I just got my first blackberry a few days ago (storm from verizon) and i can see why they are called crackberries. im also slaping myself cause the storm 2 is coming out soon but i have 30 days with the original. but i just have a few general questions.

1. my 128 mb card is almost full from some free apps i tried out. but ive deleted some and they still show up at the bottom of my list as uninstalled is there a way to delete this?

2. i recorded a video and when i go to play it back it say it is in a unsupported format but i used my phone to record it.

3. themes- what effect does it have on the phone if i use one on my phone, i realized you can do anything with these phones so im just worried about protecting it in general.

thanks
    10-12-09 04:17 PM
    1. did you download these apps from BB app world? if so, log into app world > my world and you can delete/manage the apps from there.

3. i've never heard of a theme corrupting or harming a BB. not saying it couldn't happen though.
    10-12-09 04:24 PM
    ok thanks, im a country boy so this stuff is kinda out of my element, im searching through other posts for other info
    10-12-09 04:34 PM
    Some themes might cause the device to lag or run a bit slow, but if this happens just delete the theme and you will be ok
    10-12-09 04:35 PM
    A 128 mb card? Is that device memory or memory card, I didn't know any BB could store apps on the card. I got a 8230 and have 128 internal mem but I have a 8 GB card and fixing to upgrade to a 16GB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 07:17 PM
    The 128 mb is likely internal memory. How much memory do you currently have left?

Also, I would definitely recommend storing all media (video, music, photos) on your media card, not devive memory. That should free up some memory for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 09:12 PM
    ok thanks everyone im still learning how to use this thing, but its crazy the things i can do with it. i brought up a topographic map of my property so i can show friends that hunt on my land where to go and how it looks. im a sophisticated redneck.
    10-20-09 04:13 PM
    can anyone help me i just got a blackberry curve 8900 today and everytime i try to go on youtube it says "the XML is not well-formed" can anyone please help
    10-20-09 04:24 PM
    Black berry 101 on the front page
    10-20-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD