First found on N4BB, but looking @ the YT page ... is that "our" Belfast Dispatcher ? Anyway kudos goes to him !

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mh7DfxjCTQ[/YT]

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-10-12 at 03:27 AM.
    07-10-12 03:24 AM
    Cheesy but it is such a funny advertisement. I can't see that being on UK tv though.

Thanks for posting superfly
    07-10-12 04:55 AM
    Just when you think RIM advertising can't get any worse.......
    07-10-12 08:06 AM
    Horrible.

It comes off as desperate.

BBM? Your selling point, is BBM? What is this, 2007?

Yeah, I really see people rushing out to purchase a blackberry so they can tap their phones to share random things via bbm!

All RIM ever advertises, is BBM, a keyboard, or a random function that has nothing to do with cell phones. Such as, a bike meeting.

Disgusting.
    Last edited by West Coast Flavor; 07-10-12 at 09:22 AM.
    07-10-12 09:18 AM
    Wow that was pathetic.

RIM marketing fails yet again. Please hire the same company Apple or Samsungs uses. I swear RIMs marketing gets worse on every attempt.
    07-10-12 09:20 AM
    Silly, but certainly not horrible. I am constantly annoyed nightly by far more absurd crap they call commercials than this. I'm talking about commercials that make me change the channel (DirecTV, Geico, Chrysler, eSurance to name just a few), which last I heard was pretty much he opposite of the desired result.

It isn't about BBM, it's about the 'Just Tap' tag line. Could be catchy, which is all you really want a commercial to be.
    07-10-12 09:35 AM
    No.. That was terrible. Even the "Just Tap" tag line with the Batman-esque feel was utter ridiculous. I lol'd at the "hot new video" tag line though..
    07-10-12 09:48 AM
    It's like they are trying to advertise the latest goofy game show.
    07-10-12 10:06 AM
    Please hire the same company Apple or Samsungs uses..
    That is impossible. Agencies do not have clients of the same industry due to conflict of interests.

Besides, RIM did use the agency that Samsung used. Till the agency fired RIM.

"We have decided not to participate in Blackberry's U.S. creative review, as we are instead moving forward with and growing our Samsung client partnership," representatives for Leo Burnett said in a statement. RIM did not immediately return a request for comment.
    07-10-12 11:01 AM
    That is impossible. Agencies do not have clients of the same industry due to conflict of interests.

Besides, RIM did use the agency that Samsung used. Till the agency fired RIM.
    lol. So basically RIM is screwed until they find the next best agency?

I thought they were able to use the same companies? I also thought Samsung used the same one as Apple for one of there commercials. I know they used the same little girl in one of them. She was from the new iPad commerical and Samsung used her in one of theirs.

Conflict of interests makes sense though.
    07-10-12 11:03 AM
    If anything this advertisement will drive people away from blackberry, yes it is that bad.
    07-10-12 11:08 AM
    remember this is not for NA its across the pond. While i agree it doesnt appeal for most, it might appeal to more across the pond.
    morales0416 and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-10-12 11:11 AM
    Some here should workout some marketing basis ... thanks Matt.
    07-10-12 11:16 AM
    BBM? Your selling point, is BBM? What is this, 2007?
    All RIM ever advertises, is BBM, a keyboard, or a random function that has nothing to do with cell phones. Such as, a bike meeting.
    While I dislike the advert and I am English - the above points are why Blackberry sells so well in the UK or at least has been so do not generalize all markets because of one big market, these may not be selling points in NA but they are in the UK especially the Keyboard and BBM and BBM is a selling reason in nearly all international/developing markets that RIM is in.

I also think it is just some kind of look at this feature viral ad thing I just get that impression from the end of the video.
    Ben1232 and Darlaten like this.
    07-10-12 11:21 AM
    Maybe we should show a grey-haired man wearing an old, dusty, brown suit; reading the Economist newspaper; while CBC NewsWorld is playing on an old RCA Black and White TV; and CBC Radio2 is playing on an old AM radio. Instead of the tag line of "Just Tap It", the tag line could be "Scientists proclaim the world is round."

Clearly, I'm being sarcastic, but this add isn't aimed at the "mature" market; it's aimed squarely at the "young". And in that regard, I think it works.
    07-10-12 07:54 PM
    Why is it that everyone has to find their news on that tiny little website N4BB?

get crackin' crackberry. Stop making everyone else do the work.

I think it's pretty entertaining, really - a big improvement over the boring "Be Bold" crud.
    The guy kinda reminds me of the Milk God guy.

Like it or not, you can't say it doesn't catch your attention, compels you to watch the whole thing and is memorable - the goal of advertising.
    Last edited by PheonixSun; 07-10-12 at 08:53 PM.
    07-10-12 08:47 PM
    I think it's kind of funny personally. I definitely don't find enough negative in it to proclaim it as awful as some seem to find it.
    07-10-12 09:13 PM
    It'd be funnier if she was holding her bb in plain view then buddy walks up with his bb and says, 'Ya, I'd tap that.'

Just saying.
    jafobabe, howarmat and crazeee4u like this.
    07-10-12 09:19 PM
    ^^^^^

Now THAT would be a lot better commercial... well done stewart!
    07-10-12 09:27 PM
    Why is it that everyone has to find their news on that tiny little website N4BB?

I think it's pretty entertaining, really - a big improvement over the boring "Be Bold" crud.
    The guy kinda reminds me of the Milk God guy.

Like it or not, you can't say it doesn't catch your attention, compels you to watch the whole thing and is memorable - the goal of advertising.
    I believe (as noticed on OP) it's mister Belfast Dispatcher we have to give credit to ... even if N4BB tweet alerted me first ;-)
    07-11-12 03:51 AM
    Not RIM's best commercial.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    07-11-12 05:12 AM

I've been wondering about that - I'd never heard about N4BB but they seem to beat crackberry to the punch on pretty any story those days.
    07-11-12 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD