Using the new app or showing off the voice control from the Dev Alpha update that didn't do a whole lot?
    Second one, but still We got to see Something used for Voice Control.Better than what current devices use that are 3rd party.
    11-26-12 11:59 PM
    Nice, but are people afraid to peel that darned protective plastic sheet off the screen? I think I've seen only one or two sets of pics where someone actually took it off.

I suppose the slight blurring is intentional? Everyone seems to be doing it.
    11-27-12 12:16 AM
    That clock... Just, wow...
    11-27-12 12:31 AM
    perhaps the 8 sec boot time mentioned is just turning it off. not a full battery pull. On current BB, if you turn on the phone holding the end call button, or the icon to turn off, the boot time is almost nothing. it just comes on. lol.

As mentioned above, i'm more inclined to believe a 40 secs fresh boot time.
    11-27-12 12:52 AM
    We have seen the clock with a white face but not with a black face & red numbers. Will we get to customize the clock to our liking? I can't wait. GO RIM!!!
    stevetruman and BergerKing like this.
    11-27-12 01:48 AM
    I hope the London has an LCD and not AMOLED. I had a bad experience with burn-in in the past after heavily using a phone for only 4 months. AMOLED really does not feel very BlackBerryish to me. I don't want to feel like I have to avoid using my phone to prevent damage.

I know early leaks suggested that London would be LCD, are there any hands on reports confirming?
    11-27-12 01:54 AM
    We have seen the clock with a white face but not with a black face & red numbers. Will we get to customize the clock to our liking? I can't wait. GO RIM!!!
    That's been shown before. It's the clock in "night mode" or whatever they called it.
    I hope the London has an LCD and not AMOLED. I had a bad experience with burn-in in the past after heavily using a phone for only 4 months. AMOLED really does not feel very BlackBerryish to me. I don't want to feel like I have to avoid using my phone to prevent damage.

I know early leaks suggested that London would be LCD, are there any hands on reports confirming?
    According to RIM's dev page, the L series has LCD and the N series has OLED
    11-27-12 02:07 AM
    I do love that matte black
    I wonder if they have a white, iphone-style version. Now THAT would be nice.
    11-27-12 02:25 AM
    It's gonna be a long, cold winter while we stare longingly at these pics... I wish Santa would come into my house, knock my unconscious and I wake up on 29th January 2013, just in time for the launch. Then to be whacked into a coma while celebrating the launch and waking up one day before my carrier has the phone on sale...
    mithrazor likes this.
    11-27-12 02:36 AM
    From the web, a clearer demo of BB10 (en Francais):

11-27-12 03:02 AM
    It will be available in various colors at launch, there's an interview with one of the guys from RIM on the same site where they confirm that...it's posted somwhere on this forum too...search.
    I wonder if they have a white, iphone-style version. Now THAT would be nice.
    11-27-12 03:08 AM
    So, looks like a removable battery - fantastic! Having a few charged batteries with me gives me a lot of comfort on long trips.

Is there an SD type memory card slot to expand the memory? If so, that would be awesome!
    11-27-12 06:03 AM
    So, looks like a removable battery - fantastic! Having a few charged batteries with me gives me a lot of comfort on long trips.

Is there an SD type memory card slot to expand the memory? If so, that would be awesome!
    Yes, BB10 uses removable battery and expansion slot for memory is available.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    11-27-12 09:26 AM
    i just came
    anon3230140 likes this.
    11-27-12 10:02 AM

Thats the first time I've seen a custom wallpaper
    el_excelsior likes this.
    11-27-12 10:29 AM
    Je le veux bigtime.
    OniBerry and el_excelsior like this.
    11-27-12 10:46 AM
    Definitely liking what they're showing us. Looking good, and love that clock. Hate a white faced clock in the dark, messes with my night vision!
    11-27-12 11:59 AM
    Je le veux bigtime.
    Tu n'es pas le seul !!!
    OniBerry likes this.
    11-27-12 11:59 AM
    BlackBerry L series looks good. I think the final product will be a different and more refined from the blurry one. Probably will have a lot more "premium" or "expensive" look & feel. That said, what about apps guys? I have heard 100,000 apps available at launch.

I think Skype, NetFlix, Kindle are kind of must-have apps. BBM Voice is pretty cool but it's not Skype. Skype supports calling to regular phones, cellphones, it supports Skype-In number and so on. That's a must-have app.

I am afraid that RIM will succumb to pressure from cell-phone carriers and disable apps like Skype (that have potential to eat into carrier's voice-minute revenue). Android and iPhone are able to get away with offering whatever apps they want but RIM is not. RIM, in the past, has prioritized carrier's demands/wishlist more than end-consumer's demand/wishlist. Maybe they see carriers as their ultimate customer? That thinking has gotten them where they are now. Hope they are now prioritizing end-customer's demand/wishlist over carrier's!
    11-27-12 12:28 PM
    I am afraid that RIM will succumb to pressure from cell-phone carriers and disable apps like Skype (that have potential to eat into carrier's voice-minute revenue). Android and iPhone are able to get away with offering whatever apps they want but RIM is not. RIM, in the past, has prioritized carrier's demands/wishlist more than end-consumer's demand/wishlist. Maybe they see carriers as their ultimate customer? That thinking has gotten them where they are now. Hope they are now prioritizing end-customer's demand/wishlist over carrier's!
    I doubt it because while that is true that RIM caters more to the carriers rather than the end user. Carriers are now capitalizing on data now. Like Verizon, they're selling their plans by the data. The voice/texts are just bundled along with it.
    11-27-12 12:53 PM
    "undergoing carrier testing in Nigeria..." === Blackberrys' area 51??? they have cell towers there??? thought they only had rich princesses that wanted to give me thier money...
    11-27-12 01:53 PM
    That's been shown before. It's the clock in "night mode" or whatever they called it.

According to RIM's dev page, the L series has LCD and the N series has OLED
    WHY OLED? It just causes problems. Poor visibility in daylight and burn-ins.

I hope other BB10 devices will use LCD.
    11-27-12 02:42 PM
    One of the images shows camera-switch function. Perhaps, front-facing camera will be on L/N-series?
    11-27-12 03:29 PM
    One of the images shows camera-switch function. Perhaps, front-facing camera will be on L/N-series?
    It's a given based on the dev a, dev b, london leaks and the playbook having one already.
    11-27-12 03:40 PM
    Okay people. Just to clear things up for those that DO NOT seem to UNDERSTAND what WILL BE and what WON'T BE on BB10 devices.

LISTEN UP!!!!

Front facing camera.
    Auto-Focus.
    NO! THERE WILL BE NO TRACKPAD!!!
    (That's all I think)
    gng11 likes this.
    11-27-12 04:49 PM
68 123