Hey guys, I've spent the last couple days searching around various websites trying to get answers to some of my questions but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for...

When I receive a text message is there a way for the caller id of the person texting me to show up? All that happens is the alert noise and the red blinking light, but the screen stays black. i'd like to be able to open the text message right away instead of having to go into the folder, scroll to the top and click on it that way.

I figured out how to separate sms/mms messages from e-mail messages and facebook notifications...is there a way that i can further separate my SENT text messages from my RECEIVED text messages?

After i send a text message a little checkmark with a 'D' appears next to the message, the user guide said this meant it was a PIN message...but i'm texting people who have regular phones, not blackberries. does this still count in my unlimited Verizon to Verizon text message plan? Or am I choosing the wrong option when i text people?

I think that's all for now, thanks for being patient and any advice. I know these types of questions get asked endlessly! I've pretty much looked through all the online user guides and tips and tricks but if there's any website that really helped you out a lot and answered the majority of your questions that you think i should know about definitely let me know! i'd rather find it there than bother you all with the same questions over and over again!

thanks again!
    05-30-09 10:30 AM
    Hey guys, I've spent the last couple days searching around various websites trying to get answers to some of my questions but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for...

After i send a text message a little checkmark with a 'D' appears next to the message, the user guide said this meant it was a PIN message...but i'm texting people who have regular phones, not blackberries. does this still count in my unlimited Verizon to Verizon text message plan? Or am I choosing the wrong option when i text people?

thanks again!

You are doing it right. When your using BBM or just pin messaging it will show the "D" as well.
    05-30-09 10:35 AM
    I would give Aerize alerts from the Crackberry store a try. They have a free trial and will provide the popup notification you are looking for.

Also in options you can choose to hide sent messages. Not exactly sure where this option is on the Curve but I sometimes used it on my Storm. Hope this helps.
    05-30-09 10:58 AM
    sms app GONE WTF?
    05-30-09 12:43 PM

If you are texting someone on Verizon the little D will pop up as well...it only works with other Verizon users...but its still SMS rather than a PIN message. So yes you're doing it correctly.

Also for your issue with the sent messages you can go to

SMS & MMS > Menu > Options > General Options > Hide Sent Messages > Yes
    05-30-09 12:50 PM

When I receive a text message is there a way for the caller id of the person texting me to show up? All that happens is the alert noise and the red blinking light, but the screen stays black. i'd like to be able to open the text message right away instead of having to go into the folder, scroll to the top and click on it that way.
    there are programs that display a pop up when u receive a message of any kind. i have tried a few of the and the other problem with all of them is RIM does not allow 3rd party's to have access to the sms inbox directly, so if you have the inboxes separated and want to be able to reply from most of the programs (most use the inbox to do so - not the messge) then this wont work. does this make sense??
    05-30-09 02:54 PM
    PeekAWho from SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian� is another popup utility but like chelseytx said, if you separate your SMS from the Message box, there's limited functionality. Even so, it shows the originating phone number on the alert even if it can't show the address book contact information. I like it and I have my SMS separated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 06:20 PM
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this but D just means it was delivered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD