Anyone else see this on Laing & O'Leary last nighthttp://www.canada.com/onlinetv/news/lang-and-oleary-exchange/video.html
    09-24-12 02:13 AM
    such negativity
    09-24-12 02:24 AM
    Indeed, but it may be deserved I'm getting this bad feeling BB10 may be the greatest mobile platform to never make it to the masses
    09-24-12 02:30 AM
    09-24-12 02:41 AM
    It's called "feeding the goat ". The media has to keep coming up with crap so that we'll keep eating it. The whole "RIM was king of the world and look at them now " thing draws people like a gory accident draws the sexual psychopath. Pay it no mind. Keep driving. We know where we're going. You can't heal the twisted, you can only hope they don't do too much damage...
    terminatorx likes this.
    09-24-12 03:53 AM
    It's called "feeding the goat ". The media has to keep coming up with crap so that we'll keep eating it. The whole "RIM was king of the world and look at them now " thing draws people like a gory accident draws the sexual psychopath. Pay it no mind. Keep driving. We know where we're going. You can't heal the twisted, you can only hope they don't do too much damage...
    Bad news sells. People want to know their life, their job, their world, is not as bad as someone else's.
    09-24-12 05:39 AM

Geez, there must be allot of sexual psychopaths on the road them, cause every time there is an accident on any of the 400 series highways I frequent thousands of cars slow down to check it out long after the gore is cleaned up and the vehicles are safely on the side of the road. It's on of my biggest pet peeves that everyone needs to practically stop to take a picture! I had no idea they were really there to off.
    09-24-12 05:45 AM
    This is why RIM desperately needs to do come up with a Marketing strategy that says: "Hey we are still here and we are better than ever."

People think RIM is dead, and until they tell the world otherwise they will continue to think that.
    09-24-12 06:15 AM
    O'Leary is a right wing nutcase. I remember when he said he had no problem with people having to sleep on the streets.
    Controversy, or stupidity, is his trade.
    09-24-12 06:54 AM
    This is why RIM desperately needs to do come up with a Marketing strategy that says: "Hey we are still here and we are better than ever."

People think RIM is dead, and until they tell the world otherwise they will continue to think that.
    I'll one-up that: They need to release a BB 10 phone to the market, instead of endlessly releasing 'tease' photos of the devices and making vague promises of future releases.

I for one decided to upgrade to a 9930, because I got tired of waiting for the BB 10 phone. Imagine others have done the same, or just switched over platforms altogether.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    09-24-12 08:30 AM
    O'Leary is a right wing nutcase. I remember when he said he had no problem with people having to sleep on the streets.
    Controversy, or stupidity, is his trade.
    He also still uses a BlackBerry for his email. You can see a couple devices on the desk in front of him during the show. I think it is a 9900 and an iPhone.
    09-24-12 08:34 AM
    Does anyone really get news from the main stream media anymore? They're still telling you that President Obama is doing a good job.
    09-24-12 08:49 AM
    Does anyone really get news from the main stream media anymore? They're still telling you that President Obama is doing a good job.
    Where do you get your news then?
    09-24-12 08:53 AM
    Crackberry.com and Fox News. Bill O'Reily is King.

Bill O'Reilly for those who noticed that I missed an l
    Last edited by Lendo78; 09-24-12 at 10:27 AM.
    09-24-12 09:00 AM
    Crackberry.com and Fox News. Bill O'Reily is King.
    If you're serious, I'm so sorry. Although since you spelt his name wrong I'm hoping that was a joke.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    09-24-12 09:06 AM
    Why are we talking politics at CrackBerry.com? KNOCK IT OFF, this is not the whitehouse.gov, or rushlimbugh.com, or whatever! We are a BB site not a political retoric site.
    pantlesspenguin and Stewartj1 like this.
    09-24-12 09:07 AM
    We're not talking politics, we're analyzing the media.
    09-24-12 09:08 AM
    We're not talking politics, we're analyzing the media.
    Well then lets try our best to leave partisan opinions of polical topics and figures out of it then. Lets focus on the devices and how the media handles them. Political opinions tend to get people in trouble.
    09-24-12 10:15 AM
    It was the only example of media bias I could come up with at the time.
    09-24-12 10:24 AM

And people will continue to think they are dead until RIM demonstrates that it's new devices consume media....
    ....As good if not better than a Droid or iphone can.
    ....And yes, they absolutely need the same thing on the Playbook.

When you see Skype and Netflix on the Playbook then we will all know our time in the desert is nearing it's end...
    ...Until THAT time it's all smoke off imaginary chili.
    ...And I can assure you the average person on the street thinks the same thing.
    Lendo likes this.
    09-24-12 10:39 AM
    I'd like to use Skype again as well, but I don't get to use in on Linux either so I'm not really missing it. LOL
    09-24-12 10:41 AM
    I'll one-up that: They need to release a BB 10 phone to the market, instead of endlessly releasing 'tease' photos of the devices and making vague promises of future releases.
    Relax, they will. They said they will. If they didn't release teaser photos, people would be crucifying them even more with accusations that the phone and platform are a myth.

I for one decided to upgrade to a 9930, because I got tired of waiting for the BB 10 phone. Imagine others have done the same, or just switched over platforms altogether.
    Good choice to upgrade to a 9930.
    09-24-12 10:49 AM
    I bought my wife a 9900 and now I'm jealous cause her phone is better than mine. Until BB10 comes
    09-24-12 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD