Stupid question here for guys form BlackBerry, why won't BlackBerry apply Glypmse to pictures too so I can delete snapchat from my Z10?
    This would be a good idea.

Something that could be used for channels

Eg 1 day limited offer that disappears
    02-03-14 04:43 AM
    I want that so bad. sometimes you have to pick up someone and it's always calling several times to tell where I am/she is, if the train is late etc pp.
    02-03-14 04:54 AM
    I really hope the beta BBM gets out to everyone this week!
    sk8er_tor, ghundiraj and extisis like this.
    02-03-14 05:49 AM
    I want that so bad. sometimes you have to pick up someone and it's always calling several times to tell where I am/she is, if the train is late etc pp.

Personally I really miss the BlackBerry Traffic app from legacy BBOS.

One of its handy features is that it can send a canned update message of your choosing to the person at the destination point (or anyone else you configured) along with your ETA based on your current location and speed.
    00stryder and Mecca EL like this.
    02-03-14 05:52 AM
    No use for us Pakistani users because BlackBerry Maps doesn't work here.
    It's 2014 and we don't have a native maps app. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 05:56 AM
    No use for us Pakistani users because BlackBerry Maps doesn't work here.
    It's 2014 and we don't have a native maps app. Sigh.

There are several 3rd-party apps for BB10 that have Pakistan map data.

Including native BB10 apps. BeMaps Pro comes to mind. (Uses Google map data) Also Mireo Don't Panic (Uses Nokia/Telenav data), and various others. (Some of which use those data sources, and some use open-source mapping data)
    02-03-14 07:11 AM
    Yeah ... TTC (Toronto's transit system) doesn't have it yet. It is the same poor city planning that has plagued Toronto for many years. Take the decision to only have one highway into downtown Toronto from the North. Now Torontonians have one of the longest average commutes in major international cities. Just one big parking lot for most of the day.

While it is easier to add WIFI access to subway system than to add highways, it will still take some time. I heard they signed a deal to implement in the TTC, and they have commenced a pilot at a couple stations, but the full rollout is not targeted until 2016 (I think that is what I heard). It is times like this that you see how amazing the subway system is in Hong Kong. Years ahead of Toronto. Toronto still needs to install the "anti-suicide" door system that Hong Kong has as well.

My only gripes with this is that it doesn't work underground. I live in downtown Toronto and most of the time I am on the move, I'm in the subway with no signal........
    No wi-fi in your underground(/metro/subway) stations?
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-03-14 07:18 AM
    If only BB can make up their mind and have this BBM available for the entire BETA users then the release should be getting closer. However till to date not all BETA user have this privilege not even for BB10 users. So, I recons we are seeing something still much much further release date.
    02-03-14 07:40 AM
    For anyone who wants to see the BBM beta in action, check out this video: Hands on with the latest BBM beta for BlackBerry 10 - oozing with awesomeness! | CrackBerry.com
    02-03-14 07:53 AM
    I reckon you could have something now, though not on BBM... The App Glympse is available cross-platform iOS, Android, WinPhone, and BB and shows locations of other phones on a map. It can be used as OP describes.
    Glympse was one of the apps, and reasons, that I liked using Android.
    02-03-14 08:31 AM
    If only BB can make up their mind and have this BBM available for the entire BETA users then the release should be getting closer. However till to date not all BETA user have this privilege not even for BB10 users. So, I recons we are seeing something still much much further release date.
    They have made up their mind. It isn't.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-03-14 08:59 AM
    It's all from within the BBM app.
    The videos I've seen send a link to the recipient to view the map, which opens up in a web browser.
    02-03-14 11:38 AM
    Fascinating
    extisis likes this.
    02-03-14 12:38 PM
    No wi-fi in your underground(/metro/subway) stations?
    No, but also no GPS. :P

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:47 PM
    Since it appears to be under the control of the monitored user, I suppose I am not so sure that's the case.

If what you are thinking is if they find out about it they will DEMAND that their spouse enable it so they can track them wherever they go, that's kind of OCD'ish.

If a couple has that much mutual distrust, they've got bigger problems than smartphone features.
    You must be single...
    00stryder and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    02-03-14 06:04 PM
    You must be single...
    Lol some of us are actually happy/semi-trusted in our committed relationships.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    02-03-14 07:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sure, give it time...

J/k... sorta...
    BCITMike and 00stryder like this.
    02-03-14 08:00 PM

Took the words right outta my keyboard.
    00stryder likes this.
    02-03-14 08:21 PM
    Sure, give it time...

J/k... sorta...
    Debbie Downer

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:43 PM
    A lot of people are NOT going to want their spouses to find out about this feature - can't see it selling in France at all!
    Anybody who could possibly be concerned about their spouses knowing where they are, have a much deeper issue than the Glympse feature. The software isn't the problem, it's the person who's being shady that is the problem. Granted, I'm not saying the person being monitored is the shady party per se. If my significant other made it a point to monitor me at all times while I know that I have clean hands, I'd probably question her integrity or mental state and re-think the relationship (or at the very least, vault a boatload of "relationship/argument credits" each time she demanded I send a Glympse and finds that I'm exactly where I said I was). But then too... I'm not one to say "I'll be home in a few" when I know full well I'm hangin out with the guys after work and may be hours getting home.
    02-03-14 09:43 PM
    Wow, didn't know it showed real-time updates. That's awesome. Could have used that when picking my brother up at the airport the other day.Looking forward to it.
    02-03-14 09:56 PM
    Sure, give it time...

J/k... sorta...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:29 PM
    New Glympse emoticon for BBM: O_O
    00stryder and Nugzie like this.
    02-03-14 10:43 PM
    Maybe we need an emoticon holding binoculars.
    00stryder likes this.
    02-03-14 10:43 PM
    I really like how BBM Is shaping up. It is one stop shop for your communication and transportation needs. And it is done in a private controlled manner. Bye bye Whatsup I hardly knew you.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:59 AM
115 12345