is there any way to download this bbm beta?

thank you
    02-04-14 04:51 AM
    is there any way to download this bbm beta?

thank you
    Unfortunately, I don't think so. I think the beta releases are specific to the phone/pin. Hopefully we should be seeing an update in BB world soon.
    02-04-14 09:21 AM
    I agree with the OP. Glympse integration with BBM is useful. Have used it myself to let my wife know how a trip was going. Worked perfectly.
    02-04-14 10:28 AM
    Does it also show Peyton Manning running around like a lunatic and throwing up ducks???
    02-04-14 11:07 AM
    For those of you who aren't part of the BBM 10.3 beta, I have to tell you how awesome this new Glympse feature is. Basically, it allows you to share your real-time location with a BBM contact for a set amount of time, after which, it expires and they can't see your location anymore. When i first saw this feature, I thought it was neat, but was struggling to think of a practical use for it - yesterday, it came to me!

1. My wife is pretty neurotic when i go on long driving trips for work, and is always calling me to check in. Yesterday, I had to drive from San Diego up to LA, so i shared my location with her for 3 hours - everytime she thought of calling, she said she just checked Glympse and could see that all was good. win-win!

2. I have a friend who lives half way between the two locations, who was coming to help me with my work event yesterday, so i told him i would pick him up. Instead of messaging him when I thought i was close, I shared my location with him as well - he could see exactly when I got off at his exit, and know i was close.

I'm sure other people will find other uses for Glympse, but these are just two that were convenient for me, and I was blown away with how convenient it was. I'm hoping BBM 10.3 gets released soon so all of you guys can try it out!

Enjoy the superbowl ... go Broncos!
    This is actually really cool. I can definitely see the usefulness. Puts a new meaning into "I'll be there in X".
    02-04-14 11:49 AM
    everyone's really anxious to have someone be able to follow their every move...
    02-04-14 12:00 PM
    everyone's really anxious to have someone be able to follow their every move...
    Sigh.... it's only when you allow it and for the time frame you decide on.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:14 PM
    Sigh.... it's only when you allow it and for the time frame you decide on.

Posted via CB10
    here's a tic tac. ok so let me say differently as to satisfy you: so everyone's really anxious to have someone to follow their every move, allowing when and how long they can do so. happy now? still meh. just text me an address.
    02-04-14 12:27 PM
    here's a tic tac. ok so let me say differently as to satisfy you: so everyone's really anxious to have someone to follow their every move, allowing when and how long they can do so. happy now? still meh. just text me an address.
    Again, they aren't following your "every move", just the moves you choose to share. Get it? And thanks for the tic tac.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    02-04-14 12:33 PM
    Again, they aren't following your "every move", just the moves you choose to share. Get it? And thanks for the tic tac.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. This feature is fantastic. In this world you are often in a hurry and can't send a text location every minute when you need to meet someone. I can't wait to use it. Will be very helpful when meeting someone. For some people, like myself, I'm eager to use this feature. Sounds like continual improvement to an already excellent OS and apps that is happening all the time.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Again? you forget it's your first time mentioning it? jeez, i was being sarcastic anyway. i can tell you take things too literally when you read them. it's not that i didn't get it. this is old news... did everyone forget that Latitude on Google Maps did this?

And to @stardomains, i understand you're in such a hurry but you still need to pull out your phone and tap away to use this feature. but you did make a point, that it's for some people, like yourself.
    Last edited by extisis; 02-05-14 at 01:51 PM.
    02-04-14 12:50 PM
    Again? you forget it's your first time mentioning it? jeez, i was being sarcastic anyway. i can tell you take things too literally when you read them. it's not that i didn't get it. this is old news... did everyone forget that Latitude on Google Maps did and does this?

And to @stardomains, i understand you're in such a hurry but you still need to pull out your phone and tap away to use this feature. but you did make a point, that it's for some people, like yourself.

Why is it that every time I encounter one of your posts, you're getting in a tedious argument with someone?

Personally I think apps like this are fine. It's the apps and platforms and service providers that are collecting and sharing all sorts of data without your knowledge or consent that I have an issue with.
    habs_fan likes this.
    02-05-14 01:08 AM
    For those of you who aren't part of the BBM 10.3 beta, I have to tell you how awesome this new Glympse feature is. Basically, it allows you to share your real-time location with a BBM contact for a set amount of time, after which, it expires and they can't see your location anymore. When i first saw this feature, I thought it was neat, but was struggling to think of a practical use for it - yesterday, it came to me!

1. My wife is pretty neurotic when i go on long driving trips for work, and is always calling me to check in. Yesterday, I had to drive from San Diego up to LA, so i shared my location with her for 3 hours - everytime she thought of calling, she said she just checked Glympse and could see that all was good. win-win!

2. I have a friend who lives half way between the two locations, who was coming to help me with my work event yesterday, so i told him i would pick him up. Instead of messaging him when I thought i was close, I shared my location with him as well - he could see exactly when I got off at his exit, and know i was close.

I'm sure other people will find other uses for Glympse, but these are just two that were convenient for me, and I was blown away with how convenient it was. I'm hoping BBM 10.3 gets released soon so all of you guys can try it out!

I am really looking forward to this, for similar reasons. I used to use Latitude with specific contacts for the same reasons as you, and then Latitude basically imploded. Looking forward to having this feature.
    02-05-14 06:11 AM
    Why is it that every time I encounter one of your posts, you're getting in a tedious argument with someone?

Personally I think apps like this are fine. It's the apps and platforms and service providers that are collecting and sharing all sorts of data without your knowledge or consent that I have an issue with.
    what does that have to do with anything? and what tedious argument are you speaking of? not my fault someone gets offended on the forums. i didn't say the app wasn't "fine". of course, it's fine if it suits someone, i was just stating my opinion that certain people didn't like so much. I even mentioned that Google Latitude has been doing this exact thing since BBOS phones. but no one acknowledges that, just the argument. you catching a theme of the forums? nothing new here. thanks for following me though, feels like twitter.
    02-05-14 01:47 PM
    I am really looking forward to this, for similar reasons. I used to use Latitude with specific contacts for the same reasons as you, and then Latitude basically imploded. Looking forward to having this feature.
    at least someone remembers Latitude
    02-05-14 01:48 PM
    Can it be kept to permanently share with set folk?

Sent from my Z10
    02-05-14 01:51 PM

• what does that have to do with anything?
    • and what tedious argument are you speaking of?
    • not my fault someone gets offended on the forums.
    • i didn't say the app wasn't "fine".
    • i was just stating my opinion that certain people didn't like so much.
    • I even mentioned that...

Case is rested.
    02-05-14 08:54 PM
    Can it be kept to permanently share with set folk?

Sent from my Z10
    No, the max you can set it to share your location is for 4 hours. Once the four hours is up, it will expire and they won't be able to see your location anymore.
    hamza817 likes this.
    02-05-14 09:27 PM
    Case is rested.
    aw you missed the rest of the quotes, they were good! ;-)
    02-06-14 12:15 AM
    Anyone know how to change the speed to km/h? Android version has the trail, so you can see the historic route. Do we not get that? And where is the speed on the arrow?
    Last complaint, why can you share in a multi person chat but not a group?! Seems like that's the perfect situation to use it.

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 and rai187 like this.
    02-15-14 05:27 PM

I totally understand point #1, especially when i used to ride my bike, my girlfriend is always worrying whether i go to my destination safely, I simply sent her a Glympse and ride on
    02-15-14 08:57 PM
    Must not let my boss know this feature. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    02-15-14 09:04 PM
    Anyone know how to change the speed to km/h? Android version has the trail, so you can see the historic route. Do we not get that? And where is the speed on the arrow?
    Last complaint, why can you share in a multi person chat but not a group?! Seems like that's the perfect situation to use it.

Posted via CB10
    Iphone has the trail too. I wonder if apple made BlackBerry give them exclusive features to allow the app to be available?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:42 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry gave the better features to iphone and android. Dicks

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    02-15-14 10:44 PM
    Those are the little details that they just don't seem to get still.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:46 PM
115 ... 2345