite, WatchDox, and SecureSmart were all on his watch.

Not to mention finally cutting the BB10 dead weight, and developing fantastic Android software. He may have also found a way to keep device hardware costs low enough to finally make a go of it.
    Develop fantastic Android software, BB did not do that...Google sure as hell have not either mate!

Crackberry has become a sales outlet for a failing company, it used to be quite impartial...
    08-08-16 09:53 PM
    OK 0 + 1
    Indeed, but you have to give the OP credit, people want BBA phones - just less than the whole Windows Phone marketshare worldwide! Maybe they will get there, premium hardware Android BB phone like the Porsche model$ - BB shares will go through the roof lol

First rule of business, sell to the masses first then the niche, right product, right price, right place. Not really seeing BB succeed at either in years...
    acovey likes this.
    08-08-16 09:57 PM
    Develop fantastic Android software, BB did not do that...Google sure as hell have not either mate!

Crackberry has become a sales outlet for a failing company, it used to be quite impartial...
    The BlackBerry Android app suite is fantastic. You obviously have not spent a lot of time with it. Check out Cobalt's thread on BlackBerry apps for other Android devices - it's one of the most active threads on this site, with a lot of excited users.

BlackBerry has done a great job of adding value to MM. Hardening, Integrity Detection, and DTEK are no small achievements.
    08-08-16 09:59 PM
    The BlackBerry Android app suite is fantastic. You obviously have not spent a lot of time with it. Check out Cobalt's thread on BlackBerry apps for other Android devices - it's one of the most active threads on this site, with a lot of excited users.

BlackBerry has done a great job of adding value to MM. Hardening, Integrity Detection, and DTEK are no small achievements.
    Android, would not touch it with a barge pole...been there wore the tee. BB needs to add value to its own divisions not a outsiders OS. So infact these are small achievements - people are not buying them behind the smallest market share OS - Windoh's Phone.
    08-08-16 10:11 PM
    Love to see a bold9900 style bb10....

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    "The classic"

SQC 100-3Classic
    08-08-16 10:15 PM
    "The classic"

SQC 100-3Classic
    Nope. Not as pocketable as the 9900.

*A3-A20
    hendri tjhia likes this.
    08-08-16 10:18 PM
    Nope. Not as pocketable as the 9900.

*A3-A20
    Still got mine, with my PB and a iOS 5s as my main device, for anything securely I go PB via bridge, I saw BB10 failing, read back my posts. Android BB ? oh my... why dont I just post my card and account numbers all around the web.
    08-08-16 10:24 PM
    Android, would not touch it with a barge pole...been there wore the tee. BB needs to add value to its own divisions not a outsiders OS. So infact these are small achievements - people are not buying them behind the smallest market share OS - Windoh's Phone.
    OK, so you are not in any position to gauge the quality of the BlackBerry software on Android. You seemed to have a strong opinion on something you never saw or used.
    08-08-16 10:33 PM
    OK, so you are not in any position to gauge the quality of the BlackBerry software on Android. You seemed to have a strong opinion on something you never saw or used.
    I used plenty BB devices, I like most customers were in a position to bin BB as main devices. BB10 returned. Like most consumers also gauge Android on any device as a poor security system.

BB could not turn around public perception of themselves from a market high of mobile security, did the CEO really think he could turn around Androids security public perc�ption with a BB logo....lunacy.

Reminds me of MG cars, early Rover MG logos and then SAIC...them MG's are still not selling a decade later after the SAIC takeover.
    Last edited by Orange UK; 08-08-16 at 11:35 PM.
    08-08-16 10:51 PM
    They have one.

BES with Good Suite, WatchDox, AtHoc, and SecureSmart were all on his watch.

This reminds me of that scene from Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey sold their van for an underpowered moped. Good going, Chen! Just when we thought you couldn't do anything any dumber you do something to totally redeem yourself!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 01:24 AM
    This reminds me of that scene from Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey sold their van for an underpowered moped. Good going, Chen! Just when we thought you couldn't do anything any dumber you do something to totally redeem yourself!

Posted via CB10
    Dumb and dumber would be continuing BB10. While Android BlackBerry handsets only have a small chance, it can never lose the money BB10 lost and was continuing to lose. Ever.....

08-09-16 12:49 PM
    Dumb and dumber would be continuing BB10. While Android BlackBerry handsets only have a small chance, it can never lose the money BB10 lost and was continuing to lose. Ever.....

Why not BB USP - BIS on updated hardware, pre BB10 OS on PB...watch the cash roll in. No we will throw Android to the wind and see where it takes us...

BIS products for consumers could have kept income high and BB(Pro)10 engineers employed. Instead...Android...hoping Kansas will get another storm and Dorothy will carry BBA handsets around the world, instead of reality - them falling to the ground, BB cant work out what gravity is...decades behind civilisation.

Shakes head.
    08-09-16 05:45 PM
    The great irony about them being a 'software company' is that their software isn't particularly great.

And these new Android phones are ... 'not particularly great' either.

So sad.
    Orange UK likes this.
    08-09-16 06:04 PM
    Shakes head.
    Shakes head.
    08-09-16 06:05 PM
    Why not BB USP - BIS on updated hardware, pre BB10 OS on PB...watch the cash roll in. No we will throw Android to the wind and see where it takes us...

BIS products for consumers could have kept income high and BB(Pro)10 engineers employed. Instead...Android...hoping Kansas will get another storm and Dorothy will carry BBA handsets around the world, instead of reality - them falling to the ground, BB cant work out what gravity is...decades behind civilisation.

Shakes head.
    If I remember correctly carriers were glad to get away from BIS. They hated having to pay BlackBerry for it. I don't know what it actually cost them to have it but they were basically tripping over themselves to get out of BIS contracts. Carriers are apparently cheap (Lol how many big businesses aren't) and preferred to sell iPhone and android with no fee to their manufacturers. Even if an updated BIS was only 99 cents per phone I'm not sure carriers would cooperate. Big business doesn't like to spend what they don't have too.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-09-16 07:47 PM
    If I remember correctly carriers were glad to get away from BIS. They hated having to pay BlackBerry for it. I don't know what it actually cost them to have it but they were basically tripping over themselves to get out of BIS contracts. Carriers are apparently cheap (Lol how many big businesses aren't) and preferred to sell iPhone and android with no fee to their manufacturers. Even if an updated BIS was only 99 cents per phone I'm not sure carriers would cooperate. Big business doesn't like to spend what they don't have too.
    It was simple. Every dollar or $5 in Blackberry's pocket was not in carrier's pocket. That's just business.
    Plus, no business likes to rely on another business if they don't have too. Now carriers have entire control of calls/text/data.
    08-09-16 09:50 PM

You know the best way to guarantee that you don't lose any money? You fold up the company. But if you manage defensively like Chen for years and don't innovate, you are guaranteed for failure.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 03:57 AM
364 ... 7891011 ...