I'm aware that despite handset division will close, phones will continue to work. Also I know this is not serious matter for many because it's just a phone, but sadly, I have to explore to do the jump to android and I really wouldn't like having a phone that is just out of market.

I'd appreciate better informed opinions to make my mind about this.

Thanks
    08-30-16 09:44 AM
    Handset division won't close unless the company is not profitable by the end of the fiscal year.

However if it did close the phone will still work alright but you won't have the backing of BlackBerry, the customer service, and any sort of updates whether its security updates or not. You will still be able to buy the devices years from now. Just the way people buy Old Bold 9900s.
    pstrusi likes this.
    08-30-16 11:27 AM
    If BB closed the smartphone division tomorrow, they would likely at least provide service for phones for a year at minimum, so you'd get updates and be able to get your current phones repaired for at least that long. And once that ended, transitioning to a different Android manufacturer would be fast and easy, with all of your apps, contacts, etc. (and assuming you use Google's cloud services, it's a simple as logging into the new phone).

Obviously you'd lose BB's customizations, but if the handset business is gone, that's inevitable anyway.
    pstrusi likes this.
    08-30-16 05:38 PM
    If BB closed the smartphone division tomorrow, they would likely at least provide service for phones for a year at minimum, so you'd get updates and be able to get your current phones repaired for at least that long. And once that ended, transitioning to a different Android manufacturer would be fast and easy, with all of your apps, contacts, etc. (and assuming you use Google's cloud services, it's a simple as logging into the new phone).

Obviously you'd lose BB's customizations, but if the handset business is gone, that's inevitable anyway.
    Not necessarily... HUB+ subscription is available... :-D

After all, it will be a "software" BBusiness then...

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    pstrusi likes this.
    08-30-16 06:05 PM