Hi all,

Saw this article on Bloomberg just now. I can't seem to find the interview that COO Marty Beard is being quoted in but at least the Bloomberg link has some info.

Who knows what the actual scenario is but I think the media reports of the "Classic" being dead or discontinued has been all over the Internet. It can't be helpful to see these type of reports when your on the verge of launching a new or potentially 3 new devices, Android or not!

Have a read and discuss below!
    BlackBerry Won?t Rule Out New Phone Running on its BB10 System - Bloomberg

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 03:49 PM
    No chance in hell will they make another BB10 device, it would be pointless.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    07-11-16 03:58 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry has ever said that they wouldn't send a man to the moon either....

It's not what they won't say, it's what they are saying... Android is their future. BB10 is probably a few hundred thousand phones that need to be sold and supported for the next year....
    07-11-16 04:00 PM
    I'd get Priv hardware with BB10 OS.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    07-11-16 04:41 PM
    Hi all,

Saw this article on Bloomberg just now. I can't seem to find the interview that COO Marty Beard is being quoted in but at least the Bloomberg link has some info.

Who knows what the actual scenario is but I think the media reports of the "Classic" being dead or discontinued has been all over the Internet. It can't be helpful to see these type of reports when your on the verge of launching a new or potentially 3 new devices, Android or not!

Have a read and discuss below!
    BlackBerry Won?t Rule Out New Phone Running on its BB10 System - Bloomberg

Posted via CB10
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 05:42 PM
    Still have BB10 devices on pallets? Check

Floats non-denial denial that moves the pallets. Check.
    07-11-16 05:47 PM
    I know I shouldn't get my hopes up to much with this, but I felt genuinely excited when I read this... Here's hoping...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 06:14 PM
    If only..........

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 06:17 PM
    “The market doesn’t seem to understand. It talks about them as very binary,” Beard said. The company’s decisions will be driven by what its customers want, whether that’s pure BB10 phones or Android-based ones, he said. BlackBerry is still selling its Leap and Passport BB10 phones.
    Translation; if customers provide a market for profitable BB10 phones we'll make them. Totally consistent with what Chen's been saying that the market will determine BB's device strategy. Problem is BB10 was never profitable nor is there a scenario of profitability, otherwise we'd have a commitment to a BB10 device in 2017.
    JeepBB and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-11-16 06:22 PM
    The interview was given to Bloomberg. Same as CrackBerry, in case anyone was wondering it's 'accuracy'.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-key...erry-10-device
    07-11-16 06:24 PM
    If there is the possibility of another OS10 device being released. I would think Blackberry would be doing what ever it took to get OS10 app developers back on board? Just a thought.
    07-11-16 06:43 PM
    I know I shouldn't get my hopes up to much with this, but I felt genuinely excited when I read this... Here's hoping...

Posted via CB10
    You and me both, my friend.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 08:42 PM
    IMHO They need to do one of two things to make BB10 viable and potentially profitable for now.

1. Get far enough in bed with "the Google" to have them allow an up to date runtime with full Google Play Store and Google Play Services on BB10.

2. (My preference) Get far enough in bed with "the Google" to have them allow a BB10 phone to use Balance to put BB10 on one side with no Android runtime, and Full Android on the other side with all available Google services. This would be a perfect solution to having one set of phones serving both BB10 users and Android users. My phone would stay on the BB10 side about 95% of the time but I understand the critical importance of having properly working apps available to ALL of us.

Admittedly I am not a big app guy but almost everyone uses some specialized app that will certainly not be available on BB10. For me I use a subscription swim meet results app that only works for me thanks to Cobalt.

It is also time, if BlackBerry wants to stay in the device business, to END the uncertainty. They need to announce and deliver phones on a proper schedule. They also must END the regular practice of missing every announced time frame for devices and updates. It would also help if they could design, produce, and deliver a device before it is a year out of date spec wise. This continues to erode the loyalty of the few long time customers that they have left!

Just my BlackBerry recommendation of the day but are they finally listening? My 2nd PlayBook is still waiting for its BB10 update BlackBerry. Can you hear me now?

BlackBerry since the thumb wheel and hoping to stay BlackBerry!

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    DreadPirateRegan and sid89 like this.
    07-11-16 08:49 PM
    "Investors should realize that BlackBerry�s Android software is just as unique to the company as BB10, Beard said. BlackBerry is pulling all the top features from BB10 and adding it to its Android system, creating a hybrid that has the best of both worlds, he said."

Really ?? Love to see more of BB10 "influences" on their Android devices but right now the Hub and VKB seem to be the main crossovers.
    BeautyEh likes this.
    07-11-16 09:15 PM
    If there is the possibility of another OS10 device being released. I would think Blackberry would be doing what ever it took to get OS10 app developers back on board? Just a thought.
    Exactly.
    07-11-16 09:27 PM
    All you app freaks: the people that would buy new BB10 phones already have a second phone for apps that they must have. I have two Android phones laying around for social apps.

I would never leave BB10 if they keep it going -- even with zero apps.

Posted via CB10
    lactose and Alvin Loh like this.
    07-11-16 09:41 PM
    All you app freaks: the people that would buy new BB10 phones already have a second phone for apps that they must have. I have two Android phones laying around for social apps.

Posted via CB10
    Carrying around two devices all the time does not seem very productive.
    schwede, glwerry and LuvULongTime like this.
    07-11-16 09:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    99% of those app freaks carry one phone, and its not a Blackberry. Less than 1% of smartphone sales is not going to save BB10.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    07-12-16 12:05 AM
    Carrying around two devices all the time does not seem very productive.
    Ouch! Some of us enjoy keeping work and personal stuff separate.

*A3-A20
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    07-12-16 12:38 AM
    Beard referred to a pure BB10 device. That could be a new enterprise phone with no run time.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 12:50 AM
    When does 10.3.4 release?
    07-12-16 01:23 AM
    When does 10.3.4 release?
    Sometime next year.

*A3-A20
    07-12-16 01:31 AM
    Chen is seeing how sticky sales are for the Passport. He is under pressure to moderate his Android push. One more BB10 phone could sell millions of devices where as the Priv(vy) floundered since day 1. The new Android devices will flop as well. The fake BB10 experience on Android is not nearly enough to sell overpriced devices to non-Blackberry loyalists. (The loyalists are still using their BB10 phones.)
    Last edited by markmall; 07-12-16 at 02:57 AM.
    acovey and deadcowboy like this.
    07-12-16 02:39 AM
    They're just saying this so they can dump the rest of the BB10 hardware they have stockpiled. It's so blatantly obvious.

It would make zero sense for them to make new BB10 phones and it would be especially bad to make ones without the android runtime (as someone here mentioned.)

BB10 is not getting any more significant updates. They're three months behind on 10.3.3 and people seem to keep forgetting that Chen fired nearly all of the BB10 staff. There's nobody left to make it happen. It's over.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    07-12-16 02:54 AM
    They're just saying this so they can dump the rest of the BB10 hardware they have stockpiled. It's so blatantly obvious.

It would make zero sense for them to make new BB10 phones and it would be especially bad to make ones without the android runtime (as someone here mentioned.)

BB10 is not getting any more significant updates. They're three months behind on 10.3.3 and people seem to keep forgetting that Chen fired nearly all of the BB10 staff. There's nobody left to make it happen. It's over.

Posted via CB10
    It's not over if it makes sense for them to make another BB10 phone. Stranger things have happened. The OS does not need any additions other than keeping the browser up with changes to internet protocols.
    Gebo likes this.
    07-12-16 03:23 AM
364 123 ...