I've upgraded my OS on the Bold a number of times and each time I always used DM to back everything up and when I launched Loader.exe I would chose the option of doing a backup and restore during the process as well. And when the OS loaded all of my files would be where they were before, same with the settings for my apps, and my icon arrangements for each theme I have.

However, while upgrading to .291 and the Bold hybrid all of my apps were gone and the few that were there had the default settings.

I haven't done anything differently when I was updating my OS and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience or if anyone could offer any assistance.

Thanks in advance.
    08-01-09 02:15 PM
    That's weird, every-time I ever up or downgraded, I had to re-load third party apps, move icons back, etc. I've never had everything go back to the way it was without re-arranging.
    08-01-09 02:37 PM
    That's weird, every-time I ever up or downgraded, I had to re-load third party apps, move icons back, etc. I've never had everything go back to the way it was without re-arranging.
    LoL, really?

I regret putting .291 on my Bold and want to switch back to .282 but it takes forever to re-arrange the icons and re-load all my apps and restore their settings.
    08-01-09 02:43 PM
    As far as restoring settings etc., you can try restoring your backup file. You'll need to reinstall your 3rd party apps first, but a backup restore should put things back to the way they were.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 05:34 PM
    As far as restoring settings etc., you can try restoring your backup file. You'll need to reinstall your 3rd party apps first, but a backup restore should put things back to the way they were.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks...Hopefully it'll work. I hate having to re-arrange the icons and install all my 3rd party apps and their settings!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    08-01-09 06:01 PM
    can anyone help me wtih upgrading my os?
    im tryin to upgrade to .151 on the 9530 and when i go into DM and apploader to upgrade it finds the .151 upgrade but when i go to upgrade it says no upgrade needed. Please help?
    08-08-09 09:30 PM
    can anyone help me wtih upgrading my os?
    im tryin to upgrade to .151 on the 9530 and when i go into DM and apploader to upgrade it finds the .151 upgrade but when i go to upgrade it says no upgrade needed. Please help?
    Go to the C:Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader files folder. If there is more than one OS folder in there for your device, you need to delete the ones you aren't trying to load.

Also, go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and unnstall the OS from there.
    08-08-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD