Guys/Gals,

While I've used BBs for about 4-5 years now, I've never upgraded an OS before....

I just got an email from T-Mobile letting me know that OS6 is available for my 9700 (knew about this from reading CB of course!) but am nervous to install.

Is the process pretty 'foolproof' if I just follow the instructions on T-Mobile's website? Is it a good version to install?

I am ready for a change and wouldn't mind something new (still waiting for new phones to release) but I don't want to mess up my phone.

TIA!
    04-04-11 11:32 AM
    It's not foolproof, BUT generally it goes well, the guide in my signature, written by fellow mod, Crucial Xtreme, or CX, is quite good and almost NEVER fails, BUT nothing in OS upgrading is every 100% sometimes things can go wrong. It's best to make a full backup BEFORE you begin. Also know that you can come to CB for help if things go wrong. It's impossible to ruin your device, the worst that can happen is that you lose the OS, and you lose data, BUT that CAN be fixed and if you have a backup of your data, you won't lose anything. I recommend you follow the guide in my signature from CX.
    04-04-11 12:40 PM
    Thanks! Not sure if I'm brave enough but I'll think it over.
    04-04-11 02:48 PM
    Foolproof? No. Recoverable? Always.

Make a backup before you begin anything. Backup up your BBM settings, QuickLaunch settings, any app that lets you save a backup of configuration settings to your media card. Follow PK's advice and use the CX guide. You'll be fine.
    04-04-11 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD