I have it from a reliable source that the BB10 device to be released will actually be the PlayBook SE (Silver Edition).

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 07-12-16 at 03:52 AM.
    07-12-16 03:42 AM
    More likely the next BB10 device release will be a medical device.... and will have very little of what we would call BB10 in it. Maybe a 300 MB installation.
    07-12-16 07:18 AM
    Chen is under pressure to moderate his Android push.

One more BB10 phone could sell millions of devices.

The new Android devices will flop as well.
    Rather bold claims.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-12-16 07:21 AM
    Very bold. I was really pleasantly surprised at how nice the Priv is, it's too bad BB didn't treat it as a loss leader, it could've been a good introduction for their Droid lineup.

Only way another BB10 device could come out is if they have some success with one or two upcoming devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 08:34 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Love to see a bold9900 style bb10....

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 09:00 AM
    Very bold. I was really pleasantly surprised at how nice the Priv is, it's too bad BB didn't treat it as a loss leader, it could've been a good introduction for their Droid lineup.

Only way another BB10 device could come out is if they have some success with one or two upcoming devices.

Posted via CB10
    Either way... success or failure, don't see a new BB10 smartphone being a possibility.

If Android fails, there won't be money to go back and do the things to make BB10 a viable product. Hardware will simply end.
    If Android is a success, it will be a just breaking even success.. and still no money or real reason to return to BB10.

If somehow Android is a runaway success and they sell millions and millions... then why look back at BB10?
    07-12-16 09:01 AM
    Hi all,

Saw this article on Bloomberg just now. I can't seem to find the interview that COO Marty Beard is being quoted in but at least the Bloomberg link has some info.

Who knows what the actual scenario is but I think the media reports of the "Classic" being dead or discontinued has been all over the Internet. It can't be helpful to see these type of reports when your on the verge of launching a new or potentially 3 new devices, Android or not!

Have a read and discuss below!
    BlackBerry Won?t Rule Out New Phone Running on its BB10 System - Bloomberg

Posted via CB10
    Thanks OP . To me it is just a speculation .
    07-12-16 09:33 AM
    It's not over if it makes sense for them to make another BB10 phone. Stranger things have happened. The OS does not need any additions other than keeping the browser up with changes to internet protocols.
    It is over. It doesn't make sense for BlackBerry to make another BB10 phone. It won't happen.

BlackBerry is protecting its investment in BB10, while there are still a significant number of existing customers using it, while they still have unsold stock of BB10 devices, and while they work on getting their new line of Android phones into production.
    07-12-16 10:00 AM
    It's not over if it makes sense for them to make another BB10 phone. Stranger things have happened. The OS does not need any additions other than keeping the browser up with changes to internet protocols.
    It makes no sense - BB10 is the value destroyer - it's cost billions and never turned a cent in profit.
    JeepBB and Witmen like this.
    07-12-16 10:53 AM
    Carrying around two devices all the time does not seem very productive.
    What if you have a requirement for two numbers? I'd carry one BlackBerry and nothing else if I could get a way to have two numbers associated with it. Not including VoIP. Has to be cellular lol.
    07-12-16 10:57 AM
    Anyway, they still need to release the gorgeous bronze Classic running BB10, as promised.
    07-12-16 10:58 AM
    Anyway, they still need to release the gorgeous bronze Classic running BB10, as promised.
    Well if we are going to hold BlackBerry to their promises.......
    07-12-16 11:01 AM
    What if you have a requirement for two numbers? I'd carry one BlackBerry and nothing else if I could get a way to have two numbers associated with it. Not including VoIP. Has to be cellular lol.
    Start a petition for a dual sim BlackBerry?
    07-12-16 11:31 AM
    Start a petition for a dual sim BlackBerry?
    That's the thing, many phones out there today are capable of running dual sims... seems like the Galaxy S7 has that capability out of the box.

Strange the BlackBerry has never offered a dual sim device... that was probably the biggest missing feature on the Z3 when in was launched in Indonesia. And BlackBerry was aware of the need for dual SIMS in those emerging markets as they bought that company that did the software SIMS... but that never went anywhere.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-12-16 11:48 AM
    The interview was given to Bloomberg. Same as CrackBerry, in case anyone was wondering it's 'accuracy'.

BlackBerry has not ruled out another BlackBerry 10 device | CrackBerry.com
    I have to ask a question, if I may? Is hub finally working on Priv, close to OS 10.
    CmdrStraker and IndianTiwari like this.
    07-12-16 12:23 PM
    Agreed. 1 Phone. 'Less is more'.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    07-12-16 03:09 PM
    I have lost faith and have a hard time believing they will make another BB10 phone. I have already moved on though so no biggie anymore, but still have and use my passport for work email and just noticed the other day that the screen is lifting again 6 months after they supposedly fixed it!
    07-12-16 03:20 PM
    Hi all,

Saw this article on Bloomberg just now. I can't seem to find the interview that COO Marty Beard is being quoted in but at least the Bloomberg link has some info.

Who knows what the actual scenario is but I think the media reports of the "Classic" being dead or discontinued has been all over the Internet. It can't be helpful to see these type of reports when your on the verge of launching a new or potentially 3 new devices, Android or not!

Have a read and discuss below!
    BlackBerry Won?t Rule Out New Phone Running on its BB10 System - Bloomberg

Posted via CB10
    When I asked my local fortune teller if I would win the lottery. She said the same thing, Maybe
    viljar likes this.
    07-12-16 10:59 PM
    A new BBOS device would also be welcome.
    acovey likes this.
    07-13-16 12:32 AM
    I have Passport and Priv as my daily drivers. I use the Passport for emails and Priv for phone calls and apps and the rear camera. The best part is I have Unlimited Global Blackberry Data plan and Using Multi Sim Cards ( Two sim cards Same Number ) for both devices . I have luxury to switch the devices. Yes you are absolutely correct that it may not be very productive to carry two devices but in my case I have made it productive for my advantage.
    07-13-16 02:55 AM
    I have to ask a question, if I may? Is hub finally working on Priv, close to OS 10.
    HUb on the Priv is in evolving stages but it has widely improved with the updates . Still it is not close to the OS 10 legendary Hub .
    anon(9742832), BeautyEh and jegs2 like this.
    07-13-16 02:58 AM
    I think this just a reaction...

Do you follow the "Inside BlackBerry " blog and those executives on Twitter?

You should read the comments to "Classic is gone" and "The keyboard is here to stay".

BlackBerry-fans/users turned this into "we want OS10" instead a "we want a keyboard-Android device".

More reactions to OS10 than to new Android devices - I think this was NOT the reaction they wanted to see.

So to calm the situation down, they tweeted their dedication to OS10.

That's how I see it.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 06:05 AM
    I would come back to BlackBerry if they built something worth buying on BB10. I hated the priv and that sent me over to Samsung 7SEdge. I love the edge but would love a hard keyboard. I have a black , white and silver passport and a classic. My problem is they are now long in the tooth and I like something new all the time I don't keep phones more than a year. So hears to getting a new device from BlackBerry that's hot I can't wait to get one!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-13-16 06:17 AM
    Maybe they have a couple of big corporate clients heading for contract renewal? Would make sense to build a new phone if they had a fairly nailed on order book otherwise why bother wasting cash as history suggests they won't market their way to more sales.
    07-14-16 02:51 AM
    Maybe they have a couple of big corporate clients heading for contract renewal? Would make sense to build a new phone if they had a fairly nailed on order book otherwise why bother wasting cash as history suggests they won't market their way to more sales.
    nobody is buying enough BB10 devices for that to make sense.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    07-14-16 07:02 AM
364 1234 ...