I know guys like Radio and Sith are bound by NDA's, but could you at least let us know if a new 3G BB is on the way for ATT?

My 8820 is great, but ATT's EDGE service is starting to suck now that it is summer and since they moved the EDGE bands to the higher frequencies which suck at penetrating foliage (we have a lot of that up here in NH) and buildings I have a lot more dropped calls and network failures due to the spotty EDGE reception. And its not just my phone. My brother has a 1st gen iphone and has the same problems.

If I liked the Bold I'd get one, but it is kinda pricey and it wasn't very appealing to me.

The only spec I care about is 3G, so is there any news of a possible release by the end of Q3/Q4?

At least if I have a general time frame I can save up for one .
    06-25-09 08:51 PM
    Yes, future BBs will be 3G. There are several in testing.
    06-25-09 08:58 PM
    the onyx will be out around november and is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

faster than the bold with a better screen.
    06-25-09 09:03 PM
    my lady made me promise that i wouldnt upgrade my phone AGAIN until the touch screen/qwerty bb comes out, which i assume will be 3G
    06-25-09 09:19 PM
    Magnum is what you are waiting for jdavis503
    06-25-09 09:25 PM
    I know guys like Radio and Sith are bound by NDA's, but could you at least let us know if a new 3G BB is on the way for ATT?

My 8820 is great, but ATT's EDGE service is starting to suck now that it is summer and since they moved the EDGE bands to the higher frequencies which suck at penetrating foliage (we have a lot of that up here in NH) and buildings I have a lot more dropped calls and network failures due to the spotty EDGE reception. And its not just my phone. My brother has a 1st gen iphone and has the same problems.

If I liked the Bold I'd get one, but it is kinda pricey and it wasn't very appealing to me.

The only spec I care about is 3G, so is there any news of a possible release by the end of Q3/Q4?

At least if I have a general time frame I can save up for one .
    I would suggest you look in the Onyx forum to get info on the next ATT device.
    06-26-09 06:42 AM
    Mods ban him he is posting in every thread to either annoy us or for post counts

Edit: Lol that was quick.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by damankam786; 06-26-09 at 09:28 AM.
    06-26-09 09:26 AM
    Only needs a few clicks to remove all the junk posats. If he repeats the offense a ban could be considered.

Thanks for reporting.
    06-26-09 09:36 AM
    Thanks guys, you have stemmed my urge to get a 3g WinMo phone
    06-26-09 02:58 PM
    I wouldn't get a WinMo phone again until at least mobile 7.

I've played around with 6.5 on a Fuze and it's just horrid.. HORRID.

If MS doesn't reinvent the wheel with WinMo 7, they'll be the laughing stock of the mobile world.
    06-26-09 03:11 PM
    Onyx no release in September. Very slim chance. Carriers plan on oct and nov release. Vodafone has nov planned now. Production no start until sept so it more than likely not launch same month.
    06-27-09 04:21 PM
    I can't wait for the Onyx. Might sell my Bold now in preparation.
    06-28-09 10:24 PM
    Well since my 8900 is on the verge of being sold, I cant sell the Bold or I am berryless. Looking forward to the Onyx though. And who knows how long before we ever see it.
    06-28-09 10:26 PM
    I can't sell my bold or I'd be phoneless haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 10:35 PM
    do what I did. I sold my iphone 3g and got a curve 8310 hoping to wait for the 3gs, and now I cant upgrade hahaaa. so i became a berry guy...
    07-01-09 06:24 PM
    Sell your Bold!! Why not keep it. This way, you'll have a nice back-up device should you need it one day.
    07-01-09 06:32 PM
    the onyx will be out around november and is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

faster than the bold with a better screen.
    I'm waiting for the Onyx as well, however, I heard December as the launch period, not that one month makes a difference.
    07-01-09 06:34 PM
    Well since my 8900 is on the verge of being sold, I cant sell the Bold or I am berryless. Looking forward to the Onyx though. And who knows how long before we ever see it.
    Lol, same goes for the Magnum.
    07-01-09 09:41 PM
    from what I have seen of the device the Onyx appears to be the next hot device.. looking like a winner from all accounts.
    07-01-09 11:41 PM
    I know the Onyx is supposed to be better, but I didn't think it was going to be that much better. I have had my bold for a couple of months and really love it, so the Onyx will have to be pretty special for me to switch.
    07-07-09 01:08 PM
    I hope that rumor is true im coming up on my renewal and would like to get 3g on att with out the bold.
    07-07-09 07:50 PM
    i have had a bold since day 1 and nothing but problems, i think that either 5.0 needs to come out or the next 3G bb. Im hoping they dont drop the ball on this like they did with the Bold.

im hoping to have some sort of info on this device in the following month or so.
    07-07-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD