So what up with the media manger on the desktop app? Hand out from store that I got the bb from says to uncheck media manager when installing and some the post here seem to be against it so is good, bad, or whatever.
    I would like some info on it.
    Thanks
    07-18-09 12:40 PM
    Personally, I like media manager.....it does everything I need it to do.
    07-18-09 12:48 PM
    Media manager is rather slow to move music and video.You dont need it if you have a media card installed in your device. Just enable mass storage mode and it will show up under my computer like a flash drive. On your device go to options/media card and enable it there. Also select to have it automatically enable when connected. Welcome to CB.
    07-18-09 12:48 PM
    The issue with Roxio Media Manager is the overhead it adds while indexing your media. That is why you are advised to de-select it during your initial BlackBerry Desktop Manager install.

If it is installed with DM, your computer will slow to a crawl for hours before you can use the Desktop Manager.

The Program offers the ability to work with Device Memory, but nobody does that, it is far to precious for media storage. When you have a media card installed, you can use Windows/Macintosh OS to manage the media.

There are some benifits, the Media Manager does include a very capable video transfer feature, it works well.
    07-18-09 12:54 PM
    if you want to transfer videos to your blackberry then you will need media manager to convert them to the blackberry format
    07-18-09 12:58 PM
    not recommended
    07-18-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD