I listen or watch several Networks but I didn't hear the Media announce this about Microsoft email outage. We usually hear about BlackBerry outage immediately!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/st...ok-outage.html

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:40 AM
    Because it's only fun for them to bash if it's BB related...
    03-14-13 07:47 AM
    I noticed the same thing. Wasn't it like half a day or something?

Weird how that works, eh?
    03-14-13 08:09 AM
    Who is Microsoft is he the last place guy

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:14 AM
    how many people were affected. I know i wasnt on either of my hotmail/outlook accounts.
    03-14-13 08:27 AM
    I read quite a bit about it. But then, I looked for it since my Sister was one of the effected.
    03-14-13 09:05 AM
    Just a spotty outage... I use it and had no issue...had the whole email system crashed for a day or so you would have heard a lot more... remember the BB outage affected millions and some for a couple of days....
    03-14-13 09:07 AM
    I thought CB was doing things again as I was emails from a couples days ago yesterday.
    03-14-13 09:15 AM
    My point is that the Media reports A BlackBerry outage at a drop of hat. For example earlier this year Vodafone had problems and most of the Media reported it as a BlackBerry problem. Last year iMessage had a outages but it wasn't publicized. So, how many people were affected by Microsoft, they're not going to tell.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:52 AM
    My point is that the Media reports A BlackBerry outage at a drop of hat. For example earlier this year Vodafone had problems and most of the Media reported it as a BlackBerry problem. Last year iMessage had a outages but it wasn't publicized. So, how many people were affected by Microsoft, they're not going to tell.

Posted via CB10
    You're making a mixed comparison, though. If you want to compare iMessage and BBM, that would make sense, but the BlackBerry outages you're referring to were more than BBM as I recall.

But honestly, consider this: if the media is reporting outages it's because people care, which beats the alternative.
    03-14-13 10:18 AM
    Just a spotty outage... I use it and had no issue...had the whole email system crashed for a day or so you would have heard a lot more... remember the BB outage affected millions and some for a couple of days....
    Agree, though the media definitely isn't consistent. Remember the one that happened around the iPhone 5 launch? It was less than 5% of RIM's customers and it was fixed fast. CTV tweeted about it, ran it on the news and had polls like "will RIM survive!!!???"

Meanwhile, Apple had outages of similar magnitude a few days earlier and after. And they dragged on a bit longer. Not a peep from CTV at all on it. And google searches at the time showed BlackBerry's outage generating 50 times the coverage of the comparable Apple outages.

BlackBerry outages of any magnitude = the news. The same equal courtesy is not given.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-14-13 10:41 AM
    What who dare speaking of Microsoft is bad

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:10 AM