first and foremost my experience with the previous bb's i've had wasn't all so great. for one i am stuck in Baghdad/Iraq going through a sh** carrier (zain iraq) that simply robs you for every penny you got.

then there's another carrier called Asiacell which developed its own app store and charges from your prepaid cards and has what they like to brag about to be 2000+ apps. their prices are absolutely outrageous. they charge double what the real application costs but they offer it for people without a credit card thus making it very easy.

currently my experience with BB's has been first owning a Torch 9800. I hated it. Its battery life made me not want to use it.
    then i switched to a 9790 and i cant remember why at the time i got rid of it. i think mostly cause of the very tiny small screen.
    well now i am back again with a 9860. I have to say its absolutely THE BEST BB ive ever owned. its FAST especially with 7.1... i absolutely love it!

now that we're done with the device history lesson. my gripe at this time is with the stupidest thing RIM created -- the Appworld.

from my understanding RIM signs contracts with the carriers so their users can use Appworld... if your carrier isnt paying RIM then you're Sh*& out of luck and cant use Appworld. Is this correct?

Last I checked with (Zain Iraq) about 6 months ago they told me they're signing a deal with RIM and appworld will be available. to this day my appworld with my new 9860 doesnt work and gives me the stupid "Appworld is not currently available in your country" and exists.

why is this not fair for the user? isnt RIM trying compete here with the android / iphone market? yet they cripple themselves in countries that can really make a difference...
    most people here dont use a BB cause they cant do anything without a market/appworld app.

then i made a fantastic discovery... if i disable my "Mobile network" i can use appworld but it maybe for 1 minute, 2 or even 1 hour. for some reason even though my ip address still shows iraq appworld works ... then appworld stopped. so i started to think. by studying the stream of events i upgrade BBM and then i started to get the country error.
    i am only guessing that maybe the cause or else why would it work and i was downloading happily then boom country error? it maybe something different.

i am loving my bb but i am also hating the fact i cant use appworld with my mobile network on / wifi for whatever reason.

i've seen all those hacks about installing a different version with BBSAK but i was never successful with them.

is there light at the end of the tunnel? perhaps a beta version that doesnt check country?
    please help!
    08-23-12 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD