Yeah, it does. It even shows the speed at which you're moving!

And to answer the question about a release date, I remember reading that ios and android were supposed to have voice by February - I imagined that Bbm 10.3 would be released at the same time. I guess "by February" has come and gone though, so who knows...

Posted via CB10
    Awesome!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 04:02 PM
    Do both parties need the beta or just the sender?
    02-02-14 07:06 PM
    I like it. It's like Snapchat for stalkers!

But in all seriousness, this is pretty cool.
    02-02-14 07:09 PM
    My only gripes with this is that it doesn't work underground. I live in downtown Toronto and most of the time I am on the move, I'm in the subway with no signal........
    02-02-14 08:44 PM
    I think they should save this feature for BlackBerry phones only. At least have a feature that is unique to BlackBerry phones.

Z10? Yes it can!
    02-02-14 08:48 PM
    This is amazing, can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:51 PM
    I think they should save this feature for BlackBerry phones only. At least have a feature that is unique to BlackBerry phones.

Z10? Yes it can!
    BlackBerry is now a software company. It needs to be for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:02 PM
    My only gripes with this is that it doesn't work underground. I live in downtown Toronto and most of the time I am on the move, I'm in the subway with no signal........
    I think that's more an issue of waiting on the TTC to implement wifi-enabled train cars and/or the carriers finding a way to extend cellular service down there, than it is a BlackBerry/BBM/Glympse issue.
    02-02-14 09:16 PM
    this is something cool in theory, yet something that I will never do. My location, will as ever, remain as privet as possible
    02-02-14 09:23 PM
    this is something cool in theory, yet something that I will never do. My location, will as ever, remain as privet as possible
    It's only shared with the one person you choose, not made public to all your contacts.
    00stryder and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-02-14 09:27 PM
    Thank you sire for the channel

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    02-02-14 09:29 PM

Z10? Yes it can!
    +1 on that idea.
    02-02-14 09:38 PM
    For those of you who aren't part of the BBM 10.3 beta, I have to tell you how awesome this new Glympse feature is. Basically, it allows you to share your real-time location with a BBM contact for a set amount of time, after which, it expires and they can't see your location anymore. When i first saw this feature, I thought it was neat, but was struggling to think of a practical use for it - yesterday, it came to me!

1. My wife is pretty neurotic when i go on long driving trips for work, and is always calling me to check in. Yesterday, I had to drive from San Diego up to LA, so i shared my location with her for 3 hours - everytime she thought of calling, she said she just checked Glympse and could see that all was good. win-win!

2. I have a friend who lives half way between the two locations, who was coming to help me with my work event yesterday, so i told him i would pick him up. Instead of messaging him when I thought i was close, I shared my location with him as well - he could see exactly when I got off at his exit, and know i was close.

I'm sure other people will find other uses for Glympse, but these are just two that were convenient for me, and I was blown away with how convenient it was. I'm hoping BBM 10.3 gets released soon so all of you guys can try it out!

Enjoy the superbowl ... go Broncos!
    A lot of people are NOT going to want their spouses to find out about this feature - can't see it selling in France at all!
    jpvj and TheScionicMan like this.
    02-02-14 10:42 PM
    No wi-fi in your underground(/metro/subway) stations?
    02-02-14 10:43 PM
    A lot of people are NOT going to want their spouses to find out about this feature - can't see it selling in France at all!

Since it appears to be under the control of the monitored user, I suppose I am not so sure that's the case.

If what you are thinking is if they find out about it they will DEMAND that their spouse enable it so they can track them wherever they go, that's kind of OCD'ish.

If a couple has that much mutual distrust, they've got bigger problems than smartphone features.
    02-02-14 10:59 PM
    It works underground just fine. It's your phone that is the issue since it can't get a gps fix.
    02-02-14 11:06 PM
    If what you are thinking is if they find out about it they will DEMAND that their spouse enable it so they can track them wherever they go, that's kind of OCD'ish.

Oh, and for what it's worth - I don't think anyone would want such a thing activated continuously - GPS monitoring is a huge battery-killer if left running continuously. That's the case with any smartphone.
    02-02-14 11:14 PM
    BBM 2.0 on Android (aka BBM 2.0) has had another beta pushed out for those in the beta program.

Guess it's not ready.
    02-02-14 11:24 PM
    Oh, and for what it's worth - I don't think anyone would want such a thing activated continuously - GPS monitoring is a huge battery-killer if left running continuously. That's the case with any smartphone.
    All you do is deny BBM access to your location and never tell your partner about Glympse support.
    02-02-14 11:26 PM
    All you do is deny BBM access to your location and never tell your partner about Glympse support.

You've been thinking about that way way too much.
    02-02-14 11:28 PM
    You've been thinking about that way way too much.
    You noticed...
    02-02-14 11:29 PM
    This will be a cool feature. I use something similar on Waze. I can text/email a link that will show the recipient my current trip and ETA. Use it all the time.
    02-02-14 11:35 PM
    Do both parties need the beta or just the sender?
    As long as the sender has it, the other party doesn't need it.

Posted via CB10
    blackmoe likes this.
    02-02-14 11:43 PM
    Stupid question here for guys form BlackBerry, why won't BlackBerry apply Glypmse to pictures too so I can delete snapchat from my Z10?
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-03-14 04:39 AM
    Sounds awesome op

Good use cases

Definitely something I will use with mates to meet up
    02-03-14 04:42 AM
115 1234 ...