Afternoon, all. This weekend I ditched my 2 year old RAZR for a shiny new 8330 (Verizon) Curve. It's wonderful.
    How did I ever get along without one of these?

I wanted to thank the Forum-folks here (and Crackberry.com in general), as before making the purchase, I did some research & lurked in here a bit to answer some questions I had. Found the resources very helpful, never having owned a BB before.

I still have 28 days on the trial period, but I can't see myself giving it back - it's too useful & cool. My Question is: Would anyone care to make a suggestion on any "upgrades" they'd think were useful for a new BB / 8330 owner?
    Example: I've heard Opera Mini is a browser I should consider uploading at some point. Any other things you, the community would recommend?
    Thanks in Advance! -DC-
    09-29-08 01:22 PM
    I prefer opera but you have options for everything. You are going to have to expirement around to find what you like best.
    09-29-08 02:28 PM
    Upgrade to OS 4.5 to add HTML email, video recorder support for larger micro SD cards.

Google Maps
    PeekaWho (pop up email alert)
    Autostandby (puts your BB into standby mode after a set interval of time)
    Various mobile website short cuts
    Crackberry Browser
    Media Manager (sync non-protected music playlists to your BB)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...oad-sites-664/

As for Opera Mini, I tried it and deleted it. I find the Blackberry Browser to be just as good, without using extra memory.

Oh yeah, Welcome to Crackberry.
    Last edited by wnm; 09-29-08 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Welcome to Crackberry
    09-29-08 02:52 PM
    Upgrade to OS 4.5 to add HTML email, video recorder support for larger micro SD cards.

Google Maps
    PeekaWho (pop up email alert)
    Autostandby (puts your BB into standby mode after a set interval of time)
    Various mobile website short cuts
    Crackberry Browser
    Media Manager (sync non-protected music playlists to your BB)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...oad-sites-664/

As for Opera Mini, I tried it and deleted it. I find the Blackberry Browser to be just as good, without using extra memory.

Oh yeah, Welcome to Crackberry.
    its really not smart to upgrade your os if you just got your phone. i mean you dont know your phone or the terminology yet and the risk of nuking it. if i were you i would keep the original os and download opera. if you feel comfortable with your phone in a couple of weeks or months, then upgrade. dont wanna paper weight do ya?
    09-29-08 03:05 PM
    I also recommend google maps, not only for the gps functionality, but also for the traffic updates... I live in nyc and having near time updates on which route is congested is extrenely valuable.

Also, BB weather is great.. And if you are interested in financialnews, the WSJ app is priceless...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD