WHY OLED? It just causes problems. Poor visibility in daylight and burn-ins.

I hope other BB10 devices will use LCD.
    My heavily used, 2 year-old, OLED-packing phone looks just as nice as the day I bought it. I've never had any issue with burn-ins (nor have I seen any reports of such), it's possible to have good outdoor visibility with OLEDs.
    11-27-12 05:21 PM
    I think the sharpness and over all quality of the icons, and the fact that they are not going to be "washed out" as they now might appear to be in some of the current models, would help out drastically, even if the phone is used in very sunny conditions. I am sure, RIM has something up their sleeve that addresses this issue as well, as everyone is aware of how put off a lot were with their other phones and when they tried to use them under bright sunny conditions etc. For all we know, they might have something built in, where they automatically adjust according to brightness levels, so that they appear to be sharp and visible at all times, in all conditions. Just pure speculation here of course, but you never know
    11-27-12 07:10 PM
    From what I understand this is due to battery consumption and Rim does have something up the sleeve, a light and dark theme.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    11-27-12 08:14 PM
    From what I understand this is due to battery consumption and Rim does have something up the sleeve, a light and dark theme.
    What I found in London EU, the battery consumption is not the problem. From the last update, the battery life is lasting for about 12 hours at middle weight load usage. It seems that power management from the OS takes one of the major factor of battery consumption. If and if all application for BB10 which need to be always online uses the push technology from RIM, I think the battery life will be much better.
    11-27-12 09:18 PM
    I'd love one in white
    playbookster likes this.
    11-27-12 10:06 PM
    I like BB10 London so much
    11-27-12 10:24 PM
    I'm not saying London has poor battery. I'm saying they probably went with oled screens with battery preservation in mind. Who knows, just an observation of mine.
    What I found in London EU, the battery consumption is not the problem. From the last update, the battery life is lasting for about 12 hours at middle weight load usage. It seems that power management from the OS takes one of the major factor of battery consumption. If and if all application for BB10 which need to be always online uses the push technology from RIM, I think the battery life will be much better.
    11-27-12 11:56 PM
    I'd love one in white
    I think you will get your wish.
    11-27-12 11:57 PM
    I'm not saying London has poor battery. I'm saying they probably went with oled screens with battery preservation in mind. Who knows, just an observation of mine.
    AFAIK, London still uses LCD, not OLED

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    11-28-12 01:28 AM
    The 8 second boot time is an apple leak. They will tell us too good to be true stats in hopes that we are disapointed with the blackberry when it comes out. People do not be disapointed with a 40 second boot time.
    11-28-12 02:47 AM
    WHY OLED? It just causes problems. Poor visibility in daylight and burn-ins.

I hope other BB10 devices will use LCD.
    Where did you get that from? My Nokia E7 is almost 2 years old now, has no burn-ins and outdoor visibility is good thanks to the ClearBlack filter applied by Nokia. If you get AMOLED right, it is a very nice thing to have.
    11-28-12 03:28 AM
    Tu n'es pas le seul !!!
    Oui, c'est vraiment.....moi aussi......

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-28-12 03:56 AM
    The 8 second boot time is an apple leak. They will tell us too good to be true stats in hopes that we are disapointed with the blackberry when it comes out. People do not be disapointed with a 40 second boot time.
    Where did Apple leak info about BB10?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-28-12 04:02 AM

From n4bb

OH we can ''hang'' think its just the right size.
    11-28-12 07:46 AM
    Omg! I want!! So close, yet so far eh
    11-28-12 09:31 AM
    I've never wanted an all touch device so much LOL
    11-28-12 12:16 PM
    Very naughty leaks. Lol

Nice photos, don't care much about quality those are excellent.
    11-28-12 02:41 PM
    I just hope London is a teaser and in the end they release Aristo. Gawd wouldn't that be nice.
    12-16-12 02:33 AM
68 123