Hi:

I have a new Blackberry 8530). I cannot seem to get the GPS to work If I go into Maps nothing happens I have white boxes with an X. Yesterday I tried and it showed contacting satelite but thats it. I imported all the data off my Pearl today from another provider.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Gord
    11-15-09 01:28 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > GPS.

Make sure GPS Data Source is set to Device GPS, GPS Services to Location ON and go outside or hold your BlackBerry next to a window. Now press the BlackBerry button and choose Refresh GPS. Wait for a while, your BlackBerry should fix itself to a satellite and provide you the coordinations of your current location. If it doesn't try it again somewhere else. If it does and BlackBerry Maps still shows X's, check your network connection settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 04:20 PM
    Hi, I have a BB 8530 and the GPS is not working. I have no "GPS" menu option in: Options> Advanced Options...
    Does it has the GPS locked?
    Rgds,
    08-07-10 01:02 PM
    Hi, I have a BB 8530 and the GPS is not working. I have no "GPS" menu option in: Options> Advanced Options...
    Does it has the GPS locked?
    Rgds,
    What carrier do you have?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-07-10 01:39 PM
    What carrier do you have?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I am not in usa rigth now, I am in Venezuela. The carrier is Movilnet. (CDMA)
    08-08-10 06:51 AM
    I've been having the same issue. I have the Device GPS Set and the Location On...what do you mean press the BB button, which button is that? The 1 to the left of the trackpad? When I do that I don't get "Refresh GPS" as an option.
    08-09-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD