Lol 2 day battery life out of an S9 ? Not even the + model?

You must be a light user!
    That's what I'm concerned about. I used to think camera was the most important feature. Now it's battery and keyboard.
    12-03-18 08:00 PM
    That's what I'm concerned about. I used to think camera was the most important feature. Now it's battery and keyboard.
    I have 4 business emails in the HUB for my multi state appraisal business. I handle calls, email and text primarily. I don't game, I only occasionally check Facebook for family reasons through Web browser periodically. I do shop via Amazon when needed and of course check in here on Crackberry, Android Central and use YouTube and Google News here and there. I have performance mode optimized and power saving mode mid customized. I have all 76 applications "always sleeping". I put my phone on the counter when I get home to be present with my family. After kids are asleep and if not taking care of house duties I usually chill with my Amazon tablets for reading or Game of Thrones. And in this usage pattern I get two days with my standard S9. For an all touch device that allows me to utilize the BlackBerry HUB and VKB it is excellent. The ergonomics of the device are ideal for my needs. Affordability is a non issue. Form factor was my reasoning for the standard. I had an S7 Edge and then purchased a standard S7 from my sister. I never used my S7 Edge after acquiring the S7. I prefer flat screens like the S7 and heard Samsung my release a flat S10. My Spigen case helps on the S9. Hope you find something that suits your needs.
    12-03-18 08:23 PM
    Last item. My T-Mobile S9 is on the November Security Patch. On our S7's it ran about a month behind Pixel. Now it seems like Samsung and T-Mobile at least are two weeks back. It's actually gotten better as far as timely security updates since purchase in April
    12-03-18 08:28 PM
    We'll have to see what 2019 brings!!
    12-03-18 09:57 PM
    We'll have to see what 2019 brings!!
    Aside from BB's, it's gonna bring more boring glass slabs with notches and "O" cutouts.
    12-04-18 01:32 AM
    Aside from BB's, it's gonna bring more boring glass slabs with notches and "O" cutouts.
    I’m enjoying my XR paired up to my KEYone both on AT&T with iPad also.
    12-04-18 03:17 PM
    I’m enjoying my XR paired up to my KEYone both on AT&T with iPad also.
    Which devices do you use for which tasks?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-04-18 03:36 PM
    Which devices do you use for which tasks?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    KEYone is my primary email, texting business device. XR is primarily for app ecosystem and limited media consumption. iPad for primary media consumption.

My CB usage is unique across all three devices. I use CB app on KEYone, CB Forum app on XR and CB on Focus browser on iPad.

I carry two phones, because, two numbers. If AT&T ever rolls out E-Sim on XR, that may change, but for now, I've dual carried for 12-13 years, no big deal.
    12-04-18 04:38 PM
    KEYone is my primary email, texting business device. XR is primarily for app ecosystem and limited media consumption. iPad for primary media consumption.

My CB usage is unique across all three devices. I use CB app on KEYone, CB Forum app on XR and CB on Focus browser on iPad.

I carry two phones, because, two numbers. If AT&T ever rolls out E-Sim on XR, that may change, but for now, I've dual carried for 12-13 years, no big deal.
    There are many dual sim KEYone's/KEY2's/LE's but I reckon you wanted one that's specifically carried by AT&T?
    12-05-18 01:38 AM
    There are many dual sim KEYone's/KEY2's/LE's but I reckon you wanted one that's specifically carried by AT&T?
    Yep. It’s the only way for me to access WFC on AT&T unfortunately.
    12-05-18 06:27 AM
    What if one wants a rugged device without those flashy rainbow Huawei colors ? Or a device that's small enough to be manageable with one hand? Or a device without the iOS copycat EMUI ? Or an RGB LED ?

Aside from not sporting a PKB, these Huawei phones's designs are everything typical BB users don't want lol.

But nice try !
    Rugged? Get a CAT smartphone. CAT S61 is pretty good.
    Mate 20 Pro can be handled one handed.
    Mate 20 Pro has RGB LED.
    EMUI is pretty versatile which isn't something iOS is known for.

What does a PKB have to do with all of this? OP wanted a Slab.

Interesting that you can speak for what every "typical BB" user would want, I'm sure Mike Lazaridis and Douglas Fregin felt the same in 2008.

Hey Boon, here's a crazy idea, how about you make suggestions instead of crapping on mine!
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 12-16-18 at 11:13 AM.
    12-16-18 10:50 AM
    Yep. It’s the only way for me to access WFC on AT&T unfortunately.
    *****Update

The eSIM is now available for my XR. However, if setup on the XR, my KEYone number/line cannot be switched back to my KEYone on demand. I only want to use in my XR when I need the WFC feature. I will just use the KEYone until AT&T offers next BBMo/TCL PKB device.
    12-16-18 12:53 PM
    I will just use the KEYone until AT&T offers next BBMo/TCL PKB device.
    ...and I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
    bakron1 and Chuck Finley69 like this.
    12-16-18 02:03 PM
    ...and I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
    I’m happy with the XR as my dual carry device. You’re right, I don’t really expect to ever see another BBMo/TCL device from AT&T or any offering full enhanced calling features compatibility on their network.

I don’t believe this is entirely on BBMo/TCL either. Part of this is due to competitive pressures from the carriers to slow churn and from the OEM leaders to be part of that solution while increasing premium brand loyalty.

I also believe political type pressures that hurt two previous carrier partners with current trade war is another indirect cause. Part of me thinks licensing BBAndroid was strategic plan to impress and prove to carriers that it’s Android OS is safe from the communist spyware concerns of fellow nationalist competitors.
    12-16-18 02:46 PM
    I’m happy with the XR as my dual carry device. You’re right, I don’t really expect to ever see another BBMo/TCL device from AT&T or any offering full enhanced calling features compatibility on their network.

I don’t believe this is entirely on BBMo/TCL either. Part of this is due to competitive pressures from the carriers to slow churn and from the OEM leaders to be part of that solution while increasing premium brand loyalty.

I also believe political type pressures that hurt two previous carrier partners with current trade war is another indirect cause. Part of me thinks licensing BBAndroid was strategic plan to impress and prove to carriers that it’s Android OS is safe from the communist spyware concerns of fellow nationalist competitors.
    Even with branded hardware getting carrier features isn't always guaranteed, like WiFi calling on the ATT KEYone or actual software longevity on its Sprint counterpart. The Motion and KEY2 both had abandoned AT&T-branded variants (and Sprint), for what it's worth; maybe AT&T soured on the deal after running the numbers on their KEYone sales.

As for the last point, with each new device there's more and more TCL present on the device in the form of preloaded apps, so it isn't 100% communist-free. Locker is TCL, dual apps is TCL, calculator/gallery/weather are all TCL, and the vast majority of getting stock Android to work on the device is TCL; all that's Limited is some low-level kernel stuff and the Hub suite.
    12-16-18 02:53 PM
    Even with branded hardware getting carrier features isn't always guaranteed, like WiFi calling on the ATT KEYone or actual software longevity on its Sprint counterpart. The Motion and KEY2 both had abandoned AT&T-branded variants (and Sprint), for what it's worth; maybe AT&T soured on the deal after running the numbers on their KEYone sales.

As for the last point, with each new device there's more and more TCL present on the device in the form of preloaded apps, so it isn't 100% communist-free. Locker is TCL, dual apps is TCL, calculator/gallery/weather are all TCL, and the vast majority of getting stock Android to work on the device is TCL; all that's Limited is some low-level kernel stuff and the Hub suite.
    I agree with all stated 100% and you like few others here better state my position than I do.

As much as I like BBAndroid, it’s my preferred Android OS version, PKB is also nice, any device I buy has to be able to access carrier features and function well at it’s core. In the end, the hardware is definitely handicapped on any carrier now.
    12-16-18 03:16 PM
    I agree with all stated 100% and you like few others here better state my position than I do.

As much as I like BBAndroid, it’s my preferred Android OS version, PKB is also nice, any device I buy has to be able to access carrier features and function well at it’s core. In the end, the hardware is definitely handicapped on any carrier now.
    To the best of my knowledge T-Mobile has the best support for TCL BB devices, since they're used to people buying unlocked and coming to them.

At least you're not on Sprint, their "if it was good enough for President Lincoln it's good enough for our customers" network means absolutely zero BYOD for any BB devices.
    12-16-18 04:20 PM
    That's what I thought..... but now I can't stand the forced Samsung apps. So disappointed with all the apps I am forced to live with.
    12-16-18 05:02 PM
    That's what I thought..... but now I can't stand the forced Samsung apps. So disappointed with all the apps I am forced to live with.
    Then just Disable them....
    12-17-18 02:17 AM
69 123